• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor(?) Senran Kagura revision

I have several problems with the verse's tiers, but the 3 biggest flaws currently are the following:

In Estival Versus, Ryoki with the Happy Turn is the final boss
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csS7nIdhaUA

She was defeated by both Ryobi and Ryona, so why does Ryoki's Happy Turn scale to Ultimate Asuka at all? The Happy Turn, in-verse, is described as just a mood shift of Ryoki, it doesn't give her any power boost or anything, at best, you could argue that the Happy Turn makes her not hold back at all so the current tier is her full power, and if so, yeah I'd agree, she held back for most of the game, but that's not a reasonto scale her to Ultimate Asuka or Crimson Homura, specially since those 2 forms are achieved by a Super Secret Ninja Art Scroll, which is described as the most powerful possession for both Hanzo and Hebijo academies, a random mood shift shouldn't be that OP, specially when there's the anti-feat I presented for Ryobi and Ryona defeating her.

Another flaw is Hikage's Frenzy Mode, which is even less justified to have this tier, nothing more to say since I'd just be repeating myself.

And the last flaw I'll mention now is the fact that Ayame is scaled to other Hanzo people. Ayame is consistently shown to be much weaker than everyone else since she isn't even an elite even in PBS, she is being considered to be part of the elite but doesn't have enough power yet, specially considering that the current Hanzo elite had to go through several intense trainings before matching Gessen, Ayame having their tier without that training at all would be pretty silly, specially considering that canonically she never fought physically with anybody, rather just had a wet t-shirt contest in PBS and nothing else, I'm pretty sure I don't need to explain why that doesn't mean they physically scale. However in her DLC from Estival Versus, like every other character, they can make a crater beneath their feet with a specific attack
(0:45)

Maybe this could be calculated to give her a tier that would be fitting.

I also saw that freezing feats are no longer valid for AP so the whole High 8-C tier should go away, luckily I have feats to justify tiers much higher than this but that'll better be left for another thread since I hear certain users are planning to do a thread like that.

Last edited:
Back