• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She can’t lower her durability? bruh
Do you not know how her powers work? The more energy she's uses the more powerful she becomes. So she doesn't lower her durability but she can increase it.

Carol has no reason to be any different in that episode then mainline her story wasn’t changed at all and she went through the events of the first movie
Doesn't matter. The policy has never changed and we have no idea what her origin or power set is like in that universe. What Ifs can have radically different scaling and powers at times, which is why we don't use them for the most part.

how much could she have been holding back after absorbing Thors lighting? Also She stopped holding back at the end and Thor reaction to it was just I actually felt that one
She was still holding back for the reason she gave. If she went full force she'd crater the planet and the planet wasn't cratered.

That’s just plot lol you can’t have a movie if Thanos closes his fist and kills all the heroes
Plot is it not happening once. Them being stupid is demonstrating they can do it and then never doing it again despite it being advantageous.

Plot is it not happening once. Them being stupid is demonstrating they can do it and then never doing it again despite it being advantageous.
Yes so like I said it’s plot they demonstrated they can do but then don’t do it again because if they did there is no movie which is why it’s not written that way

Doesn't matter. The policy has never changed and we have no idea what her origin or power set is like in that universe. What Ifs can have radically different scaling and powers at times, which is why we don't use them for the most part.
It does matter there is no policy if the characters story isn’t changed then they scale simple as that we do know her origin and power set now your making stuff up she knows nick fury meaning again she went through the events of her first movie and has the same power stone as her main universe as displayed her story wasn’t changed Thors was

She was still holding back for the reason she gave. If she went full force she'd crater the planet and the planet wasn't cratered.
Was she holding back against ultron when she made the tiniest crater ever ? no lol ap isn’t DC she literally stopped holding back at the end because she couldn’t beat him it’s like saying ultron and watcher are weak because they had tons attacks which barley damaged the environment

The problem seems to be that you're failing to understand that PIS =/= Holding back.
I didn't say they were holding back, I was adding to your point about Thanos scaling being bad. His entire character is filled with inherit contradiction with scaling because the stones give him to many powers.
wasn't sure if you were interested here still or not
I'm still interested.
It does matter there is no policy if the characters story isn’t changed then they scale simple as that we do know her origin and power set now your making stuff up she knows nick fury meaning again she went through the events of her first movie and has the same power stone as her main universe her story wasn’t changed Thors was
The last doesn't matter. Ultron's story had zero effect on Thanos but he got the Soul Stone without killing Gamora and he got the Space Stone somehow in 2014. So the changes don't have to be related to the main plot point.

Was she holding back against ultron when she made the tiniest crater ever ?
She smashed him through the entire planet and cracked the core. So your own example disproves your point.

I didn't say they were holding back, I was adding to your point about Thanos scaling being bad. His entire character is filled with inherit contradiction with scaling because the stones give him to many powers.
I'm not referring to you; I'm referring to darkphantom. My bad.

The last doesn't matter. Ultron's story had zero effect on Thanos but he got the Soul Stone without killing Gamora and he got the Space Stone somehow in 2014. So the changes don't have to be related to the main plot point
How thanos got the stones is irrelevant as it doesn’t change his base strength also what proof do you have Gamora wasn’t killed dude ? Carol went trough the events of the first movie we have an explicit wog on them scaling as long as they don’t get something which effects their powers like Ultron gaining the stones or dark strange absorbing tons of demons and learning new spells etc

She smashed him through the entire planet and cracked the core. So your own example disproves your point.
she barley did any damage to the surface and did not creator the entire planet so try again AP isn’t DC like her normal punches must of been a joke since they did little to the environment like ultron and watcher are weak cause they had tons attacks which didn’t obliterate everything around even mainline universe doesn’t have that good dc

Last edited:
Thanos tier characters also wouldn't scale.

Carol's aura used for the Star feat has never been replicated in any material and she wasn't even sure if it was possible. No one other than her should scale to the Low 4-C rating in my view.

We certainly shouldn't be scaling Hulk and Pre-Awakened Thor to that. It utterly shatters the setting power scaling.
What dose her aura have to do with anything? She wasn’t sure because she never register a star before, that dosen’t mean she didn’t have the power before hand.

I literally made a point in the OP not to scale to pre awakened characters

How thanos got the stones is irrelevant also what proof do you have Gamora wasn’t killed dude ?
We see Gamora in the next scene fighting on the GotG2 planet.
explicit wog on them scaling as long as they don’t get something which effects their powers like Ultron gaining the stones or dark strange absorbing tons of demons and learning new spells etc
The only WoG I know of was the one that was rejected because the OP kept asking questions to writers on Twitter for upgrades.
she barley did any damage to the surface and did not creator the planet so try again
I didn't say surface, I said the core of the planet

What dose her aura have to do with anything? She wasn’t sure because she never register a star before, that dosen’t mean she didn’t have the power before hand.

I literally made a point in the OP not to scale to pre awakened characters
I'm saying no one should scale to her. The feat should just be its own Low 4-C rating for her.

I'm saying no one should scale to her. The feat should just be its own Low 4-C rating for her.
Is it her new power that caused her to restart the sun? Like Monica said that Captain Marvel already has that kind of power. Even though she had never shown it before

Is it her new power that caused her to restart the sun?
Its not her new power, but she's never tapped into that power before this point. Its why she's not sure if she's able to do it and why her aura is so massive in size compared to everything else.

Its not her new power, but she's never tapped into that power before this point. Its why she's not sure if she's able to do it and why her aura is so massive in size compared to everything else.
If it were her original power There will probably only be some characters that can be scaled. There are only characters after the awakening. Which includes Thor, Wanda, and Thanos, among other characters. But unrelated characters will remain at the as before

Well unless you got proof of her getting stronger or something,
Her aura is larger than it ever was before, she didn't know if she could do it and she used more power than she's used before. Her rating would be "High 6-A, up to Low 4-C with her full power" or something akin to that.

My mistake, "High 6-B, potentially Low 4-C" since the High 6-A feat is now the Low 4-C feat.

Her aura is larger than it ever was before, she didn't know if she could do it and she used more power than she's used before. Her rating would be "High 6-A, up to Low 4-C with her full power" or something akin to that.
Cool, dosen’t mean anything, she discovered a new way to use her pre-existing strength. Dosen’t mean she didn’t have access to said strength before hand. Dosen’t really matter either way

Cool, dosen’t mean anything,
It does, because her stats are dependent on how much energy she uses for stuff rather than a baseline level of strength. If she uses more energy she'll be stronger, so her using more energy for this feat means no one really scales to this feat.
Dosen’t really matter either way
It does and saying it doesn't a bunch of times doesn't change that.

It does, because her stats are dependent on how much energy she uses for stuff rather than a baseline level of strength. If she uses more energy she'll be stronger, so her using more energy for this feat means no one really scales to this feat.
It seems like there's only Wanda. That can be scaled, because in WandaVision there appears to be some sort of interview and she is listed as the most powerful of all the Avengers, including Captain Marvel

And when was this stated?
It does and saying it doesn't a bunch of times doesn't change that.
While unless you believe she was holding back against thanos for some reason then it doesn’t matter

And when was this stated?
In the original movie
Yon-Rogg: Turn off the light show... and prove to me you can beat me without...
Before he gets blasted he directly states her strength is tied directly to her glowing energy. The more she glows the stronger she would be.
While unless you believe she was holding back against thanos for some reason then it doesn’t matter
Not using her full strength =/= holding back. Her level strength comes from her emotions and her sense of self.

In the original movie

Before he gets blasted he directly states her strength is tied directly to her glowing energy. The more she glows the stronger she would be.
Far enough on her powers being tied to her glow thought it wasn’t stated her lvl of power is tied to how much she glows
Not using her full strength =/= holding back. Her level strength comes from her emotions and her sense of self.
Yes the endangerment of the universe warrants restraint. And when was that shown to affect her power in her interactions with Thanos

Yes the endangerment of the universe warrants restraint.
Its not restraint, its just not her tapping into her full strength. She just didn't access it based on her auras for whatever reason.
And when was that shown to affect her power in her interactions with Thanos
I mean with Thanos you directly see her get brighter and overpower him, only to be defeated when Thanos got directly amped by the stone. So there's more to her total strength that Endgame implied.

Its not restraint, its just not her tapping into her full strength. She just didn't access it based on her auras for whatever reason.
as I said before
she discovered a new way to use her pre-existing strength. Dosen’t mean she didn’t have access to said strength before hand.
I mean with Thanos you directly see her get brighter and overpower him, only to be defeated when Thanos got directly amped by the stone. So there's more to her total strength that Endgame implied.
That is energy absorption as was already discussed in this thread
https://vsbattles.com/threads/mcu-captain-marvel-downgrade.160650/

And as I said beforehand
This isn’t about tapping into some new lvl of strength this is about using said strength in a different way. Punching and blasting stuff is nowhere near the same as reigniting a star
That was made before her movie, so it has to be looked over again.
The movie came out as the thread was still be discussed. The star feat doesn’t change this
If that new way of using her strength is a better feat than anything she ever performed prior, why would that not mean that new way is stronger than anything she’s shown prior.

Because as you said it’s a new way of using her strength. she already had said strength and used it in combat now she’s just using it to reignite stars

This isn’t about tapping into some new lvl of strength this is about using said strength in a different wa
It is. CM is using a UES. The more energy she uses the stronger she gets. Its why her aura increases in size proportional to its usage.
The movie came out as the thread was still be discussed. The star feat doesn’t change this
I think it does, or at least it should be looked at again.

It is. CM is using a UES. The more energy she uses the stronger she gets. It’s why her aura increases in size proportional to its usage.
Her aura size is never stated to related to how much power she uses
I think it does, or at least it should be looked at again.
Not really, it’s man purpose was to prove her use of energy absorption and lack of upscaling on thanos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back