• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Monster Hunter Stories Abilities/Hax

Why do we not include Monster Hunter Stories when we are listing the Hunter's abilities? If so, why not and shouldn't the Hunter from MHS have their own profile? We include other spin off like Frontier for example so I don't see much of a reason why we couldn't include abilities/hax from Stories.

If we do decide to include them then Hunter would have the standard Power null thanks to Skill Seal, summoning of Monsties to aid him like Grimalkyns, even more ways of information analysis passive Instinctive Reactions with Evasion Instincts, passive information analysis with Observe, Barrier Creation with Barrier and much more.

https://mhst.kiranico.com/skill <- Full list here if you are curious.

Stories is very different then the main series so why not give the protagonist from that their own profile?

Here's my take:

1st) MHSt clearly shows that Monster Hunters and Monster Riders are two VERY different careers (kinda like jobs from FF) unless I'm wrong I don't think I saw any Monster Hunters use the abilities of Monster Riders in that game (nor was it implied their could).

2nd) There's no official canon in the MH franchise, so there's no problem using "spin-off" titles for supplementary material (as long as it doesn't completely break the lore, like Hunters suddenly being able to use heat vision), keep in mind Frontier is responsible for it's fair share of the lore/world building that we pull from for the MH verse's ratings on this site.

3rd) I agree the Monster Rider needs their own profile (we already use some material from MHSt already via Fatalis having the Blackblight on its profile), I can provide the reference material/feats since I've played MHSt twice however I can't make the profile since I'm awful at making/editing profile (I've read the tips too and it still doesn't work for me).

On a final note; tbh the Monster Hunter profile is missing a few things such as the hunting arts from Gen/GU, the Acrobatics ability (via the IG/Tonfas/aerial style etc) and other stuff too but that can be left for the future.

Ah, I see. I recently played through Stories ( fun game 9/10 ) and Hunters can use Riders abilities but they are very rare. The most famous Rider, Redan was a Hunter who was also a Rider.

Regardless even if we don't count the abilities for The Hunter what about the monsters? Royal Ludroth for example gets Power Null which is a great hax for it to have. So would we include the natural abilities Monsters have in Stories?

Stories kinda makes a mess due to the weird powers it gives some monsters. Also, Baby Rathalos can take on super amped monsters that should be stronger than it and wins, so...

You have to give more context to your argument than just that. Its very vague on what you mean by "makes a mess" and to address your Baby Ratha statement. Baby Ratha needs to Rider to be effectively used, the only fight where it fought without the Rider. It lost it's eye.

JoshSSJGod said:
You have to give more context to your argument than just that. Its very vague on what you mean by "makes a mess" and to address your Baby Ratha statement. Baby Ratha needs to Rider to be effectively used, the only fight where it fought without the Rider. It lost it's eye.
To be fair, that was literally it's first fight ever right after it hatched, so that one doesn't really count. If anything, shouldn't Ratha have his own Profile for being the canon Monster for The Rider that helps beat Elder Dragons and shit?

Back