• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU: High 6-A/5-C Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, I still disagree, most of the evidence here is based on vague scaling assumptions. What If should not count for the MCU as there are shown to be many significant differences between timelines.

Most importantly, this still blatantly contradicts Surtur, a character who is much stronger than any of the cast, dying from the destruction of Asgard, which is much weaker than the proposed upgrade. That is one significant anti-feat

Honestly, I still disagree, most of the evidence here is based on vague scaling assumptions. What If should not count for the MCU as there are shown to be many significant differences between timelines.

Most importantly, this still blatantly contradicts Surtur, a character who is much stronger than any of the cast, dying from the destruction of Asgard, which is much weaker than the proposed upgrade. That is one significant anti-feat
This would only apply to Infinity War/Endgame Top tiers

We’re did you get the rocket statement from?
Marvel Studios Visual Dictionary

I plan on going through these books and looking for feats

These vague assumptions being scans from guidebooks and statements made by people who work for Marvel? Also the Surtur anti-feat can easily be explained away by the many times it’s stated that Surtur will die once he destroys Asgard, so it’s likely to be more of a fate thing than a durability thing. Dismissing What If scaling for differences that don’t affect how strong a character should be, ie in this case Captain Marvel, is also being questioned.

You are also supposed to wait for other counters arguments, you can't just expect to not go work, to not sleep, to not focus on anything else to restlessly argue here.

Maybe if they are takin, months, weeks or days, but this was just made yesterday.
are these “good amount to people” in the room with us right now?
I expect people to weight there opinion on a CRT upgrading quite possibly the most popular verse on this site, yes.
Also it's a CRT your kinda supposed to argue your point because that's the entire point of making one.

You expect people to read everything you do while simultaneously not waiting for them until they have analyzed your points and make their own.
----

Anyway I was going to talk to about hela and the eternal flame, but since that was brushed off I will try the other stuff

Tesseract:

Note, that this the potential energy that the cube can unleash, how that theoretical power is fully tapped on all at once is not know yet. Is questionable to put scale characters like Captain Marvel directly to a source of power which full strength is conditional.
Klol already made his point about how vague Ronan decision is, but it adds anyway.

Rocket:
We do see the power of the Hadron enforcer, it destroyed a large portion of Ronan's ship, not something comparable to moon destruction.

We should put precedence on what is shown, not what is merely stated.

We literally don't consider Ronan to have Moon level durability for this exact same reason I said. It's in our profiles dude.

Mind:
Thor is referring to the mind stone exotic powers when fully unleashed in this scene. Not specifically its energy.

"Their powers (referring to Pietro and Wanda), the horrors in our heads (Refering to the visions that forced into them, Ultron himself they all came from the mind stone and nothing compare to what it can unleash it"

Anything I didn't I stay neutral about until I have made a proper thought about them

...Also.

We never apply anything, and three people, of which two disagree with everything without giving any argument at the moment, aren't a "good amount of people"
Two out what, five, six?
Compared to how many just FRA'd here?
You might want to start counting votes right now dude.

Anyway I was going to talk to about hela and the eternal flame, but since that was brushed off I will try the other stuff

Tesseract:

Note, that this the potential energy that the cube can unleash, how that theoretical power is fully tapped on all at once is not know yet. Is questionable to put scale characters like Captain Marvel directly to a source of power which full strength is conditional.
Klol already made his point about how vague Ronan decision is, but it adds anyway.
Even if we did count the Ronan statement, the Tesseract's power is only ever properly used once it is actually harnessed into a weapon. That's my argument against using the Tesseract's energy as combat-capable AP.

Rocket:
We do see the power of the Hadron enforcer, it destroyed a large portion of Ronan's ship, not something comparable to moon destruction.

We literally don't consider Ronan to have Moon level durability for this exact same reason I said. It's in our profiles dude.
Good point.

Mind:
Thor is referring to the mind stone exotic powers when fully unleashed in this scene. Not specifically its energy.

"Their powers (referring to Pietro and Wanda), the horrors in our heads (Refering to the visions that forced into them, Ultron himself they all came from the mind stone and nothing compare to what it can unleash it"

Anything I didn't I stay neutral about until I have made a proper thought about them

...Also.
Even if it were that case, I still wouldn't chalk up Wanda destroying the Stone with just brute force AP. Vision himself is the biggest proof of this, he explicitly makes mention of the energy signatures being similar is how the destruction of the Mind Stone is going to work, because her powers originate from the Mind Stone itself. It's blatant exploitation of a weakness.

The Tesseract
The Tesseract in the second quote is missing a fuller context
NICK FURY: How long to get everyone out?

PHIL COULSON : Campus should be clear in the next half hour.

NICK FURY Do better.

MARIA HILL: Sir, evacuation may be futile.

NICK FURY: We should tell them to go back to sleep?

MARIA HILL: If we can't control the Tesseract's energy, there may not be a minimum safe distance.
Minimum safe distance just means that within 30 minutes they may not get them far enough. The first quote is not relevant to the second quote.

The first quote I guess makes sense since its more direct. However, we have to acknowledge the context its in. Black Widow is who said it and the entire scene was about her lying to Banner the entire time to get him to be part of the project. While the power statement can work, it's also from an unreliable narrator in that scene.
Both statements are true. But if the Tesseract has no clear cut power then they don't have any clear-cut power either.

I guess potentially you can get 6-C to 6-B from this maybe if you scale the Tesseract to the 250 pounds of Tesseract bombs that were going to destroy the East Coast overtime.
The Bifrost
Stormbreaker was also directly made to counter the beam and even if you dismiss that WoG then the directors also stated Thanos just completely misjudged the power and if he was readied the axe would have done nothing. I don't see a proper scaling chain here.
Captain Marvel
  • WoG states: “With Captain Marvel, who has powers that approach a level that we haven’t seen before in our films, you need to counter-balance that by finding somebody who is also very human and very relatable and can get into a groove with the audience, where they’re willing to see her fly through the sun and punch a moon away from a spacecraft". Knocking the moon out of orbit is High 6-A.
This statement has no on screen backing and is vastly superior to any feat Carol has preformed.
  • Captain Marvel performed a High 6-A feat in What If...?
We have been over this multiple times. What If scaling is one way and that has not changed. You cannot use What If Carol to justify main-universe Carol.
Moon level (5-C)
Hadron Enforcer
Nidavellir making stuff doesn't mean everything they make is superior. Though the Power Stone is a bigger indicator of of a 5-C scaling chain, no one besides Thanos being amped for a couple seconds scales to this and his only feat is easily one shotting Captain Marvel and removing the stone from his body.

Also for the Hadron Enforcer I'm mostly sure we don't even accept it as true since its from Rocket, who's known to vastly overhype himself and the shown power displays of it aren't close to Moon busting (also it should be noted Moons vary in size anyways. Earth's moon is notably large and the MCU has a ton of weird planets like Gorr's Football stadium world).

Got a clearer scan of the statement

8730958-e1c72754-e88e-4c09-a409-e03f70d1d2b5.jpeg

I will quote the Attack Potency page:
An alternative term for Destructive Capacity which has more direct meaning: The Destructive Capacity that an attack is equivalent to. A character with a certain degree of attack potency does not necessarily need to cause destructive feats on that level, but can cause damage to characters that can withstand such forces. As such it isn't proof of a low attack potency, if a character's attacks only cause a small amount of destruction.

We are aware that this technically violates the principle of conservation of energy, as it should logically disperse upon impact, but fiction generally tends to ignore this fact, so we overlook it as well.

Also, kindly remember that Attack Potency is the measure of Destructive Capacity of an attack, and as such, is measured via its energy damage equivalent. Hence, characters that destroy mountains or islands are not automatically mountain or island level, especially if they are small. The attack potency depends on the energy output of a single attack, not the area of effect of the attack.
The Hadron Enforcer has statements from Rocket and guidebooks confirming that it is Moon level, literally saying: "although the weapon has the power to destroy entire moons, Ronan is largey unscathed."
also it should be noted Moons vary in size anyways
This shouldn't be an argument unless you want to invalidate all the calcs that assume the size of the Moon, Earth, or Sun for celestial bodies of unknown size
like Gorr's Football stadium world
The Shadow Realm was never stated to be a planet or a moon

Even if we did count the Ronan statement, the Tesseract's power is only ever properly used once it is actually harnessed into a weapon. That's my argument against using the Tesseract's energy as combat-capable AP.
Except this isn't even the fist time it was used.
The Asguardian's used it in ancient times to supposedly conquer world so at the very least the Asguardians would know of it's power.
How does this factor into the Kree?
The Kree battled the Asguardians in ancient times so they as well should know of it's power
Good point.
Aww hell nah, we going back to the days of taking everything at face value, wall level MCU cast. If that's the case with the Guradians current ratings They should be able to survive the Hadron Enforcer.
Not happening
We have statements upon statements proving that wrong

Isn't he a Moon tho?
He's called a Living Planet
This shouldn't be an argument unless you want to invalidate all the calcs that assume the size of the Moon, Earth, or Sun for celestial bodies of unknown size
Those calcs all give (or should give) alternate ends with alternate planet sizes. The defaults only exists if they're similar enough to the Earth to warrant such a comparison.
The Shadow Realm was never stated to be a planet or a moon
The planet they fight on is what I was talking about. The shadow realm is just a place that light doesn't like.

Except this isn't even the fist time it was used.
The Asguardian's used it in ancient times to supposedly conquer world so at the very least the Asguardians would know of it's power.
How does this factor into the Kree?
The Kree battled the Asguardians in ancient times so they as well should know of it's power
How exactly did they use its power?

Aww hell nah, we going back to the days of taking everything at face value, wall level MCU cast. If that's the case with the Guradians current ratings They should be able to survive the Hadron Enforcer.
Not happening
We have statements upon statements proving that wrong
What?

The Tesseract in the second quote is missing a fuller context

Minimum safe distance just means that within 30 minutes they may not get them far enough. The first quote is not relevant to the second quote.

The first quote I guess makes sense since its more direct. However, we have to acknowledge the context its in. Black Widow is who said it and the entire scene was about her lying to Banner the entire time to get him to be part of the project. While the power statement can work, it's also from an unreliable narrator in that scene.

Both statements are true. But if the Tesseract has no clear cut power then they don't have any clear-cut power either.

I guess potentially you can get 6-C to 6-B from this maybe if you scale the Tesseract to the 250 pounds of Tesseract bombs that were going to destroy the East Coast overtime.

Stormbreaker was also directly made to counter the beam and even if you dismiss that WoG then the directors also stated Thanos just completely misjudged the power and if he was readied the axe would have done nothing. I don't see a proper scaling chain here.

This statement has no on screen backing and is vastly superior to any feat Carol has preformed.

We have been over this multiple times. What If scaling is one way and that has not changed. You cannot use What If Carol to justify main-universe Carol.

Nidavellir making stuff doesn't mean everything they make is superior. Though the Power Stone is a bigger indicator of of a 5-C scaling chain, no one besides Thanos being amped for a couple seconds scales to this and his only feat is easily one shotting Captain Marvel and removing the stone from his body.

Also for the Hadron Enforcer I'm mostly sure we don't even accept it as true since its from Rocket, who's known to vastly overhype himself and the shown power displays of it aren't close to Moon busting (also it should be noted Moons vary in size anyways. Earth's moon is notably large and the MCU has a ton of weird planets like Gorr's Football stadium world).
It is consdering this is in relation to the tesseracts power

It’s not tbh, the tesseract was acting up in the beginning of the film and shield was having trouble controlling its power cuz for some reason the stones are vaguely sentient. So I doubt she was lying about it’s power

I mean it dose so…

It would be in tier 5 considering “wipe out” means to utterly destroy

Ya Stormbreaker scaling to infinity gauntlet is shaky at best tbh

Considering her tesseract scaling id think this would be valid.

why not? She hasn’t done anything outrageous in terms of power.

Your right but it should be superior to rockets tech considering how he rates it.

it’s been stated to have that power in multiple guidebooks so it doesn’t really matter.(don’t we use are moon as a basis for moon busting unless stated otherwise? Gorr’s shadow ball was never stated to be a planet or a moon)

It is consdering this is in relation to the tesseracts power
Its them saying they cannot get anyone to a safe distance within 30 minutes. A far cry from destroying the surface of a planet.
It’s not tbh, the tesseract was acting up in the beginning of the film and shield was having trouble controlling its power cuz for some reason the stones are vaguely sentient. So I doubt she was lying about it’s power
What do you mean you doubt? The entire scene was her making up a story and trying to trick Banner into coming with her to SHIELD. He catches on to this and calls her bluff.
why not? She hasn’t done anything outrageous in terms of power.
I don't know what you're referencing here. If you mean Captain Marvel then its because we don't see her ever do anything close to moving moons or deorbiting them. Even What If Marvel doesn't do that and she has better feats.

How exactly did they use its power?
Asguardians were cosmic conquerors, I see no reason why Odin would not use his quote "The Tesseract was the jewel of Odin's Treasure Room." in his conquest.
This included the Kree Empire as they fought the Asgardians in the past. So the Kree should be well aware of it's power
The entire crux of this argument stands on is that we only see a small explosion come from the Hadron Enforcer which time and Time again has been stated to have the ability to destroy moons.
That is just blatant disregarding of statement

You are also supposed to wait for other counters arguments, you can't just expect to not go work, to not sleep, to not focus on anything else to restlessly argue here.

Maybe if they are takin, months, weeks or days, but this was just made yesterday.

You expect people to read everything you do while simultaneously not waiting for them until they have analyzed your points and make their own.
----

Tesseract:

Rocket:

Mind:

...Also.

Two out what, five, six?
Compared to how many just FRA'd here?
You might want to start counting votes right now dude.
Why'd you quote me with stuff I never said

Asguardians were cosmic conquerors, I see no reason why Odin would not use his quote "The Tesseract was the jewel of Odin's Treasure Room." in his conquest.
This included the Kree Empire as they fought the Asgardians in the past. So the Kree should be well aware of it's power
Okay but that still doesn't tell me how Odin focused its energy into other weapons or if he poured enough energy into said weapons to surface wipe with one singular shot.

The entire crux of this argument stands on is that we only see a small explosion come from the Hadron Enforcer which time and Time again has been stated to have the ability to destroy moons.
That is just blatant disregarding of statement
Again, it would scale only to Ronan with the Power Stone if nothing else. It can't be used to scale to the other peeps in any way whatsoever. Thanos's unbothered look doesn't mean much here.

Though the Power Stone is a bigger indicator of of a 5-C scaling chain, no one besides Thanos being amped for a couple seconds scales to this and his only feat is easily one shotting Captain Marvel and removing the stone from his body.
Why would Thanos only be amped when he had the Power Stone in his hands? Ronan had it in his hammer and was still empowered by it

Its them saying they cannot get anyone to a safe distance within 30 minutes. A far cry from destroying the surface of a planet.
PHIL COULSON : Campus should be clear in the next half hour.

NICK FURY Do better.

MARIA HILL: Sir, evacuation may be futile.

NICK FURY: We should tell them to go back to sleep?

MARIA HILL: If we can't control the Tesseract's energy, there may not be a minimum safe distance.

Huh? How did you get that?
She outright states the there wont be a Minimum safe distance.
There is no other way to interpret this, she is saying if they don't get the energy under control then it doesn't matter how far away they get

Huh? How did you get that?
She outright states the there wont be a Minimum safe distance.
Because they have a 30 minute window and the explosion that is generated isn't that large.
There is no other way to interpret this
There's no other way you can interpret it, but that doesn't mean you can't take it other ways.
Why would Thanos only be amped when he had the Power Stone in his hands?
Because he has the power stone in the glove and couldn't trigger it without completing an action. Its why he had to take the stone and shove it in his hand and why right after he put it back into the IG.

Okay but that still doesn't tell me how Odin focused its energy into other weapons or if he poured enough energy into said weapons to surface wipe with one singular shot.
The Cube was emitting this energy while being focused in order to create a wormhole, Something the Kree knew about yet still considered Cap. Marvel a better weapon
Again, it would scale only to Ronan with the Power Stone if nothing else. It can't be used to scale to the other peeps in any way whatsoever. Thanos's unbothered look doesn't mean much here.
Okay? Where did I mention anything related to that in that post?

What do you mean you doubt? The entire scene was her making up a story and trying to trick Banner into coming with her to SHIELD. He catches on to this and calls her bluff.

I don't know what you're referencing here. If you mean Captain Marvel then its because we don't see her ever do anything close to moving moons or deorbiting them. Even What If Marvel doesn't do that and she has better feats.
Not really considering this is because of the immense amount of power.

ya so they can get the tesseract back(and get Loki), y’know the super powerful weapon that can cause mass destruction . So yes I doubt she was lying about it’s power.

I was referring to what if carol and using her feats.

The Cube was emitting this energy while being focused in order to create a wormhole, Something the Kree knew about yet still considered Cap. Marvel a better weapon
And why are we assuming that this energy used to create a wormhole now suddenly applies to combat-applicable AP to nuke entire lithospheres of planets (The upper solid portion where the continents and the crust reside) without any prior evidence that it can be pulled off without channeling its power into a weapon?

Okay? Where did I mention anything related to that in that post?
Was referring it to others who didn't get the memo.

Because they have a 30 minute window and the explosion that is generated isn't that large.
That was the residual energy from the tesseracts portal collapsing in on itself. IE Not it's full power
We know that this is not it's full energy because if it was then Nick and Loki and basically everyone would not have escaped the explosion per your own misinterpretation of her statement

And why are we assuming that this energy used to create a wormhole now suddenly applies to combat-applicable AP to nuke entire lithospheres of planets (The upper solid portion where the continents and the crust reside) without any prior evidence that it can be pulled off without channeling its power into a weapon?
Because it is created through energy alone and literally ever weapon ever introduced used the Tesseracts power to fuel it

Not really considering this is because of the immense amount of power.
You have two different quotes. Maria saying they can't get people from PEGASUS to a safe distance within 30 minutes and then Black Widow lying to Banner.

That's not evidence for a High 6-A energy source
ya so they can get the tesseract back(and get Loki), y’know the super powerful weapon that can cause mass destruction . So yes I doubt she was lying about it’s power.
She's lying to Banner to get him to track the Tesseract. Loki's plan was to use it to open a portal and Tesseract weapons have never shown High 6-A levels of power. Its an assumption based on a character who was lying to another character earlier in the movie.
I was referring to what if carol and using her feats.
Current scaling policy hasn't changed. What if Carol isn't Main Universe Carol.
per your own misinterpretation of her statement
Just because I disagree with you doesn't mean I'm misinterpreting anything. If anything I'd say you're the one getting the scene wrong.

Can you explain in your mind why she would say there isn't a Minimum safe distance
Because Nick told Coulson he needed to get them out of there, Coulson said he'd do it in thirty minutes and then right after Maria said that if the Tesseract went critical they couldn't get them far enough away in time.

What she isn't saying is that a Monk in the Himalayans wouldn't be safe if the Tesseract was going to explode. She's saying the people at PEGASUS wouldn't be able to escape its blast radius.

Because Nick told Coulson he needed to get them out of there, Coulson said he'd do it in thirty minutes and then right after Maria said that if the Tesseract went critical they couldn't get them far enough away in time.
Um no, that is not what she said
What she isn't saying is that a Monk in the Himalayans wouldn't be safe if the Tesseract was going to explode. She's saying the people at PEGASUS wouldn't be able to escape its blast radius.
She says "there may not be a minimum safe distance."
The people of PEGASUS don't get brought up anywhere in that statement, so we have no reason to believe this would only apply to them

The people of PEGASUS don't get brought up anywhere in that statement,
Her statement was in response to Nick's previous action. Which is why I was mentioning it. Her statement came right after Nick told Coulson to get people out of the facility. Her quote is talking about how the people Nick is trying to save will not be able to get away if it explodes. She is not saying that every single person on Earth is going to die if it explodes.

You can only get that if you go with Black Widow's statement, which comes from a scene where she is explicitly lying most/the entire time to get Banner to join SHIELD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back