• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Metal Bat Vs Tanktop Master Vs Sweet Mask

Greetings, this is a rather small CRT, focused on the three good heroes on the title

A few days ago, a new OPM revision was made and most of its topics were accepted, including adding a Possibly At least High 7-C key for Sweet Mask, based on the fact of Fubuki stating that Saitama would lose to the A Class hero, and while she's obviously wrong, she had just witnessed Saitama defeat Post DSK Sonic, who was fighting Post G4 Genos in a very competitive fight. This, however, wasn't enough to give him a solid tier, and that's understandable, but I was listening to the Audio Books and a interesting surprise appeared, being that Sweet Mask, Metal Bat and Tanktop Master all had a small Battle Royale that ended in a draw. This basically leaves them at comparable level with Tanktop Master being Low 7-B. For SW, this absolutely makes sense as we already scale him at likely higher than Sonic and Genos (High 7-Cs at that time), and his 8-A scaling to Iaian is just lack of a better option, Tanktop Master is well, already Low 7-B, and Metal Bat's base form is just scaled higher than High 7-C Genos, so him being Low 7-B in base shouldn't have any contradictions, or if we consider him here as Pumped Up, then he's also already Low 7-B

The motives of said fight were also solid to show none of them was holding back, Metal Bat was basically on self defense, Tanktop Master was pissed and wanting to avenge his friends TT Black Hole and TT Tiger, and Sweet Mask wanted to actively punish them all

The only thing, like I pointed, that I don't know exactly is what version of Metal Bat was fighting here, base or pumped up ? I'm actually neutral on this and I'll leave it to discussion

The Audio Book

So their AP section should look like:

Sweet Mask:

Attack Potency: Small City level (Has consistently been stated and regarded as someone on S-Class level. Stated by Fubuki, someone who is relatively knowledgeable on Heroes, to be stronger than Saitama, even though she saw him defeat Speed-o'-Sound Sonic. Fought Metal Bat and Tanktop Master to a draw)

I also want to add tabs for his renders, as Sweet Mask always changes his appearance and every profile in the wiki usually portrays multiple versions of the characters with their renders, so the current one will be the "Monster Association Arc" and this one for "Dark Matter Thieves" arc

Metal Bat:

Attack Potency: At least Large Town level (Did better against Carnage Kabuto than an upgraded Genos in the VGS, but ultimately stood zero chance in this state), up to Small City level with Fighting Spirit (After obtaining Fighting Spirit he one-shot Senior Centipede. Confirmed by ONE that his claims of being able to take on a Dragon level threat to be no mere boast. It is unknown whether Fighting Spirit has an upper limit to its growth, and if so where it peaks out at. Was implied to be able to incapacitate Human Garou with one blow. Fough Tanktop Master and Sweet Mask to a draw)

Or

Attack Potency: Small City level (Fough Tanktop Master and Sweet Mask to a draw, did better against Carnage Kabuto than an upgraded Genos in the VGS, but ultimately stood zero chance in this state), higher with Fighting Spirit (After obtaining Fighting Spirit he one-shot Senior Centipede. Confirmed by ONE that his claims of being able to take on a Dragon level threat to be no mere boast. It is unknown whether Fighting Spirit has an upper limit to its growth, and if so where it peaks out at. Was implied to be able to incapacitate Human Garou with one blow)

Tanktop Master:

Attack Potency: Small City level (Stated by Garou to be on par with Post-Superfight Genos, fought Metal Bat and Sweet Mask to a draw)

This, maybe, also changes some things for Fuhrer Ugly as he literally completely destroyed both of these heroes, so maybe a "At least Low 7-B, likely higher" for him could also be an option

Seems pretty straightforward to me, I also agree. And the second option for Metal Bat would be better, afaik, there’s no reason to assume that he was using Fighting Spirit during that fight.

I agree and like this quite a bit.

It's also consistent with TTM's performance against Gums.

Edit: These are parallel universes. So I don't agree.
But I guess the scaling is the same ? They all have similar roles (Like Amai Mask being school staff and S Class still being S Class) and there the same Threat levels around (Demons and Dragons), the real difference is being well, school instead of HA, they also keep their powers and tech

Also still done by One

Unless it's really 1:1 or they're confirmed to be on the exact same level, we shouldn't use it. It's not even confirmed that they're all equally strong compared to their counterparts.

That doesn't matter. If anything, it might even show that the scaling chain is different with Murata's manga.

On this note, there's a feat of a fodder power suit making Pig God bleed, which would elevate Sweet Mask to low Dragon tier, but it's probably an outlier because they were curbstomped by G4. Maybe you could do something with this.

I don't really agree because it puts the disciples above early Genos. The disciples and higher A-Class are on S-Class level, but there's nothing for them being on that level, and they're at a disadvantage against Dragon levels.

Unless it's really 1:1 or they're confirmed to be on the exact same level, we shouldn't use it. It's not even confirmed that they're all equally strong.
As far as I know, it is 1:1, the literall only difference is School instead of HA. By no means I want to pull a reverse burden of proof here, but it's a bit of a strecht to expect a audio drama absolutely state they as equally powerful when nothing there implies anything different, instead they even say they retain their powers, again showing the difference being the Environment but not overall scaling

Also like u said, it really fits the manga scaling

That doesn't matter. If anything, it might even show that the scaling chain is different with Murata's manga.
However the other audio dramas are also under One (And are used), and he still has the lead on story, I don't see this being something against the proposed scaling when it's the author + it's something already used for the other audios

I don't really agree because it puts the disciples above early Genos. The disciples and higher A-Class are on S-Class level, but there's nothing for them being on that level, and they're at a disadvantage against Dragon levels.
Yeah I agree disciples being that strong is iffy

What about "At least Low 7-B, likely Higher" for Base Fuhrer Ugly and AM's renders, can I add ?

Gums doesn’t scale above it by that much, and Pig God already downscales from him (Gums has an ‘At least’ while Pig God doesn’t)
He downscales from a dragon level threat, who scale massively above threat level demon. I don't think you can get to one level to another by upscaling or downscaling. Plus threat level dragons are described to be on a whole other level to demons. And that would also mean that G4, a demon, would be on the level of Pig God, which is just wrong.

I don't really think it's a stretch because there's tons of Japanese media with parallel media. NNT is a good example of this, and the scaling/power in their parallel universes are different. Nothing even remotely implies they're similar. Mind you, I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just saying there's not enough evidence for the purposes of this wiki.

I don't get how that changes what I said.

Ok on the renders. I'll see what everyone else thinks about that bit of scaling.

@Emirp While I don't entirely agree with the feat, Gums isn't that far above Demon levels. If he was, he would have effortlessly defeated TTM. It's more likely that Garou, Bug God and Royal Ripper are very, very powerful amongst Demons, which makes sense when someone like DSK is kind of mid-tier. And G5 (I accidentally said G4, sorry) was very confident in at least fighting RR.

Still, it creates some whack scaling and I probably shouldn't have brought this up.

Last edited:
Tbh, I strongly doubt Fuhrer Ugly wasn't already something like Dragon level when he attacked Sweet Mask.

From what we've seen of the data and Cadre stuff, everything refers to Fuhrer Ugly's diminutive form, and it also appears that his strength boosts are permanent. For example, he doesn't decrease in size or strength after beating two S-Class heroes and brutalizing Tatsumaki.

So does that mean anything in terms of scaling? We ditched scaling Amai Mask to Fuhrer as Fuhrer was likely toying with Amai

I don't really think it's a stretch because there's tons of Japanese media with parallel media. NNT is a good example of this, and the scaling/power in their parallel universes are different. Nothing even remotely implies they're similar. Mind you, I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just saying there's not enough evidence for the purposes of this wiki.
Well, I do agree that many of them have different scaling, but like I said, this case has (as it always comes to case by case), even by a few, reasons to believe it keeps the scaling. The only real stated change is the environment/setting, while they keep their powers and the threats levels are still the very same (And they are related to danger to whole cities and stuff), with no fight contradicting the main canon scaling and even being helpful to better explain some cases, like u said

I don't mind not being truly solid, but a Possibly or Likely, with a note regarding the audio drama, could work

Let's wait for more input then

So does that mean anything in terms of scaling? We ditched scaling Amai Mask to Fuhrer as Fuhrer was likely toying with Amai
Wasn't him bleeding from his strikes ? He only completely destroyed him after one power up

I still don't think it's enough evidence. You might want to ask some staff here, preferably ones that won't just side with Admins.

@Emirp If we got rid of it, then NVM. Although, I wouldn't say this means he was holding back that much, especially since he was very intent on beating the christ out of him.

Yeah, he didn't seemed to be the type of holding back for such a long time and not kill a hero when he apparently could at anytime

@ByAsura on it, I'll wait for the others here aswell

Last edited:
Didn't read everything. If I say something that has already been said, let me know.

If we say Base Metal Bat is equal to TTM and SM, then we must scale Senior Centipede, Hero Hunter Garou and some other characters to that level as well.

Pig God has alread been damaged by characters much weaker than him, like Eyesight. Also, G5 didn't stomp the mercenaries because the true power of the suits were not activated when they got captured.

Didn't read everything. If I say something that has already been said, let me know.

If we say Base Metal Bat is equal to TTM and SM, then we must scale Senior Centipede, Hero Hunter Garou and some other characters to that level as well.

Pig God has alread been damaged by characters much weaker than him, like Eyesight. Also, G5 didn't stomp the mercenaries because the true power of the suits were not activated when they got captured.
What we must decide now is if the High School Audio Books keep the scaling of the manga, me and ByAsura already posted our reasons above

And yeah if the scaling gets accepted Senior Centipede is getting a small upgrade

He was damaged by her fangs, and even that's very questionable. Piercing damage is common in OPM, and Pig God is no glass cannon based on his fight with Gums. Also, you imply there's more but I can't find or remember any other instances. If that's the case, which other far weaker characters have harmed him?

What do you mean by "true power"? Do you mean they weren't using the hulked out mode, or just hadn't activated the suit at all? If you mean the latter, this guy also wasn't using his hulked out mode against Pig God.

Last edited:
He was damaged by her fangs, and even that's very questionable. Piercing damage is common in OPM, and Pig God is no glass cannon based on his fight with Gums. Also, you imply there's more but I can't find or remember any other instances. If that's the case, which other far weaker characters have harmed him?

What do you mean by "true power"? Do you mean they weren't using the hulked out mode, or just hadn't activated the suit at all? If you mean the latter, this guy also wasn't using his hulked out mode against Pig God.
I can't find more evidence, but Eyesight did damage him, even if it is piercing damage.

By true power I mean that when they got captured their suit was still white while later they turn into black.

Ooookay if nobody wants to talk about the Audio Books scaling, this thread can be closed @ByAsura, I'm droping my case here as what was accepted is already on SM's profile

Last edited:
Ooookay if nobody wants to talk about the Audio Books scaling, this thread can be closed @ByAsura, I'm droping my case here as what was accepted is already on SM's profile
I agree with the audio book scaling, it is consistent with Base Metal Bat lasting longer than G4 Genos against CK. I'm too lazy to elaborate more.

Just wait a little. We'll get some people, but a few of the OPM regulars were banned/have become inactive.
I can't find more evidence, but Eyesight did damage him, even if it is piercing damage.

By true power I mean that when they got captured their suit was still white while later they turn into black.
Wonder Woman can be harmed by bullets. Pig God has withstood hits from Gums, so I think it's fairly obvious that it's just fiction bs.

Do you have evidence that the white is anything more than a covering?

Back