• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Monika's Abilities

Hey there folks.

I'm Wither, and I'm here to suggest some new powers to Monika.

Let's do this.

• Empathic Manipulation: Monika mentions herself that she can increase the negative aspects of the other girls. She amplified Sayori's depression and Yuri's obsessive personality, driving them both to suicide.
  • Sleep Manipulation: Through her plot manipulation, Monika made Natsuki fall asleep by amplifying her malnourishment, and not much later, made her lose consciousness and collapse.
  • Teleportation: Despite there being an entire void when trying to cheat and load a save when you're not supposed to, Monika appears from literally nowhere in a place where nothing should exist instantly. While yes, the characters' positions are instantly loaded dozens of other times due to no programmed transitioning, it's always established that the character is there and supposed to be there; both of which are not in this case.
  • Telepathy: Monika is able to talk to The Player through text boxes even when not present, and has done so several times in the game
  • Text Manipulation: Done countless times throughout the game.
  • BFR: She trapped The Player in a separate universe during Act 3, and also nullified any abilities he/she could use, like Saving, Loading, or even restoring data files
  • Body Control and Blood Manipulation: Both of these powers are used very commonly on the other girls during Act 2, and on Monika herself during her jumpscare. Speaking of which...
  • Light Manipulation: Monika's jumpscare changes the room's lighting and generates light in several colours.
  • Perception Manipulation: She can change the Player's vision to be all red, distorted and bloody.
  • Spatial Manipulation: For creating the outer space area when you're left with just Monika. Pun not intended.
  • Fire Manipulation: In said outer space area, you can see clouds of fire in the background. Monika created the outer space area along with its contents; it wouldn't make sense if she created the entire realm, but not the fire. Also, she can move those clouds of fire, too.
  • Transmutation: She can morph the other girls into clumps of pixels.
  • Sound Manipulation: Several times, Monika has altered or distorted the sounds and music of the game.
  • Time Paradox Immunity: She's immune to however many resets The Player initiates, and is the only one aware of such things.
Also, since Sayori got all of Monika's powers near the game's end, she should get these abilities as well, if they get through.

How do these powers look? I'd like your thoughts on this.

Thanks for your attention. Wither out, for now.

Everything seems good to me, and most are pretty straight-forward.

Also, in case anyone needs citation for empathic manip, here.

Great job, Wither. :D

The Outer Space area isn't something Monika created per say. Rather, it's what's left of the world after she broke everything. So it's not BFR, Spatial Manip, or Fire Manip.

I'm not sure if the teleportation event can be considered canon. But I guess there are no reasons for it to be non-canon, so...

Rest seems fine.

Alright.

Is there any source that implies it was already there? And maybe we could at the very least add them as "possibly"?

She states that this is all there is anymore, implying that this place is just really what's left of the Doki Doki universe.

Either way we can't assume that she created a separated world just for that, so no BFR either way.

Also, can Willpower Manipulation be suggested as well? I mean, didn't she restrain MC in Act 3 and basically turned him into a doll so she could've been able to talk with the Player?

It's never stated that the realm in Act 3 is "what's left." As a matter of fact, we know Monika has control of the realm because she states time is no longer flowing, yet the fire and everything outside is still moving and such. She's the "programmer" after all, whatever that realm is was a result of her actions.

She says, "Hang on, this'll just take one moment," before the entire game resets. She says that that is the Literature Club. I don't see why we can't say she didn't create it, and we know she ca create things because she recreated the entire game without herself in Act 4.

Metal Mario875 said:
It's never stated that the realm in Act 3 is "what's left." As a matter of fact, we know Monika has control of the realm because she states time is no longer flowing, yet the fire and everything outside is still moving and such. She's the "programmer" after all, whatever that realm is was a result of her actions.

She says, "Hang on, this'll just take one moment," before the entire game resets. She says that that is the Literature Club. I don't see why we can't say she didn't create it, and we know she ca create things because she recreated the entire game without herself in Act 4.
I agree.

I am personally fine with Saikou's conclusions.

Actually...

Once Sayori becomes President, her way of taking you to that area is far more direct. The Literature Club is literally just overlapped by the other Literature Club, so I don't see how it's the "destroyed reality" if these two places are, in a sense, separate here. Sayori actually seems to be pretty solid evidence that Monika had to of created that place.

To further back that up, we see what happens once Monika actually does erase the DDLC reality for good. After the whole Sayori incident, Monika apologizes and says goodbye to Sayori, you, and most importantly, the Literature Club, before deleting the game. After that scene, there's only static remnants before the credits roll and Monika starts deleting the credits and then the scripts, ultimately resulting in the entirety of the game being unplayable.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
this has been agreed upon, no need to bump it, at max request someone to open monikas profile
Most of it, yes, but there was still debate over Fire and Spatial Manip and BFR. After Metal last gave an argument, the thread, so we don't know the final consensus regarding those.

They overlap because Sayori was in the process of repeating what Monika did: Destroying the script/game. I don't think that Sayori's overtake of the game would have been treated as this much of an issue if she just took the player somewhere.

She still did partially destroy the game before Act 3 though. In her own words, the script is broken, and [the room/situation] is all there is left.

Back