• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
This calculation was just accepted by CloverDragon03, which would put Spider-Man and all those scaling to him at 5.57361055 Tons of TNT (High 8-C)

Yes, it's a higher value than what Namor's durability calc got, but that calc seemed lowballed considering it didn't take into account the rock formation that was destroyed. Also, Namor tanked it just fine either way.

This upgrade would still keep Spider-Man level characters below 13 of Electro's calculated values (not counting the absolute peak value calcs), so Electro being superior when he's serious would be preserved.

This fits with Emil Blonsky only getting blown back without notable injury when caught by a sonic cannon blast, which have what seems like a pretty blatant High 8-C statement from The Incredible Hulk novelization (but we currently only use as support for 8-C+ on his profile)

Another thing that should be noted is that the results of this calc are within a 1.17x increase of the midpoint of High 8-C (6.5 tons), so characters that are notably above Spider-Man and super-soldier level characters (probably everyone who is currently 'at least 8-C+') should be able to upscale to High 8-C+ (This would logically also be where Namor would end up too, with his current calc becoming a supporting feat).

I would also argue that Post-Amp Luke Cage and others on his level should be able to upscale to High 8-C+ too, given that the Judas Bullets did no damage to his skin at all.

Last edited:
Aside from the characters mentioned above (and the ones mentioned in the first post), I guess an argument could be made for Corvus Glaive and Gargantos upscaling.

Not sure if any sorcerers could upscale to High 8-C+ with magic.

Maybe Sandman's giant form could be adjusted to 'Large Building level+, up to City Block level with enough sand'?

Maybe Sandman's giant form could be adjusted to 'Large Building level+, up to City Block level with enough sand'?
That implies regular sandman upscales from Spidey, which I disagree with. So just 8-B giant sandman should be fine

That implies regular sandman upscales from Spidey, which I disagree with. So just 8-B giant sandman should be fine
I meant that giant Sandman specifically would range from High 8-C+ to 8-B, as he had access to more sand in No Way Home compared to in the final battle of Spider-Man 3, but was still considerably above Spider-Man in that giant form. Regular Sandman would just be High 8-C

I guess an argument could be made for Corvus Glaive and Gargantos upscaling.
For Glaive

• Cap tackled him off of Vision with no apparent harm

• Cap punched him in the face with his Wakandan Shields with the blades out, and drew blood.

• Cap seems to edge out in Lifting Strength between the two when they were grabbing hold of Glaive's weapon, Cap was slowing pushing Glaive.

• As to why Glaive lost in the first encounter, he got blindsided and outskilled. Which is still evident in his second encounter with Cap, Cap's just more skilled than him.

As for Gargantos

IIRC then he knock out Dr. Strange?

For Glaive

• Cap tackled him off of Vision with no apparent harm

• Cap punched him in the face with his Wakandan Shields with the blades out, and drew blood.

• Cap seems to edge out in Lifting Strength between the two when they were grabbing hold of Glaive's weapon, Cap was slowing pushing Glaive.

• As to why Glaive lost in the first encounter, he got blindsided and outskilled. Which is still evident in his second encounter with Cap, Cap's just more skilled than him.

As for Gargantos

IIRC then he knock out Dr. Strange?
Yes, once Gargantos managed to get one solid hit in, Strange was knocked out for over a minute.

Aside from the characters mentioned above (and the ones mentioned in the first post), I guess an argument could be made for Corvus Glaive and Gargantos upscaling.

Not sure if any sorcerers could upscale to High 8-C+ with magic.

I’d really just keep his giant form at 8-B. No need to fix what isn’t broke

Based High 8-C Spider-Man (too bad it's not City level+ for downscaling Giant Man and War Machine)

I think it makes sense for the "At least 8-C+" characters get bumped to High 8-C+

Is John Walker gonna be "At Least High 8-C" or "High 8-C+"?
Well, I definitely don't think he should upscale to High 8-C+. John was relying pretty heavily on the shield during his fight with Sam and Bucky (especially against Bucky's bionic arm), plus there were only short portions of the fight were John was actively fighting both at once; there were significant portions of the fight where one of the two was incapacitated.

Back