• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MLP Massive Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Ant

We're referring to Celestia consistantly moving the sun faster than .15c for a 4-B rating. This is the lowball. I don't see what the issue is. We aren't inflating results for this.

The point is that the MLP sun has been moved significantly above the speed of light on various occasions. It is evidently supposed to be an act of magic that does not follow the laws of physics, and we should not deliberately pick an instance when it moved slower than that to greatly inflate the resulting statistics.

Again, both Azathoth and I are set against this change, and it is not going to be accepted. We should close this thread.

Because it has been moved at clearly FTL speeds elsewhere, which would result in 4-C statistics according to our rules, since it breaks the laws of physics. Picking an instance when the same power moves it slower via magic, in order to get much higher results, is not acceptable at all.

Can you link us these rules, so all of us on the thread are on the same page?

Can she be High 4-C since it only needs the Sun going Mach 5215 or MHS+?

"If one planet or multiple planets or stars are moved the equivalent Attack Potency is the sum of their GBE. Per default it is assumed that only the stars themselves are moved whenever stars are moved in the night sky to form constellations. Usually Stars can be considered to be like our sun and planets to be like earth, as long as no better guess is possible."

How was this rule decided?

The problem here is that the MLP universe is magic that does not follow the laws of physics, and that Celestia's power has moved the Sun at FTL speeds on other occasions.

It depends on if there are science fiction elements as well, but if the verse is pure fairy tale magic, it certainly makes these types of feats more suspicious to use in calculations.

Wouldn't that rule technically make the AP of these two feats the same?

See 0:45

The Summer Sun Celebration (Princess Twilight Sparkle) MLP FiM HD
The Summer Sun Celebration (Princess Twilight Sparkle) MLP FiM HD

See 3:10

The Storm King Steal The Princesses Magic My Little Pony The Movie Full HD
The Storm King Steal The Princesses Magic My Little Pony The Movie Full HD

Yeah, Celestia moving the sun is undoubtedly a Tier 4 feat, but literally every other instance demonstrates her moving the Sun at FTL speeds and it also doesn't follow traditional Astronomy and physics. As much as I would like to see a return of 4-B Alicorns, it just doesn't hold up enough consistency. It's another reason we don't consider destroying Earth to Sun sized pocket realities with the sun located at the edge of the pocket reality 4-B via inverse square law.

If someone where to explode a sun as Relativistic speeds, it would be a different story. But she's simply moving the sun casually at FTL and it's not treated as an attack that's beyond Star level. So I think it's safer to go by what Azathoth said and it appears even DarkAnine thinks he makes good points.

I really don't get this " its been moved at FTL speeds elsewhere" argument. So what its been moved FTL elsewhere? This doesn't change the fact that there are instances in which it is moved slower; just because FTL is more common, that doesn't mean the times it moved at Rel+ can just be ignored.

Celestia moves the Sun by using the same type of magic power, which is impossible to calculate at FTL. She does not get millions of times stronger when she moves the Sun slower than that, and we shouldn't do our best to find loopholes in the regulations.

I am getting very tired of repeating myself here. This is far too unreliable to be accepted, period.

But it's not a loophole, the scene of the sun moving slower is a legitimate thing that happens; she does not get millions of times weaker when she moves the sun faster than that.

It is a loophole used by some of the people in this thread to boost her statistics, even though she moves the Sun in a manner that is proven to completely defy the laws of physics, and as such cannot be calculated.

I would appreciate if you all permanently drop this subject, so I can finally close this thread. It will not pass, no matter how much you waste time that that I do not have available.

It defies the laws of physics when it is moved at FTL, but there are scenes in which it doesn't. I really don't get why you guys want to ignore that just because other completely unrelated feat is unusable.

If you want me to drop the subject, then just explain it in a way that makes sense, cause right now the only explanation given was "it moves FTL in other scenes, so this scene is not usable", which really doesn't make any sense.

Look, if she uses the exact same power of a comparable scale to usually magically move the Sun at FTL speeds that break the laws of physics and cannot be calculated, we cannot try to find an occasion that breaks the pattern and moves slower just in order to unreasonably boost her statistics. This is very biased and unreasonable, as Azathoth has explained earlier.

I will close this thread soon, and you are not allowed to restart it afterwards.

The exact same type of power is used for both occasions. We cannot use the laws of physics for one of them but not the other.

I will close this now. My apologies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back