• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MFTL+ feat for ygo DM, GX (via powerscaling) and 5D's (via powerscaling)?

Hello everyone. Someone told me about something that happened during DSOD (dark sides of dimension). Deep-eyes White dragon crossed stellar distances to join Earth as he was summoned by Kaiba during the duel's 8th turn (Kaiba's 4th turn). It is possible to see that feat here: (normally it sends you directly at the good moment. But if it doesn't it's at 2 min 35). If that feat counts, Then the following monsters should be affected by this update:

Blue-eyes monsters such as blue eyes white dragon or blue-es ultimate dragon for example as they should be comparable to deep eyes
Dark magician monsters, DMG and some magician girls (via powerscaling from blue-eyes monsters)
Exodia (since he is superior to blue-eyes monsters)
Egyptian gods (since they're the most powerful monsters in DM)
Horakhty (as this monster is a fusion between the 3 egyptian gods)
the three sacred beasts (they have the same level as egyptian gods since they're dark counterparts of them: in the original version the 3 egyptian gods are named "sangenshin" while sacred beasts are named "sangenmas" (so we have the 3 gods on one side and the 3 demons that look like them on the other side). This was mentioned by Jim Cook (during season 3 before the duel against the person that was posessed by Yubel in the desert dimension) in the original version and unnlike 4kids' version, in this version everyone is knowledgeable about those monsters because even the random dude from ep 43 (Mitsuo or "Pierre the gambler in 4kids' version) who dueled against Asuka/Alexis knew about the sacred beasts and the battle for their possession)
Chaos Phantasm armityle (since this monster is a fusion of the 3 sacred beasts)
Rainbow dragon (by powerscaling to the three sacred beasts), rainbow dark dragon (shouldn't be weaker than rainbow dragon), malefic rainbow dragon, rainbow neos (fusion between neos and rainbow dragon)
Yubel (she's superior to the 3 sacred beasts even when she possesses a human body)
malefic blue-eyes white dragon
Stardust dragon and his evolutions (since Yusei battled paradox's malefic monsters with Yugi and Jaden. And among them: malefic blue eyes white dragon and malefic rainbow dragon)
Potentially other signer dragons and their evolutions (if they have some)
Potentially immortal earthbound (jibakushins) monsters

And a few more (emperor mechlords or accel synchro monsters but that's debatable).

What do you think of this? If that's accepted, how fast do you think this is exactly?

What kind of feat again? Sorry I forgot. And think it may be scaled to Yubel (poor Yubel is still MH+ in term of speed which is slow for 2-C)

Also While I watched gx eps again I forgot something to Yubel's list of powers: fire manipulation (gallery here) https://www.imagebam.com/view/GAQ15

and since it involves rainbow neos, do you think that since the fire she uses has death manipulation abilities (if you're touched by it you die since this fire is triggered by her effect) and can kill duel monster spirits does it mean it can also somewhat destroy also souls and minds?

it's on neos's profile
fire manip is fine
spirits attack the mind and soul anyways so yeah

Thanks! Think I may update characters like Yubel or the sacred beasts in term of speed since they should normally be superior to Neos)
Thanks! I'll update her profile soon to involve that ^^

Also now that I think about it we should add a profile to rainbow dragon and rainbow dark dragon

Same goes for armythile (he also deserves a profile): he needs a profile. I'd make one myself but NGL my skills suck when it comes to that: modifying already existing stuff isn't difficult but I'm not good when it comes to include pics and organize pages that aren't created already

Thanks a lot! And don't worry, I can take care of already existing profile like the beasts and Yubel. Think I should update profile like exodia and the egyptian gods in term of speed? (via powerscaling to Neos)

should fine be we need more input
Upgraded Yubel's profile with fire manip and speed. Also I calculated something. The neos speed feat is actually at least (low ball) 19 Billions of times FTL:

the light of destruction used a beam of light that barely did 30 meters and was intercepted by Elemental hero Neos Dolphina. Since light can cross 299 792 458 m/s but barely did 30 meters then the feat happened in 0.0000001s. So we have Neos who flew from Jupiter to Earth and intercepted a beam of light that was fired on planet Earth in 0.0000001s (one ten millionth of a second). The minimal, average and maximal Earth-Jupiter distances are respectively, 591 000 000 000 m, 778 000 000 000 m and 965 000 000 000 m. Meaning Neos is:
If the distance was minimal then Neos is 19 billions of times FTL
26 billions of times if it's average
and 32 billions if it's maximal

Since the light needs at 1971s, 2595s or 3219s to cover the Earth-Jupiter distance (depending if the distance is minimal, average or max).

im not a calc guy so you should contact some calc members also the planet neo space is in is io aqua dolphin stated that in the ep iirc you should also link the feat so that the calc members can evaluate it

Do you think I should post a thread in the calc section or contact someone you have in mind? (if yes, who?)

I took screenshots of the feat. Some of those pics are here so people can have an idea of the size of the room, the size of the statue (I took screenshots of keys and Edo/Aster in the statue's hands for people to evaluate the size of the statue). Anyway if Neos starts to move when the beam of light is fired (there's 30 meters more or less for it to reach the statue's right hand) then he flew from around Jupiter to the earth so fast the light barely did 30 meters but if he starts to move when it's closer it might be even less than that (3 meters) if he starts at that moment: https://www.imagebam.com/view/ME1LSKO

Anyway all screenshots are here: https://www.imagebam.com/view/GATK5 (the order is reversed: the oens at the bottom are the first ones). Think they're good enough?

no im asking you to ask them to check the the calc
Oh ok sorry I missread, I thought you said "I asked them, no need for a thread" ^^. Anyway yeah I'll try to check among members if there's someone who may tell me if the calc is okay.

Oh ok sorry I missread, I thought you said "I asked them, no need for a thread" ^^. Anyway yeah I'll try to check among members if there's someone who may tell me if the calc is okay.
yeah i'll contact some you should also redo the calc since neos moved from io to earth not from jupiter
and Io is closer than jupiter

Thanks for telling me. Ok I'll treat the distance as 628 300 000 000 m then.

Also the feat is most likely even greater than I thought because Neos doesn't react when the light is fired (that is to say 30 meters away from the statue's right hand). But when it's very close to it's goal (barely 5 or 6 meters away at most).

That's the last frame before Neos reacts https://images4.imagebam.com/90/40/99/ME1LSKO_o.png

And this is Neos reacting just after that https://images4.imagebam.com/c0/0f/fa/ME1LSKT_o.png

So yeah there's more like 5 or 6 meters at most (hands are big enough to contain a human body).

Alright so with new calcs we have:

Light crossed 6 meters before it was stopped by Neos who flew from Io to earth to stop it. If the light did barely 6 meters (perhaps even 5 because it didn't reach the hand but was close to it) therefore the feat happened in 0.00000002s. So Neos reacted to a beam of ligth fired on Earth in that time frame and stopped it by flying from IO at a speed that is 104 716 666 667 times (104 billions) FTL since light needs 2096 s to reach Io from Earth while Neos needed barely 0.00000002s (two 100 millionth of a second).

Also who do you think I should contact? IDK who're famous calc related members.

Edit: for future calculation group members who read this, You can see all screenshots related to that feat here (the first pics are the one from the bottom and conversely the last ones are the ones at the top of this gallery) https://www.imagebam.com/view/GATK5 T

hank you in advance for your participation.

Last edited:
A better formula for calculating the movement speed of something in this case is Distance Moved by X * Speed of Y / Distance Moved by Y = Speed of X, in this case X is light I think. Shouldn't be any different but it'll be smoother

A better formula for calculating the movement speed of something in this case is Distance Moved by X * Speed of Y / Distance Moved by Y = Speed of X, in this case X is light I think. Shouldn't be any different but it'll be smoother
Thanks for your reply.

Alright so with this more simple method we have :

Light who crossed 6 meters
Neos who crossed 628 300 000 000 meters

So Neos is 104 716 666 667 of times FTL (628 300 000 000/6).

Does it sound good enough? Feel free to tell me if you need more information about the context.

first of all it is possible to check screenshots of the feat here: https://www.imagebam.com/view/GATK5 (order is reversed: first pics are at the bottom and last ones at the top)

Alright so here's the full context. In the statue's left hand there's Edo/Aster Phoenix (it is possible to see how big the statue's hand is compared to a human and how big the statue itself is), I don't have tools to precisely determine it but I'd say the statue is around 25m (Assuming Edo is as tall as Judai then he is 165.7cm big as stated by ygo wikia) because I have the impression it's around 15 times bigger than Edo (sorry it's not very precise but yeah I don't have tools to measure then umber of pixels).

In the statue's right hand there are two keys to activate a satellite which the antagonist (the character on the statue's right side: Saiou/Sartorius) wants to acquire the keys. Saiou (possessed by the light of destruction) starts to fire a beam of light to get keys so he targets the statue's right hand.

This last pic is the very last frame before Neos reacts and intervenes so based on that I'd say the remaining distance between the beam of light and the statue's hand should be more or less equal to the size of the statue's forearm (which should be around 5 or 6 meters).

Neos then starts to react to that and intervenes. And he is able to block and overpower that beam of light before it reaches it's goal.

The starting point of that is Io (one of Jupiter's moon) at 628.3 millions KM from Earth (named "planet Dolphin" by neo spacians). We know it's true because Neos came on his own accord without being summoned by Jaden/Judai or coming out of his deck/duel disk or something (he clearly comes from space). And we know from ep 62 the neo space he comes from is near Jupiter.

Meaning he is at least 100 billions of times FTL considering the distance he crossed compared to the distance the light crossed (628 300 000 000/6 = 104 716 666 667), it will be slightly more than that if the distance crossed by the light is 5 m instead of 6. Also it's not just a travel speed feat but also a reaction and a battle speed feat since intercepted and overpowered an attack.

What do you think of this? Do you think this is valid? Also if anyone wants to check, the speed feat happened in ep 102.

Last edited:
You can just measure pixels by holding your mouse over any point with paint, that's how I do it. Also, you'd need to prove that the beam qualifies for our light speed standards instead of being just some magic blast.

like i said before, aqua dolphin says that neo space is on Io so we have exact distance needed for the calc
507c3ca5c855729f750beefe3358869f.png

No I mean, the distance the light crosses could be pixel-scaled.

ye i just wanted to clarify that
anyways i don't see how saiou's light attack qualifies for the light speed standards

can we consider Saiou has light speed attack due to the simple fact he is controlled by the light of destruction? Who's not only an entity made of light but also a cosmic being that is considered a very dangerous threat. It'd be weird for such a cosmic and made of light being not to be able to use light speed attacks (or faster).

But ofc I won't contest if that still doesn't count. If we use the time frame it take a little less than 2 seconds which is still MFTL+ but barely

can we consider Saiou has light speed attack due to the simple fact he is controlled by the light of destruction? Who's not only an entity made of light but also a cosmic being that is considered a very dangerous threat. It'd be weird for such a cosmic and made of light being not to be able to use light speed attacks (or faster).

But ofc I won't contest if that still doesn't count. If we use the time frame it take a little less than 2 seconds which is still MFTL+ but barely
this is basically the standards iirc not sure how many you need for it to qualify for light speed like is being stated to be light speed and being reflected enough to make it qualify or does it need more than that

Then based on our standards, I think it should count as at least light speed (Saiou's beam).

One of the criteria is "it is stated to be composed/consisting of photons or light itself, again by a reliable source". Well I think it's reasonable to say the light of destruction is ... well composed of light and projects a part of it's own energy (since it's an embodiment of THE "light" mentionned by several characters durign the light vs darkness conflict).

In addition to that the page states "Additionally, if a series is very close to lightspeed or exceeds it in several other calcs and scenarios (such as what is seen in DBZ), there is less of a burden of proof to show that the laser is a true laser". So yeah Neos still being MFTL+ even by using the screentime should demonstrate it's most likely light speed (I mean I can't imagine the light of destruction being treated as a threat while having attacks that are slower than the speed of light while some of it's enemies like Neos are MFTL+).

What do you think of that? Think that counts?

Last edited:
I mean, it wouldn't be a threat anyway if they're MFTL+. Honestly I don't really think this qualifies

Back