• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Monster Hunter Speed changes

Recently, Monster Hunter Double Cross came out in Japan. It featured a monster known as Barufaruku, or Valfalk. Valfalk has been confirmed to be the fastest flying creature in the series, overtaking Shantien, which was the previous fastest creature. Valfalk is said to be able to fly at the speed of a comet, which puts it at an average of between Mach 30 and Mach 200.

The problem with this is, White Fatalis is currently accepted as being Relativistic, for supposedly flying between the moon and Earth in approximately seven seconds. If Valfalk is the fastest flying creature in the series, therefore faster than White Fatalis, it leads to some inconsistencies. There are two possible solutions.

1. White Fatalis is downgraded in its speed value to somewhere lower than High Hypersonic, placing it below Valfalk.

2. Valfalk, and by extension Shantien, are both listed as Relativistic themselves. This isn't altogether strange, as Shantien is confirmed to be stronger than White Fatalis, and Valfalk is confirmed to be faster than Shantien. It is still open for debate, though. This also means that The Hunter's reaction speed will be upgraded to Relativistic, due to reacting to both Shantien and Valfalk.

Please place your thoughts below on which outcome seems the most realistic.

"Barufaruku have been seen all over the world as Giant Red Comets flying through the sky"

"Barufaruku is the fastest flying monster known thus far. This title original went to Shantien"

Taken from the ecological section for Barufaruku by BannedLagiacrus.

That doesn't even seem like a speed comparison, just that that's what they look like when they're moving.

Even if it doesn't reach a comet's speed, White Fatalis is still slower than it. I'm asking if we should downgrade Fatalis or upgrade Barufaruku to be faster than Fatalis' current rating.

upgrade barufaruku fatalis speed seems to be still consitent for now that means are comet dragon is just faster than fatalis.

also the only real problem with valfak is the lack of feats thats pretty much it but the scaling between them makes sens one is obviously stronger than the other but the other is clearly faster than the former

Was about to make a big thread suggesting a bunch of upgrades/revisions, but then I lost all the progress on it. figured I'd comment here since this included one of the things I wanted to address.

Valphalk is still an Elder Dragon, and should easily be comparable to Elder Dragon-level Monsters. Hellblade Glavenus, an Elder Dragon Level monster, is stated to be able to turn a mountain to ash with a single swing of its tail.

in Valphalk's case, it should scale up to White Fatalis' speed (though still be considered faster), and should have the base power of mountain level due to be comparable/superior to Hellblade Glavenus.

Should also be ntoed that there are plenty of more mountain Level feats, such as most of dalamadur's lore and Lao Shun Lung being able to bust mountains using earhtquakes.

Also I redid the speed for White Fatalis. No longer Relativistic. It is Sub Rel+ now going by this. I already posted this calc in the Evaluations thread but nobody replied.

Back