• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU - About the Power Stone

I saw a screenshot of this dialogue and went to look for the clip, and it might or might not change how we should rate some MCU characters.

So, in this clip from Guardians 1, Gamora and Starlord are explaining how the Orb works, and she mentions something interesting: "The bigger the target, the bigger the power surge", to explain how Ronan would wipe the life of the planet if he touched it.

Seems like they're saying that the power stone's . . . power depends on the size of the target. That way, it would show a lot of energy when destroying, say, a moon or a planet, but when focusing on a much smaller target, like a human-sized object, it wouldn't be as powerful.

How I interpreted it, at least. What you guys think?

That's really just referring to AoE, and that normally big blasts would have more energy.

But, you know how we treat AoE.

Hmmn, now I watch the film this might make sense. I'm not sure if Thanos's actually hitting Iron Man with the full power of the stone. A lot of people got hit by Power Stone blasts, Captain America, White Wolf (Bucky) and Okoye. They're definitely not 5-A.

It still has the power to destroy living beings if it's full power is directed at them. Okoye only survived because Thanos just swatted her away like a fly.

Back