• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Metal Gear Rising Raiden Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
It came to my attention that Raiden's Ripper Mode is 7-C via this calc's multiplier. The problem is this multiplier was made by comparing how many slashes it took to kill the fodder in comparison to Blade Mode. This is the use of Gameplay Mechanics, and this might not be a valid multiplier then.

The calc even shows this:

Most common fodder - 7 normal slashes, 1 Ripper slash.
Hammer bros - 12 normal slashes, 2 Ripper slashes,
Gekko - 16 normal slashes, 2 Ripper slashes.

As you can see, the numbers here are inconsistent.

Most common fodder - 7 normal slashes, 1 Ripper slash. x7
Hammer bros - 12 normal slashes, 2 Ripper slashes, x6
Gekko - 16 normal slashes, 2 Ripper slashes. x8

If it was a strict multiplier, then the difference between all the enemies would be the same, and not varying like this. The person who calc'd this chose x7 because it's the middle end I guess.

I propose we downgrade RM Raiden and those who scale to him simply Low 7-C.

Thoughts?

Well, i also thought about this since i had scaling problems.

The at least Low 7-C supposedly comes from this, through i'm not complety sure. Raiden might keep higher with Blade and Ripper Mode.

Another thing, does it also affect the speed?.

Low 7-C is fine, 7-C is what needs to go.

At least Low 7-C, higher with Ripper Mode for Raiden and everyone who scales to him is fine.

I don't think speed's affected, MHS+ is missle hopping which is Raiden's base speed so that's fine, Blade Mode is Sub-Rel because it states it slows down time for Raiden to 10%, but I'm not sure.

I have checked that the Excelsius feats were calced as 1,15-1,29 Kilotons, so its low grade Low 7-C, so no at least.

I noticed that Armstong profile mentions that he overpowered Raiden Ripper Mode, that is not accurate since Raiden only used it [and allowed him to fight] in the final Phase of the Armstrong fight, Sam Ignoring Dura Blade allowed Raiden to stab through Armstrong hardened body.

It's not a ap upgrade since if Armstrong was 2x stronger than Base Raiden, he would be still be Low 7-C, it's just a justification change:

Ap: Overpowered Raide, and fought him in Ripper Mode.

Dura: Barely affected by Raiden's HF Blade, even when he used Blade Mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back