• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Metroid V: Dread(ing the future for the franchise)

I don’t think it should, Samus isn’t absorbing any energy into her because the transfer module is doing all the work (there’s a quote from U-Mos saying they made the module specifically to collect the energy), and there’s no evidence that the Emperor absorbed and could output all the energy he had access to because you cut off his connection to it while he’s siphoning.

Uh no, the Energy Transfer Module is specially the power up used to amplify the attacks of Dark Suit Samus and Light Suit Samus; though stronger in Light Suit Samus Aran's case. And it was her casual attack that transmuted the entire planet into pure energy with ease and she released it all out to stabilize Light Aether after escaping. And it would still scale to Dark Samus since she has survived multiple rounds from the Annilhater Beam and Sonic Boom.

Before you arrived, the Ing had stolen a device from us... one that collects planetary energy. With it, they have weakened our planet to the verge of collapse.”

I’m pretty sure the module is what allows Samus to take in and transfer the energy, not herself. And, I’m pretty sure all she did was transfer that energy back to the energy controller after escaping, like she did in the rest of the game.

Yes, it's the Energy Module that that grants her the ability of Mass-Energy Conversion, but it's just like any other internal power up aka Super Missiles, Arm Cannon, Misc. But even so, the Energy Module is also still one of the many power ups that gets much stronger when her suit gets a stronger power up; the mass-energy conversion is limited when she only has the Dark Suit, but likewise the potency of the mass-energy conversion ability is greatly amplified to the point where she can do so with the entire planet of Dark Aether simply as soon as she got the Light Suit Power Up. So that alone is still a detail that it is still her Power Suit that is effecting the potency of the module.

Uh, no.
I’m pretty sure it’s just, the module that was specifically designed to collect planetary energy holding that energy within itself. It’s not like when Samus returns the energy it appears any differently from how it looked inside Dark Aether, there’s no mass energy conversion going on. It’s taking the energy into the module, and then taking it from the module into the controller. Just because it goes inside her doesn’t mean it’s a stat amp or a power-up. Saying the module is granting the power of mass energy conversion is saying things that aren’t said by the game, while the game is saying “this module was built to collect the energy”, not “this module grants the user the power to absorb energy into themselves”

You pulled this exact same argumentation in your CRT and it didn't get you anywhere, how about you bring examples or actual scans that she's not being powered by the light of Aether itself? Because for all intents and purposes she's being amped by a far larger energy source than what Dark Aether has at this point in time given they only have one energy source left, and that alone is enough to sustain the entire dimension. Samus has far more than one energy source with the other controllers being powered by the light as well.

Idk why I need to prove that she wasn’t amped by the full light of Aether, that seems more something the other side has to prove. Considering that Dark Aether immediately started crumbling when it’s full energy was taken (which likely would apply to Light Aether), and that being energized by something doesn’t have to mean that it’s full power is used by the target at all times. My point was never she wasn’t amped by it, my point was there’s no proof she’s being amped by the full amount rather than just a portion. And well, at that point Light and Dark Aether have the exact same energy amount, because Samus recovered all the energy stolen from Light Aether.

You're the one making the claim she's not being amped. You need to prove that she's not being amped when I already gave you evidence of the contrary. Also complete bullshit they didn't have the same energy amount, prove they have the same energy amount right now.

When did I ever say she wasn’t being amped? I said it was an amp multiple times, what I’m saying is there’s no evidence she was amped by the full amount available at the time, just because she was energized by it doesn’t mean all of it went into the suit.

In the Sky Temple lore: “We learned that the ruler of the Ing dwelled in a place dubbed the "Sky Temple" by our forces. This place held the planetary energy of Dark Aether as well.”

It says it holds “the” planetary energy, not a portion of it. The Final Crusade lore also points out how the Sky Temple contained their missing energy, and this was before the Ing had stolen the energy from the light sub controllers.

Same with the normal Aether's version of the sky temple where they had one energy source left before Samus showed up. That doesn't mean the energy they had is equal. Especially at the endgame when Samus stole most of their energy sources. And again, that one ball is enough to sustain the dimension, the light Aether has far more energy, and Samus is amped by the larger source of energy, she would be amped by a far stronger source so she scales regardless.

That’s not how it works.

If you pull energy from a 10,000,000 Watt source, that doesn’t automatically mean that you can output more energy on average than another source with a max energy of 1 million watts. Unless there’s a source saying that Samus was amped by the full energy currently in Light Aether, being amped by a stronger source doesn’t mean a lot on its own if it’s still an external source, and we have evidence that taking the full energy of either half will immediately cause it to collapse.

Answer the question, why the **** would she not be amped by the full light of Aether when they're in a do or die situation? It wouldn't make any sense for the Luminoth to give her as much energy as possible when giving her the light suit when the fate of their entire race and planet is on the line.

Well, they also have to consider the possibility that the Ing could launch an attack while Samus is away, and take over the temple. And they have to keep enough energy to sustain their planet.

No they blatantly say they're strengthening their forces in the final area, every single time Samus tries to take their energy source they fortify their defenses in those areas to stop her, there's no reason for them to not do the same thing on the final energy source they have left.

Well, when the energy is restored to a controller, it changes the environment while the energy is in that controller.
If all the energy but the bare essentials is taken and put into the light suit, then wouldn’t the environment change back, because the energy is no longer in the controller?

Why the heck is this topic being necro'd, Glassman is right. She literally absorbs it into herself as evident that her body glows from having it stored and she released it to stabilize Light Aether. It's so painfully obvious. Not only that, Energy Transfer Module was never really that advanced as a stand alone tool; the energy conversion is slower normally. It's only when the Light Suit Power up is with it to amp it is when it can absorb planetary energy in an instant.

@DarkDragonMedeus Since when? They specifically say the module was created to collect the energy, and I’m pretty sure the Luminoth didn’t go to the Sky Temple with light suits equipped, nor the Dark Alpha Splinter who had the module first. I also don’t get how having it in her suit means that the suit now has that ability naturally, it could still be flowing into the transfer module specifically, since the module is classed as a unique item even after it’s absorbed. I think the “painfully obvious” part is how the module lets you “transfer” the “energy” between the controllers and the module as a conduit. And I don’t think the module really changed at all, it was capable of absorbing energy in the hands of a generic Ing, and it absorbed energy in Samus’s hands too.

@JJSliderman prove it cause I barely see any change in the environment for light aether.

I’m just going off the wiki, although given that the sky changes in Dark Aether when you take the energy; I’m willing to believe it’s the same for Light Aether.

Edit: Yeah the sky becomes lighter and less clouded.

Last edited:
We kind of do have evidence, when Dark Aether lost its energy the sky turned crimson. And if Aether is it’s parallel, the same idea should apply to it.

And yet the dimension is still sustaining with one energy ball left, where as Aether has multiple, and Samus is amped by them all with the light suit, again, far more energy she's granted here than Dark Aether. If you can't remotely try to give an actual argument beyond headcanon on what she has or doesn't have then this is a waste of time.

Honestly the light suit thing is probably the only solid argument for scaling to LoA, the argument involving Emperor Ing’s absorption or the transfer module seem pretty bunk.

And even then you can argue the suit only needed enough energy to protect Samus from Dark Aether’s atmosphere, since the stability of Aether stays the same before and after the suit acquisition.

But Ig circling back around, I do wanna be sure on whether Dark Samus surviving DA’s collapse is a durability or regen feat.

Nothing ground breaking, but here's a feat from Metroid Dread's prologue you can state/show for Samus' speed and reaction time. When Samus first encounters Raven Beak, he shoots his Hyper Beam at Samus while she's about half way across the bridge so Samus and Raven aren't that far apart.. She is able to react to the beam firing, runs toward it, and is able to slide under it.

This is an example of a feat you can state and is very blatant just by showing footage from the game or my gif. Would be easier and quicker to accept than saying something like "Samus scales to Ridley who is faster than Samus' ship." It's also a way to tell very quickly that Samus' speed and reaction time are FTL+ minimum (Raven Beak's Hyper Beam is the kind of laser beam that has no travel time so I would assume it's of the light speed variety of laser beams).

Last edited:
We would need a lot more proof to say a laser feat is legitimate, unfortunately. Though quite a cool gif.

Alright so I decided to finish all the Samus profiles today so I can finally get that out of the way.

If possible, does anyone have good renders of the following?:
  • Power Suit=
    • Samus Returns=
    • Super Metroid=
    • Metroid Prime=
    • Metroid Other M=
    • Metroid Fusion=
    • Metroid Dread=
  • Varia Suit=
    • Metroid Fusion=
    • Metroid Dread=
  • Gravity Suit=
    • Super Metroid=
    • Metroid Fusion=
    • Metroid Dread=
  • Omega / Unnamed Suit=
  • Metroid Suit=

Finished with Zero Mission and Legendary pages, just need the images. I'll start working on Dread / Fusion. What do we call it? Post-Fusion?

Those are some pretty good renders; is everyone alright with those or would you guys like different poses per suit?

Btw, what abilities do we consider the Fusion / Dread Suit to have from the Legendary Suit? It's stated quite a lot that these suits are like rump states of the Legendary Suit, but I would assume they at least still have the basic abilities from the original suit in Zero Mission, no?

Back