• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU: High 6-A/5-C Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
And regarding Ronan's AP, should it be upgraded to 6-B? If I remember correctly someone shared some scans stating that Ronan with the Power Stone is more powerful than Thanos

No, that’s not at all what Qawsef is saying.
So WoG isn’t cool for new info for a crt but everything else is?

Basically

1. It can't be a leading question just for the sake of battleboarding or to get a personally-motivating answer (It is)

2. It must only be related to clarification on stuff that already exists within the actual source material (It doesn't, since scaling is a one-way street due to the whole "Variants" thing)

3. It CANNOT, IN ANY GOOD CONSCIENCE, CONTRADICT THE SOURCE MATERIAL WHATSOEVER. (Which it does when you go scaling What If to the canon MCU)

1. So I basically have to add unnecessary stuff to my question and not get a direct answer? But GoW stuff is fine?

2. So power lvls weren’t a thing in what if? What dose the term “variants” have to do with there strength?

3. What dose it contradict exactly?

1. So I basically have to add unnecessary stuff to my question and not get a direct answer? But GoW stuff is fine?
GoW Stuff is fine because it uses WoG to clarify shit that already exists within the source material, guidebooks, artbooks and the games themselves and even then I'd argue we don't need the WoG because all of it is within the games themselves, but of course, 2018 wasn't exactly very kind to those revisions and thus we had to use WoG to shut them up. Which kinda didn't make things better for anyone.

So it pretty much depends on a verse-by-verse basis and the nature of the questions asked, and whether the answers to said questions are serious enough and not lore-contradicting to boot.

2. So power lvls weren’t a thing in what if? What dose the term “variants” have to do with there strength?
Same exact dude, same exact power ups, same strength level. In the case of Captain Marvel and her core-busting feat however, that kind of doesn't work because everything post the Nexus event is royally screwed up as per what Qaws said.

3. What dose it contradict exactly?
See my answer to point 2.

Toy statements are the last thing I'd use to support any kind of rating, PERIOD.
The toy isn't the main evidence for 6-B Ronan, but these statements of him being the most powerful being in the universe and planning to destroy Thanos after doing it with Xandar, the toy only confirms that the Power Stone enhances the power of its user

GoW Stuff is fine because it uses WoG to clarify shit that already exists within the source material, guidebooks, artbooks and the games themselves and even then I'd argue we don't need the WoG because all of it is within the games themselves, but of course, 2018 wasn't exactly very kind to those revisions and thus we had to use WoG to shut them up. Which kinda didn't make things better for anyone.

So it pretty much depends on a verse-by-verse basis and the nature of the questions asked, and whether the answers to said questions are serious enough and not lore-contradicting to boot.

Same exact dude, same exact power ups, same strength level. In the case of Captain Marvel and her core-busting feat however, that kind of doesn't work because everything post the Nexus event is royally screwed up as per what Qaws said.

See my answer to point 2.
And asking if variants are equal to there mainline counterparts isn’t clarifying stuff that already exist in the source material?

And I said in response to that

“I mean that’s the point of the nexus events being out of control. First they deviate from the main timeline creating a nexus timeline then it starts to create infinte variations of said nexus timeline. While the main nexus event might have been say tony slept on the wrong side of the bed, there can be other nexus timelines branching off of that with there own variations and still have the same main nexus event.”

“I mean that’s the point of the nexus events being out of control. First they deviate from the main timeline creating a nexus timeline then it starts to create infinte variations of said nexus timeline. While the main nexus event might have been say tony slept on the wrong side of the bed, there can be other nexus timelines branching off of that with there own variations and still have the same main nexus event.”
That’s, um, not an explanation for why Thanos got the stones 3 years earlier, or why Gamora is alive, how how something’s aren’t affected the ways they should be.

And asking if variants are equal to there mainline counterparts isn’t clarifying stuff that already exist in the source material?
That's only part of the equation. Other part of the equation is keeping their past events the exact same to the letter as the canon source.

Like, before Loki teleported himself to a desert his life played out the exact same way from 2011 Thor up until Avengers. That doesn't happen with the "Ultron Won" episode, lots of other minor details are radically cahnged. Like how Thanos got those stones way earlier than expected. Or who he sacrificed to obtain the Soul Stone given that neither Gamora nor Nebula were alive at the time.

And I said in response to that

Problem is, a lot of shit that shouldn't have deviated, have deviated without creating a Nexus event in this timeline.

That's only part of the equation. Other part of the equation is keeping their past events the exact same to the letter as the canon source.

Like, before Loki teleported himself to a desert his life played out the exact same way from 2011 Thor up until Avengers. That doesn't happen with the "Ultron Won" episode, lots of other minor details are radically cahnged. Like how Thanos got those stones way earlier than expected. Or who he sacrificed to obtain the Soul Stone given that neither Gamora nor Nebula were alive at the time.

Problem is, a lot of shit that shouldn't have deviated, have deviated without creating a Nexus event in this timeline.
Ya and as I said this probably a variant of the main nexus event

Thats the whole point of a nexus event, it spans off into infinity with endless variations. So anything can happen.

Okay, I'm going to apply the accepted changes to Rocket and Ronan
Do we consider the Hammer TK attack Ronan used on the GotG, minus Rocket, as separate AP from his Power Stone Hammer attacks (Energy Beam and Touch the Planet)? If so, should a note be placed on Ronan's Profile to explain why it (TK attack) and the GotG don't scale to the Tier 6 value?

I think its just the same ability Thanos used on the GotG that knocked them out. It's just a hax power rather than a AP power.
They seem to be different. The Stone seems to only slightly amp Ronan's Hammer's TK AoE and Range.

@1:48

ronan-ronan-the-accuser.gif

main-qimg-0518243d39bafebccd08d4f4197facf9

Ok, my part in this is finished, I don't know if the other members want to continue arguing. The CRT served its purpose since we indeed have 5-C upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back