• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MLP, Friendship is Stronger than you think, an upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I noticed that Celestia and Luna were put down as like, city level tops.

https://youtu.be/PofM_EfBqtg?t=16s

Anyway, Celestia should be higher for literally raising the sun and moon when she imprisoned her sister as said here: https://youtu.be/ge3qtKo-JAM?t=1m49s (Later towards the end of the story, it will mention how Celestia took on the task of moving the sun AND moon)

This scales to Luna (due to Celestia only being able to beat her through the Elements of Harmony), Chrysalis with Shining Armor's love (Due to being overpowered by her), Discord (Due to needing the combined powers of BOTH sisters AND the elements to beat him), and lastly the Elements of Harmony for being able to overpower his magic.

Azathoth has brought this up quite a while ago, and he concluded that that doesn't scale to their direct destructive power, as nothing remotely implies they can destroy the sun or moon under their own power. He'll be able to explain it better.

What Everlasting said.

They used to be at the level you are speaking of before we had a discussion about it.

Just because it's implied doesn't mean it isn't possible.

There's no way they'd indicate that they can destroy it, because neither have the desire to destroy the sun or moon.

HomestuckLover1 said:
Just because it's implied doesn't mean it isn't possible.
There's no way they'd indicate that they can destroy it, because neither have the desire to destroy the sun or moon.
Except it's very clearly not a destructive power.

I'm not buying several unicorns together = large planet level.

Trust me, man, I fought hard for them to stay the same, but they have valid points too and we'll be keeping them the same for now.

Except it's very clearly not a destructive power.

I'm not buying several unicorns together = large planet level.

It could be. I mean, moving the moon isn't Celestia's associated power, yet she can do it.

HomestuckLover1 said:
It could be. I mean, moving the moon isn't Celestia's associated power, yet she can do it.
No, I don't mean it's a power specific to each sister, but it's a specific power.

Yes, it is a powerful spell that takes a lot of magical energy, but it does not directly translate to force that can be exerted on other objects.

Dude as much as i like the idea of an Alicorn having Star level power or even higher, Azathoth made legit points about why Celestia and Luna would be City level a while back.

What's the proof for this though? While saying that it scales to their DC is questionable, saying it doesn't is also just as questionable.

Because they've never shown anywhere close to this level for anything else, nor have they been able to compete with opponents far below that level. The journal also verifies that this was something that could be done by regular unicorns before, so I highly doubt that can scale to DC.

The journal is amazing, every big fan of MLP should own it.

And the new Art of Equestria book too, it's also amazing (It's basically a Hyrule Historia of MLP)

Also, besides, MLP doesn't need DC to compete with verses. It has enough top tier hax & speed to compete with universes that would usually be considered far stronger.

Pikachu942 said:
Also, besides, MLP doesn't need DC to compete with verses. It has enough top tier hax & speed to compete with universes that would usually be considered far stronger.
This. Hax in MLP is surprisingly really good.

I agree with Azathoth, The Everlasting, and CrossverseCrisis. I should probably close this thread now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back