• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Casket would be an outlier and having the X amount of energy doesn't mean said energy can be output all at once, ignoring the fact it doesn't scale to anyone.

Apparently increasing the apparent magnitude of stars is around Moon level at a minimum. This does concern close stars, however, and we have no idea about this one, but it's a good low-ball.

AnonymousBlank said:
Casket would be an outlier and having the X amount of energy doesn't mean said energy can be output all at once, ignoring the fact it doesn't scale to anyone.
Though it was stated to keep all of Jotunheim frozen by literally existing.

@Blue

What does Thanos have to do with anything and what way? Because if its the Tesseract that belongs to a entirely different tier so there is no consistency.

@Rana

The X energy was referring to the Tesseract. In hindsight I should have been much clearer with what I was referring to.

AnonymousBlank said:
@Blue
What does Thanos have to do with anything and what way? Because if its the Tesseract that belongs to a entirely different tier so there is no consistency.

@Rana

The X energy was referring to the Tesseract. In hindsight I should have been much clearer with what I was referring to.
The Tesseract is simply a disguise for the space stone, the power of the tesseract is powered by the stone.

I know, thats common knowledge. My point is that the Tesseract/Stone having X power doesn't mean it can output said power at once. So the statement of it having the power to destroy the planet means nothing without feats.

The Space Stone never did anything of the sort. It moved some big rocks from just the surface which comes out as island level for the larger ones.

No, Thanos broke up the whole moon with the core as well, and the space stone threw the pieces of the moon which the mass and size of which altogether was the size of a moon

That doesn't support your claim at all. That actually goes against your claim as it was clearly a surface wipe (doesn't affect the core) and the rocks he pulled down are nowhere near the mass of the moon or half of it as you say is the minimum. The only feat there that is above their current tiers is from the Power Stone surface wiping the moon.

Yes and we saw some of the rocks get pulled, not all of them. They were also only from half the surface at most and was not shown to include the majority of the moon. The moon not being shown anymore means that you have nothing to say it got dragged down in its entirety when nothing supports this.

You saw the blue line of breaking up not stopping, meaning it tore up more than half the moon.

Also, we can use potentially or possibly 5-B for the space stone instead of just saying 5-B

It covered more than half the moon's surface. I have no issue agreeing it covered the entirety of the moon's surface but thats where the buck stops. There is nothing to say it moved more of the moon than we saw and nothing to say more of the moon was destroyed than we saw. If you really insist on the full moon getting destroyed and moved then the dozen island level and below rocks that were pulled down is the full mass of the moon.

The Space Stone didn't destory the surface, the Power Stone did. Space was only used to drag the stuff down. Pretty sure there is a calc somewhere on the wiki.

The calc was removed because it relied on the assumption that Thanos moved the entire moon at these speeds. I think kinetic energy is outright unusable since the speed of the debris were also amped (if not outright teleported) by the space stone, not Thanos' own force.

I believe the one on Narutoforums was ignored because it used the real life moon of titan, which is quite a bit larger than ours.

Yeah we do. If you look at the footage (especially frame by frame) the only time you see it move is when a huge blue swirl appears. Start at 2:58 if you want to see.

Let's go over what happens sequentially.

1. The moon's surface is covered in a strange blue aura.
  2. A blue light appears with the same effect as the space stone right outside the planet and sucks in the shattered moon's surface, surrounding each piece with a blue effect.
  3. All the debris appear thousands of kilometers closer and slow down to speeds visible to the human eye right after.
That doesn't seem like telekinesis, in my opinion. The only time he uses it, IIRC, is near the end of this clip.

Streamable and www.watchframebyframe.com don't do that. You can ask anyone here, but fine, this is the youtube link.

It can just mean the debris traveled really fast, especially since Thanos had to do a hand jesture to make the debris to start flying in the 1st place. The blue is probably the vortex which Thanos pulled the stones to titan

They explain Thanos can't use the stones when his hand is restrained, implying he needs to use gestures for pretty much anything. That what I said, and it still rules out kinetic energy.

Well, you said there was a second calc but it was rejected because they used the real titan moon instead of the fictional titan moon. Maybe we can reuse that calc but try to find out how big the titan moon was

I can't find it. I'll try dig it up.

Edit: Here it is. They also use an entire moon, though.

I haven't run through it all, but being nearly killed by High 6-C+ energy would be a pretty notable anti feat here

Not sure it invalidates the whole thing, but it's something to keep in mind

I dunno about the small planet level calc. Yeah, Mjolnir was made in a neutron star, but I'm not sure that goes as far as to say it has the density of one, just that the metal was forged with that sort of heat like we see in infinity war. I also dunno how this got so dramatically higher in comparison to the other calc we did of it.

About Mjolnir creation. Neutron stars lose heat with time, so it was hotter when Mjolnir was created. Also to note, the entire energy of the star is used to melt the metal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back