• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About The "Others" Section

Flashlight237

VS Battles
Calculation Group
You know how we have an "Others" section in every profile? I think it should be renamed "Notable Matchups". I say that because... Well, that's all it seems to be used for. The "Others" name implies that there are other, miscellaneous things that can be applied to profiles, but I don't think that's ever been used in practice. I have asked about the topic before and gotten no explanation for it: https://vsbattles.com/threads/others-section-in-character-profiles.140217/

So yeah, I think, unless there is some miscellaneous stuff that could go in profiles, I think it's best to just rename the "Others" section as "Notable Matchups."

I also agree with this, if it can be safely handled with a mass-editing script, but wouldn't calling it "Matchup Results" or something similar, instead be preferable?

Also, the following instruction page and its top example image would also need to be updated along with our manually selected predetermined standard layout option when creating new wiki pages.

I also agree with this, if it can be safely handled with a mass-editing script, but wouldn't calling it "Matchup Results" or something similar, instead be preferable?

Also, the following instruction page and its top example image would also need to be updated along with our manually selected predetermined standard layout option when creating new wiki pages.

Eh. Same context, different wording. I wouldn't mind.

As already said: with bots, good idea, I agree. Mostly ambivalent about what terminology to use, both are fine (as would any number of similar phrases be).

Sorry for speaking late.

I do agree the general direction of making records of notable matchups more intuitively understood.

I would see if anyone is on the suggestion for:
Leave "Others" as is, but add a "Notable Matchups" section for matchup records.

Well, time to make a tally here.

"Notable Matchups": Flashlight237, Darkgrath, Damage3245, LordTracer, Therefir, Colonel Krukov (6)
"Matchup Results": Antvasima, Psychomaster35, KLOL506, DarkDragonMedeus (4)
Could go either way: Aguywhodoesthings, Mr. Bambu, CloverDragon03, LordGriffin1000, Crazylatin77 (5)

Last edited:
I didn't want to debate on a fine detail like name if it wasn't too important, you may put me as more favorable of Notable Matchups.

I think that we can call it "Notable Matchups" or "Notable Matchup Results" in that case. DarkGrath's points made sense to me.

However, it needs to be handled in a very safe manner via a mass-editing script via Bot.

@AKM sama @Elizhaa @Just_a_Random_Butler @Catzlaflame

Are any of you willing to handle it please?

We need to discuss how to safely and accurately set up the Bot script settings for this project via a private discussion thread, and also discuss if any other administrators or content moderators have sufficient skills, sense of responsibility, and levelheaded awareness to handle a mass-editing Bot account without potentially causing any harm to our wiki.

DarkGrath makes sense to
I think that we can call it "Notable Matchups" or "Notable Matchup Results" in that case. DarkGrath's points made sense to me.

However, it needs to be handled in a very safe manner via a mass-editing script via Bot.

@AKM sama @Elizhaa @Just_a_Random_Butler @Catzlaflame

Are any of you willing to handle it please?

We need to discuss how to safely and accurately set up the Bot script settings for this project via a private discussion thread, and also discuss if any other administrators or content moderators have sufficient skills, sense of responsibility, and levelheaded awareness to handle a mass-editing Bot account without potentially causing any harm to our wiki.
script should be very straightforward tbh; yea I’ll help with this, feel free to create that GC.

Back