• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I mean again I don't see the big issue, it makes the links stand out better and not be jammed along other more trivial classifications. Any effects to the "standard" is laughably negligible, and it gives the format more structure. :/

Literally, it's clicking enter once, and I just believe it looks all the more cohesive for it
I agree. It's not like we don't have optional sections already for profiles.

Having a specific section also makes it less troublesome when a character is part of multiple teams/civilizations.

It isn't different from adding links to weapons and vehicles which have their own page.

Pretty much agree with what AKM said. Either way seems reasonable imho

So what is the tally here so far regarding who thinks what?

Agree: Armorchompy, Damage3245, Starter Pack, SamanPatou, Crabwhale, KLOL506, The Impress, Ogurtsow (Former Staff)

Disagree: DontTalkDT, Mr. Bambu, Antvasima, Elizhaa

Neutral: AKM sama, LordGriffin1000, Eficiente, Colonel Krukov

Last edited:
Hmm. It seems inconclusive then. However, I don't particularly mind either option.

Would you be willing to provide further input here @DontTalkDT ?

It's still my opinion that we shouldn't include something to a standard format that doesn't apply to the majority of characters. Just slap it in Classification, seems reasonable to me.

Not every character has equipment and we list that anyways, and this is even optional as well, so I wouldn't oppose this addition
I did not say every character, one might note, had they been perceptive about my words. I said "majority". I would also argue equipment to be substantially more relevant for characters in a combat situation than their team/organization/neighborhood watch program/etc. And, as previously stated, we have a spot for teams already, lad. Classification. DT's point is one well made.

The problem is that we would end up bloating the classification section of characters who are part of several teams.

Also, a section only for memberships is more efficient because you would just list the name of the team, instead of classifying the character as "Member of X", "Citizen of Y" etc..

Because civilization is a hella limited fomat that needs further rewrites to be viable

Relevance of this anyways?
Don't think it's an issue of the format. It's an issue of civilizations and relevant teams being far less prevalent and far less created than characters. If people were very eager to make tons of civilization profiles they would. They are just not that popular.

Relevance is that your point against putting it in the classifications section was that it could become long if a character has very many teams/civilizations. My counterpoint is that this will hardly ever happen by what we currently see. If you have less than 200 teams/civilizations spread up on 10x as many verses, the probability of there being lots of big intersections is low. I.e. there aren't many characters that have relation to lots of civilization/team profiles at once.

So? Why are you letting it be a problem for the dozen when it literally doesn't do anything negative for the rest, except your own unfounded personal resistance to it due to your opinions
But it does something negative to the rest. It turns the standard format less standardized and more complicated. There is a reason virtually all wikis in existence have a regularized layout that is the same between all pages. The reason why we have a standard format at all, instead of just letting every profile be created in the most convenient way for each character, is the same. I'm not a web designer, so I can't tell you the exact reasons (I imagine it has something to do with speed of navigating the pages itself for a human), but people at large prefer standardized formats that they can get used to.

So, the proposal makes the format slightly better for a dozen characters and slightly worse for 26000 others.

More navigation the better, especially noting the potential for clutter certain team files can likely get in the future, and again, genuinely, there are no downsides to it other than you conflating "standard" with "clutter" based off really weak reasoning. Literally there is no objective point against this, it's just you wanting to cluster Classifiations instead of pressing the enter key once.

A literal line doesn't break standard. If anything rejecting this, you're creating a LACK OF STANDARD, because it means I have no definite place to list teams, and can very well link them between 5 different fields due to your utter vagueness
You have a definite place to list teams. The classification field is the only appropriate place for them.

Another section breaks format, as it is another section. It changes layout and everything.

Also, a section only for memberships is more efficient because you would just list the name of the team, instead of classifying the character as "Member of X", "Citizen of Y" etc..
If you don't want this info on the profile you can also just write "Part of X, Y & Z" in the classification section. Doesn't add much.

DontTalk makes good sense to me above, as usual. Thank you for helping out.

The problem is that we would end up bloating the classification section of characters who are part of several teams.

We have, in recent times, permitted such colossal amounts of bloat for extremely simple concepts, I am genuinely surprised to see anyone care.

That said, adding "Member of the Avengers", "Leader of the Justice League", or "Supreme Turbo-Evil Mega-Archdevil of the Galactic Empire" isn't actually that much bloat. I don't think adding "Citizen of Boise, Idaho" is necessarily a worthwhile contribution to anything, so if that's the "team" shit then we're probably going to have to talk about that down the line. But yeah the Classification thing isn't going to experience tremendous bloat from this.

I suppose that we should go with DontTalk's suggestion then.

Back