• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mid level regen and above giving immunity to biological based hax

So I just remembered something from a while ago. Apparently (Im taking a certain staff member's word for this), a while back a thread was made that got accepted a few other staff member's.

The thread argue'd that Mid-Godly should give you immunity to mind and soulhax because you can regen from them being erased.

If thats the case?...

Mid regen allows you to survive getting your brains blown out among other things. Same for further levels such as High-Mid, Low-High- Mid-High, High, and Low-Godly

If this is the case should these regen levels give you resistances to things such as Biology based Mind hax, Biological hax, Blood hax, etc.?

Regenerationn levels do not grant special resistances, although is one have regen as effect of having accelerated metabolism, it may be resistent or be immune to certain natural poisons and diseases. But not, Mid-Godly do not grant resistance to bilogical, mental or soul manipulation, if any, it will regen animic damage (but not necessary instantly).

While we're at it, something to a similar extent was stated in relation to High-Mid, in that having it or above would render one immune to being knocked out.

I disagree with this, especially given said character that was being referenced had been knocked out on a multitude of occasions.

Basically, aside from being able to regen from being damaged, regen should grant no special abilities at all, even more so if said abilities are inconsistent with a character's showings.

@KnightOfSunlight

This also bothers me a lot, people pick up "regenerates a head" and distorts it to "can't be knocked out". I've seen some matches where, because one of the character didn't have Regenerationn negation, they couldn't defeat the opponent with regular damage.

Back