• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Monster Hunter changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
In any case, how's it coming along? You should be able to take the general volume of a sphere formular with the explosion radius, and compare it to the already calculated explosion, but I don't know.

Well, I've made some progress, I suppose. I haven't made it to a result yet (I've been kinda busy lately), but I could at least post what I have so far so that you could give your thoughts on it, if you want.

I don't mind. You could just post it to the calculation request board again, but IDK.

Brachy best attack maybe

Brachy size for best attack

So, based on the image where Brachy is bashing his head into the ice, some of his body length isn't shown, so that is an estimate that is likely slightly shorter then it really is, but for now we'll just assume that that is it's full body length. Also, since it's head pounder/horn is where the attakc originates from, that will act as the center of the attack, allowing us to find a proepr radius.

Brachy Length - 1711.4 cm or 17.114 Meter

Brachy Length in px = 198 px

AOE radius - 394 px

AOE Diameter - 788 px

17.114/198 = 0.0864494949 Meters per pixel

0.0864494949*788 = 68.122202 Meters in diameter

68.122202/2 = 34.061101 Meters in Radius

So far, that's what I've got. :/

In all honesty, I could definetly find the volume with that Sphere formula, since I doubt it'd be hard to find a calculator for that kind of thing.

Well, I inputted the Radius into a calculator with the formula, and it seems that the volume of this explosion is approximately 166000 cubic metres. I wonder what that converts to in ToT.

Multi-city block? That sounds about right. If that's everything, I'll make the brachydios page sometime within the next few days. If there is anything else concerning you, speak up now.

Sounds good to me. It also scales to Brachy's durability, right? Since Brachy is standing at the center of the blast and is kinda unaffected by it exploding, literally, in his face. Not only that, but it's shell was made for withstanding it's own explosions, iirc

Sorry for not being able to find a value sooner. In all honesty, I still have some trouble understanding some things for calculations, either because I don't have the patience to learn or I just don't immediately get it. :/

tbh my only concern is that it seems a bit high for a 68 meter diameter explosion but the same method is alright for pretty much everything else so what do I know

Well, I assume something easy would be to look at the Elder Dragon Level Monsters, right?

It would seem that the vast majority could simply be scaled to MCB+ to solidify themselves as onpar with Elder Dragons, yet above a lower tier like Brachy.

Okay. according to BannedLagiacrus, the list of EDLM are:

All rare species, all apex monsters, all Deviants, Akantor, Ukanlos, Odibatorasu, Unknown (this is also a conquest war monster, so it is much more powerful), Deviljho, Rajang, Shen Gaoren, Laviente, Espinas, Berukyurosu, and Doragyurosu.

Out of these, the most important are likely Akantor (for which there's already a page for), Ukanlos, Deviljho (for which there's already a page, but will need to be revised), Rajang, Shen Gaoren, and Laviente. Odibatorasu, Espinas, Berukyurosu, and Dorakyurosu are fairly obscure and can be disregarded. For Rares and Deviants, those can be listed as a "Key" of other monsters. As for Apex, it can be listed in Gore Magala's profile if we ever make it.

Sound good?

Yeah, that sounds good to me.

I guess I'll dig through some more lore and stuff to see if anything good pops up, just in case. I'll report any significant findings or any bits of interest.

I just realised. We still need to upgrade Agnaktor. I guess I'll get around to it sooner or later.

In any case, if you find anything interesting, pop it down.

Well, Kushala Daora is likely around MCB+, right? It's storms can easily rip up cities, and it is more predatory then something like the Kirin. On another note, it can also keep up with the Rajang at points.

And apparently it competes with Chameleos often enough, moreso then most other Elder Dragons, so the two can also scale to eachother (Good thing for that, otherwise finding anything for Chameleos would be way too difficult).

And, as I feel as though I should make mention of this, according to ThePerpetual in the About Fatalis Thread, Kushala Daora can casually disperse storms at Mach 150.14, which apparently should scale to Attack/Reaction Speed, assuming the scaling to Rajang isn't legit in some way.

Overall, Kushala and Chameleos at least have MHS Reactions/Attack speed, and are both likely around MCB+. Does that sound alright?

Seems good, but I feel that those elder dragons should be listed slightly higher. Kushala and Teostra attack full fledged cities like Dundorma all the time. I think they'd be slightly higher than MCB, since they ARE a higher threat rating than Brachydios, which is MCB.

Even so, I'm not sure. I guess I'll report back on my findings after I fix Agnaktor.

So then maybe Small Town - Tow for Kushala and Teostra, then?

I only question if this would scale to Kushala's durability, since it can withstand it's own storms no problem... But Rajang stll threatens it's life. Does this mean it's Durability stays at MCB+, or that it is now Small Town - Tow and Rajang (And by extension, Deviljho) would scale?

Rajang is only really a threat against Kushala because it has the elemental advantage. Other than that, they'd be at approximately the same level. Does that make sense?

I believe it makes sense.

What I gathered from that was that, in terms of physicality, Kushala is MCB+, which would be higher then the likes of Brachy, but it's storms are even higher due to those being the strongest abilities it has, and it has caused mass destruction to towns and cities with these storms.

Also, I found something in regards to the Ceadeus. I found a pretty good wideshot of the island in MH3U, which was at risk of sinking had the Ceadeus gotten sreious. To me, the island looks rather big, but I can post images of the island if they are needed.

Hmm. Well, the Storms are kinda what gives Kushala its strength in the first place. Considering that they are only slightly weaker than Amatsu's storms, which could potentially rip apart people (doesn't affect the Hunter's high rank dura though), it seems very likely that with the storm, Kushala (and by extent, Teostra/Lunastra and Chameleos as well), can reach town level.

As for the Ceadeus, it would almost certainly be at island level for sinking the island. Considering that it takes quite a while for a Rathalos to fly from one end to the other with Subsonic flight speed, it most likely gives us a large enough island to work with. Although, pictures could certainly help. Exact values are always better.

Well, I'll post three pictures, then. I personally doubt that a real size for the islands cans be determined simply with the types of shots we have, but I guess having them on hand wouldn't be bad.

This is the video I viewed for these shots.

Island shot one

This image is the first one, where Rathalos is flying away from the edge of the island, and we can see a decent amount of the land that makes it up. Not too much to report with this image, though.

Island shot two

The second image here shows a good view of one of the mountains on the island, and it seems to be a sizable one at least. There appear to be more like this one on the island, only they are blocked from our current view (We'll be able to view them in the next shot).

Island shot three

This third and final picture shows more of the mountains, and other, smaller mountains in the distance. It also shows a great amount of the island in front of the Hunter. This shot is available from on the mountain in the second shot, where the Rathalos is flying towards it.

All in all, I don't know how someone could calc the size of the island and force it to sink or anything like that, but hey, it's nice to have something on hand. And, given the size of everything and how it was all easily threatened by Ceadeus, I think Island level is a distinct possibility, but I guess I could be wrong. :/

Well, it seems a bit time consuming to work out now. I think we should focus on something else, and come back later. I believe we were discussing monsters around the level of Kushala, Rajang, etc. I think that we should list them as Town level, as there seems to be various things that point toward that outcome.

Sure, I can agree with that. Although, I think Town Level is honestly the most these guys will go.

Oh, and if anything, Incinerating Blade Glavenus was stated to be an equal to Rajang and Deviljho in terms of power and such. So that's another monster that should scale to them and be affected by this, right?

Yep, that makes sense. I suppose I'll try and get around to it after I fix Agnaktor. Although, I find it harder to fix a broken page than make a new one.

I'm pretty sure if there's a direct feat like sinking an island you can list them as Island level without a calculation. Like how destroying the Moon automatically warrants Moon level even without it being calculated.

...Well that's awfully helpful. Makes it easier to assign values to monsters assuming we can't get an actual calc for them.

I just looked at that, and it looks good. I remember the previous thread putting it on hiatus for the longest time. Looks like someone remembered. I shoutout to them (also considering this is low end, this will probably means that the MH vs BB fight will be revived.).

Perhaps that thread could get revised. Sadly, however, I still think that the Hunter would be too low in terms of AP to keep the thread from being a stomp thread (Since BB was well into the range of Large Planet and all)

But yeah, luckily someone calced this. So now we will be able to give Shantien and Disufiroa a more accurate rating, should their profiles be made.

Also, I don't really mind about you being absent. If you had things to do, then you had things to do.

In any case, in regards to making the profiles, it definitely seems like we should probably focus on the Elder Dragons. The other monsters aren't really strong enough to warrant VS Battles pages, it seems. Rathalos was an exception, because it's the face of the series.

Yeah, that seems fair enough to me.

If what Xcano said is true, we can finally list Ceadeus as Island Level now. Alongside that, I've found the suitable stats for Osutogaroa, too.

Right, Nakarkos. I swear, i can never remember to call it by it's engish name. XD

Anyway, Nakarkos preys on monsters like Agnaktor, Uragaan, Lagiacrus and Brachydios. We already know how fast an Agnaktor can possibly be (Mach 14 - Mach 29), so it should likely be scaled to the higher speed of Mach 29. We already found brachy's AP, so this should scale to Nakarkos' durability and AP as well.

But one thing I find interesting is that it also feeds on Ceadeus pups, and is potentially threatened by Ceadeus in the wild, while in othercases Ceadeus do actually prey on Nakarkos. Should we ultimately accept Ceadeus as Island Level, Nakarkos should certainly be lower, but perhaps not by too much, as they are still perceived as threats to one another (Moreso Ceadeus being a threat to Nakarkos, but still).

I remember reading about this lore (well, Banned downright posted it in front of me and everyone else back when he first found it), and it seems like Ceadeus and Nakarkos scale to each other. Adult Ceadeus can defeat Narky, while Narky can beat juvenile Ceadeus. With a Ceadeus level Nakarkos, it's no surprise it was able to defeat all those wyverns.

So... Appart of the Planet level upgrade, is there any other upgrade?

And, shouldn't have The Hunter Relativistic reactions?

Well, there are several other monsers I've been looking into, such as Uragaan and Abyssal Lagiacrus, and they seem to be stronger then I once thought. I'm still looking through stuff, though, so I could certainly find something new soon.

And the Hunter should probably should be fixed to have at least Relativistic reactions, and at most FTL reactions, as there are three instances of FTL attacks in Monster Hunter that I know of. The three I know of are the Dalamadur/Shah Dalamadur "meteors", White Fatalis "Lightning", and Garuba Daora controlling light with it's crystals in order to attack the foe.

Uhh... Quick question regarding Dalamadur... I just looked over his items and such, and some of his lore, and I was wondering... What do we do with this?

This gem

His lore basically mentions how he would bring the end of the world, and his items support this, as well as imply that he would then reshape the world, including the sun. I've no idea what to make of this. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back