• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Thomas being at full speed is actually a disadvantage, as the second he turns he's going to crash and he'd take too long to stop.

Here are some facts.

McQueen can only last a couple of hours with his fuel due to the speed he usually runs at, so, if this ends up in a waiting contest, Mcqueen will be incap first.

But, Im leaning to McQueen on this one, Thomas is nowhere as fast as him, and a crash from the side of Thomas will 100% tip him over, and thus killing or at least incapacitating him.

Bump

But as I said above, wouldn't having McQueen slam into Thomas knock Thomas over and crush the front of lightning? Cause Trains tend to weigh more than cars and flatten/rip through cars easily. So though LM has a MAJOR speed edge, I think the fight comes down to this, train vs car.

Wasn't early Cars 3 Mc Queen around 196/197 mph, and towards the end could somewhat keep up with Cruise, who can perfectly imitate the speeds of 200mph+ cars? I feel that's a really big speed advantage, so he could potentially speed blitz!

And he has been on train tracks before, I suppose. Are we only using the films, or also those cartoon shorts?

Well, the speed is basically sourced by statements and in-film measurements, as opposed to the profile's vague "I mean... he's a racecar, so... he should be fast, right?".

As for whether or not we can expand outside the films... the profile doesn't really say.

Hmm, his defense is pretty good, he survived that crash in Cars 3 which seems pretty harsh, and that was him being attacked, not vice verse. However, off the top of my head, I can't think of that many defense feats for him, so I'd have to come back to you on that one.

EDIT: Oops, I lied. That's what you get for missing the release of Cars 3, and then only being able to watch it once in free time. That lowers his defense feats... but he did have that big crash in when he first entered Radiator Springs, I guess.

edit: removing that

anyways, I think Thomas would win. The only way either can attack is by ramming, and if McQueen rams a train, it will backlash and incapacitate/kill Lightning as well.

So it's either Thomas or stalemate

I don't really think he'd be that harmed that significantly by crashing into Thomas. He has survived top-speed crashes before...

Thomas is superhuman speed at best, assuming this isnt speed equalization, Lightning McQueen can pretty much outspeed Thomas with subsonic speed, i have no idea how thomas can survive these crashes, multiple times in a row, also noting that thomas is restricted to rail tracks, and lightning McQueen can move freely,

keeping it short: my vote goes to Lightning McQueen

You guys are actuing like crashing into Thomas won't hurt McQueen too. If you throw a car to a train, the car will be destroyed.

You can't destroy a brick wall by headbutting without breaking your head first.

In other words, Thomas stomps.

DMB 1 said:
You guys are actuing like crashing into Thomas won't hurt McQueen too. If you buts a car o a train, the car will be destroyed.
You can't destroy a brick wall wby headbutting without breaking your head first.

In other words, Thomas stomps.
they have similiar AP (Wall level), similiar durability (Wall level), surely they wont have trouble,

But I doubt he damaged anything at the weight of a train. A train's weight is the main reason car-train crashes total the car, too kuch inertia to move.

The best mcqueen can do to output the most damage is a headon crash, which would kill or incapacitate him. The only other thing he can do is graze Thomas.

These are vehicles, they cant actually fight, so just being faster wont help Mcqueen.

Exactly: every "blow" McQueen will trade, will be much more harmful to him than to Thomas.

Back