• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MG Verse Deletion Request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly, it is important to clarify that I am not a male member, so it is not “dude”. Secondly, I would like to reiterate that the question being posed is not pertinent to the ongoing discussion in this thread. Finally, it is worth noting that the LN in question is available for purchase, and myself and several other friends have already obtained copies.

If you wish to engage in personal inquiries or off-topic conversations, I kindly request that you do so in a more appropriate forum.
People are people, my friend, it doesn't matter if it's a man or a woman.

I hope you understand what I mean.

@PrinceofPein Regardless of whether it's "not taking the L" or something, can you address the thread itself and anything wrong with what they say? If the LN is indeed being treated with priority by the author and there are genuine issues with using the WN then it should be fine for a deletion I'd think.

@Elizhaa @Celestial_Pegasus @Maverick_Zero_X

Any input would be appreciated.

Now I doubt this

No factual evidence for this claim, move on and stop derailing or otherwise you will end up in RvR.
There is though, why was the verse not requested to be deleted yesterday or last week? why was it cause it was downgraded?
Bring it to the RvR, I cannot seem to wait

@PrinceofPein Regardless of whether it's "not taking the L" or something, can you address the thread itself and anything wrong with what they say? If the LN is indeed being treated with priority by the author and there are genuine issues with using the WN then it should be fine for a deletion I'd think.
The reason for deletion is because the verse is said to have gone through revisions due to mistranslation
now tell them to list 5 threads that was made to correct a mistranslation as that is a valid benchmark.
Also it is also the author who made the WN and the LN and raws are accessible and for raws that are accessible MTL is allowed on the wiki. so there is no rule that says the verse should be deleted in this case
Because I asked my fellows today and I got positive consensus, tomorrow or 100 decades before, this is irrelevant.
You asked them today cause a downgrade happened, it is okay to admit it
I presented reasons in my OP.
List five threads based on mistranslations like you claimed

People, even if the reason the downgrade was prompted was because the supporters didn't like the recent downgrade, what-*******-ever. The reasons are still sound, address those instead.
And I already did but they avoided it.
They claim there are lots of revisions based on mistranslations but they have not even listed any and I have asked but Dread is avoiding it

Answer the argument stop the whole charade.
you claim revisions are made based on faulty translations, list those revisions
I claimed why more than that. Also, I am not obligated to argue with someone who absolutely done nothing with the verse, let alone being childish, toxic and antagonizing me and my friends in this thread, move on.

The reason for deletion is because the verse is said to have gone through revisions due to mistranslation
now tell them to list 5 threads that was made to correct a mistranslation as that is a valid benchmark.
Also it is also the author who made the WN and the LN and raws are accessible and for raws that are accessible MTL is allowed on the wiki. so there is no rule that says the verse should be deleted in this case

You asked them today cause a downgrade happened, it is okay to admit it

List five threads based on mistranslations like you claimed
The reason is because a verse as complex like Maou Gakuin needs the correct translation. I mean a 2A realm being somehow made into a city because of a mistranslation is proof what sort of problems it can cause.
And stop asking list 5 threats.
List 5 threats where you defended MG and not stonewall and argue dragging things out.

I claimed why more than that. Also, I am not obligated to argue with someone who absolutely done nothing with the verse, let alone being childish, toxic and antagonizing me and my friends in this thread, move on.
The only one I have antagonize is the OP and asking you to substantiate your claims is not toxic.
As you have failed to provide this so called "frequent occurence of mistranslation"

As this has turned into a situation of stonewalling and toxicity, I will only engage with members who were involved in creating and working on the verse, as well as those who have a deep understanding of the matter. I will maintain this approach for the next 48 hours. If no new information is provided or if the toxicity persists, I will take appropriate actions.

@PrinceofPein Am I to understand you disagree with the thread because you feel the translations are still valid?

If so then just summarise your view and ask yourself to be put on Disagree. This whole back and forth on the supporters' integrity helps no one.
My view is simple the OP claimed "A significant portion of the literary content has been generated via automated machine translation, which has resulted in frequent occurrences of mistranslation and inconsistency."
And I simply said they list a few of those "frequent occurences and inconsistency" and they have refused and dodged the call to prove their claims.

My view is simple the OP claimed "A significant portion of the literary content has been generated via automated machine translation, which has resulted in frequent occurrences of mistranslation and inconsistency."
And I simply said they list a few of those "frequent occurences and inconsistency" and they have refused and dodged the call to prove their claims.
The recent thread and a couple of Fixxed CRTs come to mind, though I can't recall the specifics.

Regardless, there's no need for this to go on so far. Just elaborate why the verse should stay in a concise way and leave your's and the OP's post for staff review.

Since there is no response, I can only assume all Maou Gakuin CRTs were based on mistranslations, with that in mind, I'll list 5 of my favorites

There is though, why was the verse not requested to be deleted yesterday or last week? why was it cause it was downgraded?
Bring it to the RvR, I cannot seem to wait
I don't know much about the verse, but if your biggest tier is based on a mistranslation then something is wrong, and a tier 2 even.

The recent thread and a couple of Fixxed CRTs come to mind, though I can't recall the specifics.
aside the recent thread none of it, all of fixxed CRT were passed, since they are actually upgrades.
Regardless, there's no need for this to go on so far. Just elaborate why the verse should stay in a concise way and leave your's and the OP's post for staff review.
Anyway it is not worth it, I do not care much for the verse, the dishonesty in the OP was just annoying but it is cool now
Since there is no response, I can only assume all Maou Gakuin CRTs were based on mistranslations, with that in mind, I'll list 5 of my favorites

Agree with the thread, if all these are supposedly based on mistranslation
I don't know much about the verse, but if your biggest tier is based on a mistranslation then something is wrong, and a tier 2 even.
My reason for a downgrade was not mistranslation, it was a bonus that happened in the course of the thread

As a fluent Japanese speaker, I approve.

Pein, the intent behind a CRT shoudn't matter so long the CRT itself present valid points, and if what is presented in the OP is true then I would consider them valid points. It is quite concerning that we allowed a verse to fester with such mishandling in the first place, but that is a conversation for another time. I think we should, as a community, have a new conversation regarding Machine Translation in general as well.

Thanks for derailment guys ^ anyway, I think 3 staff members agreed with it but due to new policy, I will wait 48 hours.

I find it more concerning, that those who never actually care or contribute in any activity disagrees

Till then, I hope I find a content moderator.

Thanks for derailment guys ^ anyway, I think 3 staff members agreed with it but due to new policy, I will wait 48 hours.
Ehh, I think it's better first we ask Ant or any Bureaucrat regarding this stuff?, I suppose a thing that he probably will refuse to delete this verse, considering that the profile it is in good condition and due to the series is already gaining great popularity among users.

75390410.jpg

Memes aside, as the one who made the verse, I have always been against mtl, so I obviously agree with this.

I might actually even participate with the verse with LN content.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back