• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Medium Rare Octopus Cow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Intro
So, damage, slayer, and shadow are locking me in the basement forcing me to make this thread, this is a cry for help I’m making this thread so we can actually quantify Gyuki’s durability from tanking his own Bijuudama.

Gyuki Durability
Here’s the calc that measures how much of the yield percentage wise Gyuki took. Now there’s two ends, because Gyuki has two different scaling values for his Bijuudama. Scaling to a third of Nagato’s CT, and the mountain destroying Bijuudama. The reason both were included is because we know a Bijuudama can vary in potency, as they can be charged up. So this thread here is to discuss which end should be used. Tentatively, I’m partial to saying we average the two ends and utilize that for his durability, but I’ll wait and see what others think.

Bijuudama Physicals
Slayer cooked this up for me, and it’s just an imgur file showing and explaining why it’s consistent for the Bijuu physicals to be < Bijuudama as per my calc. I’m including this here for anyone who is confused at why I’m proposing that Gyuki’s durability (and the Bijuudama’s physicals because they get it from his durability) should quantifiable downscale like this.

Conclusion
I’m curious to here people’s thoughts, whether the low-end, high-end, average, or neither should be used for Gyuki’s durability.

High-End:
Average: Tracer, Griffon
Low-End: Damage, Tracer, Griffon
Neither: KT?

Edit
So this is big bad calc stacking. Meaning instead we will just downscale. So the new High End is baseline 6-C+, and the new Low End is baseline 6-C. The majority is in favor of the low end, so rn Gyuki’s durability is being accepted as 4.3 GT.

Last edited:
Intro
So, damage, slayer, and shadow are locking me in the basement forcing me to make this thread, this is a cry for help
cover31.jpg

Very well put together.

My reason for currently favoring the low end is that we don't have an explicit connection in the level of power between the Biju Bomb that 8-Tails tanked and the charged Biju Bombs that the earlier Tailed Beasts created, I think the better end to use would be the earlier uncharged Biju Bomb that 8-Tails fired off at the Chibaku Tensei, which has been scaled to 15.5 Gigatons. 8-Tails had no time to properly charge up his Biju Bomb here - preping it and firing it as soon as he emerges from Kakashi's Kamui - unlike the earlier Tailed Beasts who had plenty of time facing off against Kakashi and Guy to charge up their Biju Bombs.

I may be in favor of the average end though if more staff members think that option is acceptable.

But yeah, uhh, I obviously agree.

As for which end, it's this one OBVIOUSLY, I guess I don't care too much, but I'll try to explain the context for both versions as best as I can and I'll let ya'll decide.
So for the 64 GT feat, the reason why people are saying it's charged up is because while the Bijuu are forming them Kakashi, Guy, and Gyuki had a whole ass conversation. This is even more pronounced in the anime. The balls themselves are also rather larger than normal. I'm not coming to any conclusions with this one, just explaining the argument.

As for the other feat, Bee just formed a Bijuu dama extremely quickly and fires it immediately because of how dire the situation is. Itachi directs them to hurry with their attacks, and they do so. It's really straight forward.

Last edited:
Hmmmm well to me it looks like he came out of the Kamui with the Bijuu already in his mouth, so he could have been charging it in Kamui. However, we don't know for certain if he formed it immediately upon exiting or charged it in the Kamui a bit, so I think I'd still argue that the average is best as it captures both possibilities, which don't appear to be more likely than the other.

Hmmmm well to me it looks like he came out of the Kamui with the Bijuu already in his mouth, so he could have been charging it in Kamui. However, we don't know for certain if he formed it immediately upon exiting or charged it in the Kamui a bit, so I think I'd still argue that the average is best as it captures both possibilities, which don't appear to be more likely than the other.
For what it is worth, the anime shows that the 8-Tails doesn't start prepping the Biju Bomb till after he's emerged from the Kamui.

I think low end is too much of a lowball since it's not like Bee scales flat to one third of CT, their attacks completely obliterated the CT with no apparent difficulty. I'm more partial to high end, but average would also work.

Edit: Nvm my memory failed me the sizes are not that different. Would still be weird for Bee to not try to charge up the Bijuudama at least a little against someone as strong as the Juubi

I feel like since the manga does not provide enough context to clear this up, then using the anime may not be a bad idea.

Would still be weird for Bee to not try to charge up the Bijuudama at least a little against someone as strong as the Juubi
Not that weird as both Kurama and Gyuki tried firing a barrage of uncharged Biju Bombs moments earlier at the Juubi, and in this case what the 8-Tails was targetting was a comparative weak spot as he was aiming for its eyeball.

Not that weird as both Kurama and Gyuki tried firing a barrage of uncharged Biju Bombs moments earlier at the Juubi, and in this case what the 8-Tails was targetting was a comparative weak spot as he was aiming for its eyeball.
Eh but like you said that's a barrage, not just a single attack. And sure but it'd still be more beneficial to use a stronger attack as a safety measure

Eh but like you said that's a barrage, not just a single attack. And sure but it'd still be more beneficial to use a stronger attack as a safety measure
If he'd had all the time in the world, I'm sure he would have done that, yeah.

This isn't calc stacking?
I think this case is safe enough. Technically all versions of calcing someone's durability from surface area falls under "calc stacking" but this is generally okay, I believe. Because it'd be more wrong to say that a character took all of an attack when they did not.

If he'd had all the time in the world, I'm sure he would have done that, yeah.

I think this case is safe enough. Technically all versions of calcing someone's durability from surface area falls under "calc stacking" but this is generally okay, I believe.
Yeah but that's usually "this feat happened and they were there during the feat"

This is calcing a bijuudama from one instance, then finding its durability from a completely unrelated instance

Idk if it's solid

Yeah but that's usually "this feat happened and they were there during the feat"

This is calcing a bijuudama from one instance, then finding its durability from a completely unrelated instance

Idk if it's solid
I wouldn't do it between two completely unrelated jutsu, but this is virtually the same attack I'd say.

I wouldn't do it between two completely unrelated jutsu, but this is virtually the same attack I'd say.
That's not what I mean

I'm saying that usually calcing a feat for a technique then using a difference of that technique being shown for durability of a character would be calc stacking

That's not what I mean

I'm saying that usually calcing a feat for a technique then using a difference of that technique being shown for durability of a character would be calc stacking
I wouldn't say it's ideal yeah, but I can't think of a good alternative here. This option feels like the lesser of two evils.

To give a comparison; if someone calcs the destructive value of a missile, and then the same type of missile is used against a character and we calc their durability based on that, I'd say that isn't too bad compared to other cases of calc stacking.

I’m personally more partial to the average. There’s evidence for both ends to be viable but nothing definitive on either side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back