• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the entire energy if the star was used, it would be snuffed out by forging it

On the other hand, using some of the emission for a focused beam would still leave fuel for future smithing

Why would the cross sectional area be that high, for reference?

Thor isn't big enough to have taken the entire blast

div class="quote"> DMUA wrote: Why would the cross sectional area be that high, for reference?

Thor isn't big enough to have taken the entire blast </div>

Not for Thor, its about Mjolnir. U can see the entire beam's energy is used to melt the metal. The entire beam is focused for melting Mjolnir

So not even low 6-B beam =< Thor who takes hits from and harm Ragnarok Hela > imprisoned Hela >>> Mjolnir = low 6-B beam

??? This is kinda circular.

I think Thor is weaker when he doesn't put out lightning from his body. He was weaker while doing the forge feat than he was while fighting Hela. You can see while fighting Thanos he's regular at first but as he goes lightning mode he starts to slowly turn Thanos' hand in the wrestling battle

Wait

That cross sectional area is for the hammer

Which is significantly smaller than Thor

My language is wrong pardon. I mean the entire beam. In the Thor dura calc we took only that much portion which hit Thor, but we forget that the entire beam hits the kiln, at yet the metal doesn't melt instantly. Its like using a solar water heater.

This only makes less sense the more we think about it, honestly

DMUA said:
Wait

That cross sectional area is for the hammer

Which is significantly smaller than Thor
No but they actually focus the entire energy on the kiln. The kiln's the same, it's the metal which gets moulded into different shapes. Uru is more durable than Thor coz it took a lot of time to melt in that time Thor almost died

The more I see her fights, the more I think Hela just has a weakness to piercing. Random Einherjar literally shanked her, Thor with Gungnir shanked her, Valkyrie shanked her, Surtur would have shanked her if his sword wasn't a skyscraper. Last one is a joke but everything but the pointy end is tanked. Lightning? More like jumper static. Mjolnir? Just testing her grip strength. Thor punching her? Annoying little brother.

Also Uru being more durable than Thor still gives the issue of Thor < Hela >>> Uru > Thor

Why are we derailing the thread talking about mjolnir. We should be talking about the feats talked about in the OP first like Hela destroying Mjolnir or the casket of ancient winters

hela didnt stomp awakened thor, after he hit her with the lighting strike their next encounter he was deflecting her swords and even knocked her to the ground, she then dodged his attack knocked him down and once he got up and charged at her she deflected more of his attacks and she was dodging him

its also possible that thor was jumped at the started of IW since valkyrie wasnt there loki was unharmed and hulk showed up for the suprise attack

Btw, I just realized this but it seems that the Casket Of Ancient Winters ice on Jotunheim was holding out for thousands of years. It was stated that the reason the Frost Giants came to steal the Casket was because Jotunheim itself (not the surface) started to melt. So yes, the Casket froze it to the point that melting it would melt the planet itself.

However, this also proves that the Bifrost was going to destroy a weakened planet. Though this may give a more accurate calc for the bifrost destroying an planet literally made of ice within a matter of minutes.

Yes. Gravity on Jotunheim seemed same as Earth. So I assume it's bigger than Earth because ice is less dense that rock.

The tensile strength of ice varies from 0.7―3.1 MPa and the compressive strength varies from 5―25 MPa

RanaProGamer said:
(Surpassed Odin)
This sticks out to me in the OP

Everything else seems fine, but I don't remember him surpassing Odin at any point

I think it comes from this nonsensical line in Thor Ragnarok

• THOR: I'm not as strong as you.
  • ODIN: No. You're stronger.

"No, you're stronger"

"Oh also can you make sure to nuke Asgard with one of my old enemies who will completely ROLF your stronger sister kthanks"

Yeah

Either way, I dunno if the bifrost should directly scale to Thor or Odin as this implies, either. We do know the bifrost can destroy planets and whatnot, but I don't think it takes a level of power to control

Jotunheim looks like Europa. So it should be as dense as i1- 3010 kg/m3.

Since Jotunheim had the same surface gravity as Earth, it means Yotunheim must be as heavy as Earth. We can calculate Jotunheim's radius and then the GBE of the planet from there

That brings the GBE to 2.031e32J. Give a considerable time to destroy say, 30 minutes, we get 1.12833333e29J or 26.96 exaton. Multi Continent level+

We've already agreed that Odin doesn't scale to the Bifrost, only the Casket of Winters.

People keep saying he scales to the Casket but what scales him to the Casket beyond one throwaway line from Hela calling it weak? The very same scene has her downplaying the Tesseract which we know to be stronger than Odin despite Odin being stronger than EF Surtur and thus her.

We can actually calculate energy required to break the Rainbow Bridge from here coz it literally channels the energy of thw Bifrost

We've already been over this. Channeling the Bifrost isn't the same as tanking it. That would also place Thor at Multi-Continent level.

Thor required multiple blows to break it in the first film. In Thor Ragnarok he destroyed it with a single lightning bolt. We have a non glowy eyes Thor tanking the neutron star right? What if base Thor? What if base Thor is High 6-C+, Awakened Thor is High 6-A?

ByAsura said:
I think it comes from this nonsensical line in Thor Ragnarok
I mean that was probably ether referring to Thor's potential or was metaphorically speaking.

Ether way it doesn't make sense to be physically stronger then Odin.

Except Base Thor = Hulk < Lightning Thor, the difference between the two states is nowhere near enough for that kind of gap.

The calc for the High 6-A Bifrost is also wrong as Loki had it open for a while and it did nowhere near the damage that calc would imply. You also assumed Jotunheim has the mass of earth because of the gravity but Asgard has the same but is far smaller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back