• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minecraft Steve VS Arch-vile

MrKingOfNegativity

Abstract embodiment of being undesirable
VS Battles
Retired
After hearing that one of the Revenants got owned by a snowman while visiting a game neither of them belonged in, an Arch-vile decides to storm into the Minecraft verse and start wrecking every Snow Golem it comes across. Steve happens to encounter it during its rampage and, realizing it could become a threat to the place as a whole, decides to put stop to the madness.

Rules

• Speed is equalized.
  • Early-game Steve.
  • Arch-vile is not allowed to summon the Pain Elemental or any Lost Souls. (Every other monster is fair game, though)
  • Combatants start 50 meters away.
  • Battle takes place here.
  • Winner by killing the other guy.
Vote Count

Arch-vile isn't just a 'fire monster' though. It can summon other enemies to its side (literally any monster in the game outside of bosses), and it can also resurrect them if they're killed. The bit above is also kind of ignoring how it can hit Steve from just about any distance as long as he isn't hiding behind anything.

Not trying to knock Steve or anything. Just pointing out the flaws in that argument.

No. I only said he couldn't summon the Pain Elemental or any Lost Souls. (Mostly due to the former being able to summon things and the latter being cannon fodder on its own) Never said anything about the other monsters.

This fight would be extremely one-sided if the Arch-vile weren't allowed to summon anything.

Lost Souls aren't ghosts. They're flaming, flying skulls that are useless in this fight due to being 9-B and only having one attack. (Note that the Arch-vile never appeared in DOOM 2016, so it logically can't summon the 2016 Lost Souls unless specified)

Restricted them here because there's no point in including them.

I don't see how else Steve being able to 'hit ghosts' would be relevant here. That just means he can harm the intangible, which means little here since none of the enemies in DOOM are intangible...

...Are you guys even reading the profiles? Nobody has any intangibility in this fight.

Being able to harm intangible beings doesn't matter here.

MrKingOfNegativity said:
...Are you guys even reading the profiles? Nobody has any intangibility in this fight.

Being able to harm intangible beings doesn't matter here.
lol I said "irrelevant" that mean I already agree, I read his profile but being able to hit intangible vexes aren't included, while it's not clear it's canon in newest update of Minecraft, play Minecraft or Wiki there's new things in Minecraft y'know.

I don't have any control over what gets added to profiles.

Anywho, do you have a vote? With reasons of any kind?

i'm rooting for Steve via arsenal, fire resistance potions, speed equalized, better durability, totem of undying. giving arch a problem.

I'm gonna need you to be a bit more specific than that.

Also, Arch-vile's durability is in the same tier as Steve's. Both are Room/Small Building level in that area.

That'd help against fire columns, yeah. But an Arch-vile's fire blasts don't hit from the front. They ignite at the target's feet and then explode. The fire also follows targets even if they're airborne. (They can hit Cacodemons with this attack)

It can also summon other enemies, so it's not like Steve will be fighting a strict 1v1 here.

You could say that, sort of. The fire stays underneath the target's feet until it explodes, and can only be avoided by leaving the Arch-vile's line of sight. (i.e. hiding behind cover such as rocks or pillars or something)

Back