• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mobile Suit Gundam Discussion Thread

Watched SEED Freedom yesterday night

1bb6fc28e8479470826387fd88ebbf31208a5278c8fd90d5077648a65b32fabd_1-2401720862.jpg

how does scaling gundam work it's got a ton of content to wade through
do you just start at the chronologically earliest shows and work up from there because technology advances over time?

I found something in Gundam Origin.

It's stated that the fusion reactor of the YMS-03 Waff has a 'high-speed electron collimation' system equivalent to 10 kT.

From what I can find, these specific kinds of collimation systems in real life focus electrons into narrow beams, which are used for fast ignition in fusion reactors.

What does this mean for any of our potential ratings? Idk. I hope someone can explain this.
i think the T here might be for Tesla (unit of magnetic flux density) over tons of TNT, considering magnetic fields are used in colliders and such to change directions of particles passing through
i could be very wrong though? apparently CERN's electromagnets are only 8.3 Tesla as opposed to 10 THOUSAND

how does scaling gundam work it's got a ton of content to wade through
do you just start at the chronologically earliest shows and work up from there because technology advances over time?
ye

we also separate by AU

so UC, G Gundam, Wing, SEED, 00, and the Witch From Mercury all have different scaling chains as well as the other three

ye

we also separate by AU

so UC, G Gundam, Wing, SEED, 00, and the Witch From Mercury all have different scaling chains as well as the other three
makes sense
ignoring Turn A's position (since apparently that's where everything technically starts its like a giant timeline reset), is this accurate
Lsl7hYy.jpeg

makes sense
ignoring Turn A's position (since apparently that's where everything technically starts its like a giant timeline reset), is this accurate
Lsl7hYy.jpeg
sort of

most people dont lump the other AUs into the Dark History because G Gundam, Wing, and Gundam X were the only AUs shown in the dark history flashback (because Turn A is made in 1999 lol) but the dark history is meant to be a universal reset point for every AU

also i dont have a clue what Mobile Suit Gunpla Builders G is lol but its definitely not part of the 00 universe

and Post Disaster is actually like PD 325 instead of 32

i think the T here might be for Tesla (unit of magnetic flux density) over tons of TNT, considering magnetic fields are used in colliders and such to change directions of particles passing through
i could be very wrong though? apparently CERN's electromagnets are only 8.3 Tesla as opposed to 10 THOUSAND
That makes far more sense, honestly. I didn't even realise the unit had the same notation.

It's the future, so I can see it (even though it's comically overpowered).

Oh yeah I also found through a guidebook that the beams in G Gundam are diffuse particle beams (at least the ones by the Devil Gundam)
So we the cast might just be relativistic too
ok but does this scale to my glorious lord sinanju
if the answer is no then idgaf
uuFCrfZCkDoezbNlNoBV.png

Sinanju scales to UC beams which are also stated to be particle beams so basically every relevant character would get relativistic reactions from reacting to them
i DeepL translated some of the stuff in the booklet i got with my Unicorn kit and i think it also said Kshatriya's funnels are particle weapons, so

Every Gundam beam is a particle beam, they're all based on the Mega Particle Cannon technology
fair enough
i opened up the gundam wikia page and apparently they're stated to be lightspeed, ig scans would help? i'm just curious

i should calc the Side 7 Zaku explosion from 0079 - considering that it blew a huge chunk in the side og the colony despite exploding ABOVE ground and RX-78-2 tanked it from some distance away it's probably not bad in terms of destructive capacity

i should calc the Side 7 Zaku explosion from 0079 - considering that it blew a huge chunk in the side og the colony despite exploding ABOVE ground and RX-78-2 tanked it from some distance away it's probably not bad in terms of destructive capacity
I recalled this got calced already and the RX got 8-B via ISL. By idk where that calc is.

I recalled this got calced already and the RX got 8-B via ISL. By idk where that calc is.
sounds possible, but at the same time? colonies are big.
setting_colonyschematic.jpg

the land is probably a couple hundred metres thick? and the zaku's blast blew it all out of the colony in like a second tops - and Amuro in RX78 was right next to it. i feel it could be higher but i'll have a definitive answer when i actually start doing the math.

Last edited:
what the hell am i supposed to do when i have conflicting measurements for weight and such
i've got 2 different sources saying RX-78-2 weighs both 43.4 tonnes (dry) and 53.4/110.4 tonnes (dry/wet)

Back