• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan

VS Battles
Calculation Group

Apparently in this thread we said that all vibranium is equal. However, the reason Black Panther is not listed as 6-C (btw the 8-B rating is outdated should be 8-A) is that the vibranium protection he wears is just laced onto a suit and thinner or something. If we are to consider all vibranium equal like having Falcon's wings at 6-C, shouldn't we be consistent with that? There are no anti-feats either. However, a problem is that we currently assume Black Panther to be capable of outputting as much as his suit can take with his KE blasts. So as he has not demonstrated 6-C purple stuff, I guess that has to be removed? Either that or not all vibranium is equal and he should not be 6-C and neither should Falcon be.

Apparently in this thread we said that all vibranium is equal. However, the reason Black Panther is not listed as 6-C (btw the 8-B rating is outdated should be 8-A) is that the vibranium protection he wears is just laced onto a suit and thinner or something. If we are to consider all vibranium equal like having Falcon's wings at 6-C, shouldn't we be consistent with that? There are no anti-feats either. However, a problem is that we currently assume Black Panther to be capable of outputting as much as his suit can take with his KE blasts. So as he has not demonstrated 6-C purple stuff, I guess that has to be removed? Either that or not all vibranium is equal and he should not be 6-C and neither should Falcon be.
Um this was discussed in that thread Black Panthers suit doesn't have the same properties as regular vibranium it's specifically made to be more impact and kinetic energy absorbent so it doesn't necessarily have to be as durable as something like captain America's shield or Ultron's body that's pure vibranium. Falcons wings are confirmed by WoG to be made of the same standard Vibranium same as say captain America's shield which is why they're 6-C as they also have no anti-feats

I presume you are referring to the thread that was referred to by the thread I linked, which I do not know which one it is.

I guess I'll just need an admin to unlock the thread to change the ratings to 8-A.

I presume you are referring to the thread that was referred to by the thread I linked, which I do not know which one it is.

I guess I'll just need an admin to unlock the thread to change the ratings to 8-A.
Yes in terms of falcon's wings with the thread you linked since it links to WoG confirming his Wings are made of standard Vibranium but in terms ot T'Challa that was already discussed and is in the OP for the Vibranium thread for why specifically T'Challa and Vision don't scale to 6-C even though they both have Vibranium present

Here's the exact quote from the OP of the Vibranium thread explaining it:

Important note: Vision and T'Challa's Vibranium suit DO NOT SCALE IN THIS REVISION THEY WILL NOT BE UPGRADED TO 6-C, Vision isn't made entirely of pure Vibranium and is a compound but is still worth note same as T'Challa whose second suit is made specifically to store more kinetic energy than normal Vibranium and as such should have better properties than normal Vibranium allowing it to not need to necessarily be as strong as the attacker yet absorb more energy and impact moreso than say captain America's shield.

I don't think Panther's AP with the KE blast should scale to 6-C since the mechanics of that depends on the KE he absorbs rather than flat damage and would as such be variable.

For dura, wouldn't it make more sense that it be treated as Damage Reduction and Energy Absorption rather than flat durability? We don't know how much damage T’Challa is actually taking physically after it has been mitigated. It's best we leave his durability as Unknown? He should be listed as being able to absorb damage up to 6-C tho.

Back