• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Monster Hunter changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds reasonable.

And sure, I can get behind looking into weaker monsters. Any you had in mind, aside from Deviljho and Jaggi/Jaggi-type monsters?

The mid-level monsters that we already have profiles for come to mind. Barroth and Rathian are the two that come to mind. Rathian could be listed in much the same way as Rathalos, just slightly weaker in all but the Dreadqueen Rathian stats. After those two, we have the 5 star monsters left, with Lagiacrus, Agnaktor, and Diablos. After those are done, we can think about revising the Elder Dragons. After everything is revised, we can start making new profiles again, starting from the weakest, with monsters such as Yian Kut-Ku.

I can agree with the Rathian being around/slightly below Rathalos. Should there be something noting it's poison attributes?

At this point, I'm not certain if Agnaktor's feat of drilling to and from a magma chamber in the span of a second approximately is legit, but if so, it would provide a semi-solid speed feat for it, as well as scaling to Brachydios (It can react to and push an Agnaktor out of the way when it comes from the ground, so it could at least have it scale to reaction-speed).

Yian Kut Ku, according to their ecology section, are prey for a standard Rathian. This would make it pretty weak. Like, Small Building if anything. On rare occasions, an "Elder Kut Ku" is more powerful then a Yian Garuga, but this occuring naturally is, again, rare.

Just remember that you cannot assign guesswork values to characters, including randomly placing higher tiers due to higher in-game statistics.

That's why this thread is a thing. If I was comparing in-game statistics, it would only require a quick trip to Kiranico. BannedLagiacrus' lore blog and the ecology videos are really the only thing we can draw AP and Speed from.

In any case, regardless of current accuracy, I would like to revise the current profiles. Starting from Jaggi:

Jaggi hunt in packs, led by the much stronger Great Jaggi. About 3 or 4 regular Jaggi can take out a herd of Aptonoth with moderate difficulty. This means we can compare Jaggi AP to Aptonoth durability. Aptonoth should be comparable to the real world Parasaurolophus. As for Parasaurolophus' durability, I have no idea. Is someone here an expert on this?

Also, in regards to the stronger monsters, BannedLagiacrus has posted a new blog, on Conquest War Monsters, as can be found here. They are like Dangerous First Class Monsters, but are actually far stronger. It wasn't enough for regular Fatalis to be on there; they went and buffed Fatalis up into a "G-Rank Variant just so it could be included. We don't have any legit feats yet, but I'll be sure to post some links when we do. Frontier hasn't released G-Rank White Fatalis yet, but I'm sure there will be some serious buffs when they do. As of now, White Fatalis is no longer the strongest Monster Hunter Monster. That honour belongs to Disufiroa.

Huh... That's interesting. Does this mean that every Conquest War Monster is stronger then White Fatty, or is this solely reserved for Disufiroa?

Unspecified. However, Conquest War White Fatalis hasn't been released yet, so that could definitely be something to behold. Fans speculate that CW W. Fatalis will appear when they reach the top of the sky corridor. However high that is remains to be seen, since they are several hundred floors up and still no top.

In any case, back to the matter at hand. Is there anyone who might know what the real world Parasaurolophus would have as Durability. If we work that out, we'll have the Jaggi AP.

I can't really find much pertaining to what the Parasaurolophus may be capable of in terms of physicality, sorry.

What about Apecros? It closely resembles an Ankylosaurus, and is also a similarly low-tier monster. It is even stated to be a relative to the Aptonoth.

If we are able to scale an Apecros from an Ankylosaurus, then we can find it's power in the tail swing at least. Here is one, and here is two.

However, would scaling these low-tiers to their real world counterparts really be acceptable in this case? Just curious.

Makes sense. We never actually see Jaggi attack Apceros, but we do see Genprey attack them. Genprey are comparable to Velociprey, which are comparable to Jaggi. I can't watch the video right now since I've currently got ultra slow internet (will be temporary though), so can you give me the general gist of what they were showing?

And yes, I believe there is no problem scaling the low tier herbivores to their real life counterparts. They look almost the same, act in the same way we assume the originals acted, have the same body structure, and likely can perform the same feats.

Hello? I thought you would provide Ankylosaurous' Dura. Without that, we can't start the powerscaling.

I actually did. That very same documentary I linked goes on to describe the Ankylosaurus's shell, being similarly structured to a bullet-proof vest and being almost as hard as steel, if not on an even level as steel. That documentary was also meant to show off that bit of info. Only reason I didn't link it is because it shows up not even two minutes after the starting point in the initial link. Still, I guess that's my fault for that not being noticed.

Shell strength.

And it states "nearly impossible", which means that Ankleosauros' durability is around equal to T-Rex's bite. 12,000 pounds is a bit difficult for me to work with, but luckily I have access to a unit converter. 12,000 pounds translates to around 5.44 metric tonnes, which is about as heavy as a large car. According to the AP chart, that is large building level. Meaning that an entire Jaggi pack combined is about Large Building level. Does this sound right?

I'm pretty sure that the 5.44 metric tons doesn't line up with the AP chart. Doesn't the AP chart it go by tons of TNT?

What I did is that i took the 5.44 metric tons and converted it to Newtons with This converter, getting about 53348.17615580161 Newtons. I then converted Newtons to Joules/meter (I believe that Joules/meter is basically the same thing as joules, but correct me if I am wrong) with this converter , and I got 53348.176155802 joules, which is a slightly higher decimal number due to it automatically rounding. :/

Then I took the number I had for joules, put into a joules to kilojoules converter, specifically This one, and I ended up with up to 53 kilojoules, which is Wall Level.

So Jaggi and all Jaggi-type monsters should scale to this, I suppose?

Well, that solves the Jaggi issue. Seems the profile was fairly accurate after all. Next stop, Rathian. It should be comparable to Rathalos, but slightly weaker in all forms except Dreadqueen Rathian, which is more or less equal to Black Flame King. Any other feats you know of that we could use?

Also, I considered something about Rathalos' speed. When using its poison claw technique, it covers the disdance bewteen itself and you in a fixed time period, no matter how far away you are. The time period is about slightly less than a second. Is it possible to hack Rathalos into a really large area such as Ingle Isle and see just how fast it could travel from one end to the other?

I'm not particularly certain with the Rathalos thing.

But, fun bit here, Yian Kut Ku are known to ward off Velocidrome, which compete with Great Jaggi. It specifically states that they are fully capable of driving off Velocidrome, so it could be listed as "Wall Level, likely higher".

Oh, and the standard Rathian has more powerful fire then a standard Rathalos. I would assume that they are even outside of that, though.

K. And we can scale Yian Garuga to Yian Kut-Ku, since they prey on them with little effort. While One-Eyed Yian Garuga would be comparable to Black Flame King Rathalos.

Dd not know that about Rathian. I'll get around to redoing the Rathian profile sometime later today (probably), since it seems to be comparable to Rathalos in most ways.

I would like to take a look over at Brachydios and Agnaktor, if possible. Especially Agnaktor.

The two should be comarpable in most categories, at least Brachy being a little stronger, while Agnaktor is a little faster.

Agnaktor seems to be able to travel that fast. However, Brachydios seems to be a slower yet stronger monster. In the ecology video where they fight, Agnaktor appears to be way faster, yet Brachy gets a few lucky hits in. If we are scaling the speed, and Agnaktor is hypersonic+, Brachy can't be any more than Hypersonic.

That sounds alright to me. I would at least try to push for Hypersonic+ reactions, but I did just find something interesting not at all long ago.

According to this, Brachydios is considered the most agile Brute Wyvern. Deviljho is also a Brute Wyvern, so wouldn't it stand to reasont that, at least, Brachy is faster then Deviljho despite not actually being as strong? This could also scale back to Agnaktor, as it is clearly faster then Brachy in the ecology video, and that the Hypersonic+ could just be a notable low-end.

More Agile =/= Faster. Sure, it means that the reaction speed could be faster, but then again, it might not. Look at Nargacuga. That is one of the most agile monsters in the series, and yet it doesn't show us any incredible speed feats like the other monsters do. Sure, it's super fast, but does it have any feats? No.

Alright then. So it would most likely have a good reaction speed. For now, I guess Hypersonic+ reactions will do just fine, for now at the absolute least.

Now, if at all possible, would there be any way to judge the strength of Brachy's explosives?

Well, I'm not certain if I'll be able to find the answer on my own, so I suppose I'll just drop a request in the Calculation Request thread.

Wow, that is... An utterly massive area of effect that I wouldn't have expected from Brachy. XD

Anyway, I'll see if I can get a pixel measurement done on this. The video has a moment where we see Brachy perform such a move while we see his side, so I'll take the average size of a Brachy and comapre the size of it to the radius of the area effected.

Also, in regards to the size. The exact size of that Brachy is shown at the end of the video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back