• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Moon Level Rocket Racoon (MCU)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rocket should have a 5C tier for his Hadron Enforcer.

Movie statement 3:00
Guidebook statement 1
Guidebook statement 2

Proposed rating
Attack Potency:
At least Street level (Stronger than Baby Groot), at most Building level (Fought on par with Gamora. Fought the Abilisk). At least Building level with different weapons or with preparation time (created grenades capable of busting walls and a rocket launcher that could blow up small ships, his firearms should be comparable to if not stronger than that of Star-Lord's), Moon level with the Hadron Enforcer (He claimed that the Hadron Enforcer could blow up a moon, and that was confirmed by the guidebook as well)

Edit:
Since Ronan was able to tank a shot he should either:
1. Get possibly 5C durability
2. Remove likely far higher durability rating and deem Ronan tanking it an outlier.

Last edited:
No, it shouldnt be "far higher", we have 2 options, the first is agree with the feat, the second option is say that Ronan durability is outlier, each one of these options is fine, but "far higher" doesnt makes sense
Well i'm just stating what's currently on his profile

Is this what your suggesting?
Option 1: 5C AP for Rocket and 5C durability for Ronan
Option 2: 5C AP for Rocket and remove far higher from Ronan's profile

Correct me if I'm wrong, since I haven't seen the movie in a while, but wasn't Ronan amped when he got hit? If so I feel like it would fit in well with the Power Stone being in that range.

Correct me if I'm wrong, since I haven't seen the movie in a while, but wasn't Ronan amped when he got hit? If so I feel like it would fit in well with the Power Stone being in that range.
Well, yes, but it would make all characters that are amped by the power stone be 5-C, I dont disagree with it, I'm just saying that it will rlly affect the scaling chain, and it might lead in outliers to some characters

He was yes

However, it would still be an outlier, since for one, Thanos was injured while having the Power Stone, second, flat out 5-C potency with the Power Stone doesn't make much sense given how many characters survived hits from it.

He was yes

However, it would still be an outlier, since for one, Thanos was injured while having the Power Stone, second, flat out 5-C potency with the Power Stone doesn't make much sense given how many characters survived hits from it.
Thing is we never see Thanos amp himself physically with the power stone and it’s AP is variable

Thing is we never see Thanos amp himself physically with the power stone and it’s AP is variable
Why would he not be amping himself with it? It doesn't need to be visibly shown iirc and in fact, I don't think it's ever been visibly shown when someone is amping their durability with the Power Stone.

It's AP is variable depending on the size of the construct it's being used on, Ronan used it on himself to no sell a 5-C attack, meaning it would have 5-C potency against humans and human sized objects.

Why would he not be amping himself with it? It doesn't need to be visibly shown iirc and in fact, I don't think it's ever been visibly shown when someone is amping their durability with the Power Stone.
Because the stones all glow when they are being used and not once does he perform a physical fight while the PS is glowing

Ergo he isn’t amplifying his statistics with it in character which isn’t evidence it can’t do it in general (because Roman certainly does)
It's AP is variable depending on the size of the construct it's being used on, Ronan used it on himself to no sell a 5-C attack, meaning it would have 5-C potency against humans and human sized objects.
You’re assuming the AP = it’s abiluty to defend when I think the evidence is very clear it isnt

Because the stones all glow when they are being used and not once does he perform a physical fight while the PS is glowing

Ergo he isn’t amplifying his statistics with it in character which isn’t evidence it can’t do it in general (because Roman certainly does)

You’re assuming the AP = it’s abiluty to defend when I think the evidence is very clear it isnt
This is literally just another case of trying to ignore an outlier imo

But I don't care enough about the MCU to argue about it, so, do as you will.

When was Ronan amped by the Power Stone?
He held the Hammer with power stone in it, it didn't explicitely amp his stats as far as I recall.

Yo wtf there's two threads on the same thing rn.

I agree with Rocket getting to 5-C with the Hadron enforcer.

Yes, Ronan had the Power Stone when he tanked this blast. But I still believe it should be an outlier, since it would scale to Power Stone wielders like Thanos. Who pretty much every heavy hitter did some form of damage to.

Even if this wasn't some Power Stone related feat, Ronan was terrified of Thanos until he got the Power Stone, which would indicate that Thanos is still stronger than Ronan, even with Armor, which would cause the same problem.

So:
  • Rocket should be fine.
  • Ronan is an Outlier.

Yo wtf there's two threads on the same thing rn.

I agree with Rocket getting to 5-C with the Hadron enforcer.

Yes, Ronan had the Power Stone when he tanked this blast. But I still believe it should be an outlier, since it would scale to Power Stone wielders like Thanos. Who pretty much every heavy hitter did some form of damage to.

Even if this wasn't some Power Stone related feat, Ronan was terrified of Thanos until he got the Power Stone, which would indicate that Thanos is still stronger than Ronan, even with Armor, which would cause the same problem.

So:
  • Rocket should be fine.
  • Ronan is an Outlier.
This seems to make sense to me. Somebody would need to write a footnote explanation though.

@Colonel_Krukov @Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan @LordGriffin1000 @Sir_Ovens @GyroNutz @Starter_Pack @The_Impress

What do you think about this?

I know I wasn’t called up here, but I figure I can put my two cents in.

Ronan’s moon durability feat really isn’t an outlier, as far as I can tell.

(Thanos uses the Power Stone to shatter a Moon.)

Thanos only ever amped himself via Power Stone against Captain Marvel. The previous clip shows that in character, without being desperate, he goes for projectiles. (The Wave he fired, the Moon, etc.)

We also know for a fact the Stone GLOWS when being utilized, but Thanos never amps himself for fights, likely because he knows the consequence of using the Power Stone on an organic being such as himself, and would understandably have reservations about it, even though he trusted his tool to do the job (The Gauntlet.)

Which makes sense, because he witnessed Ronan use it to great duress until he forced it into his hammer. Then the power consolidated itself into the vessel, but you can see visual cues that it HAS affected Ronan physically (the light being concentrated through his body, his eyes, etc.) Thus, Thanos, whose plan would take him out of commission due to the great strain using all 6 would hold, (which he likely knew), probably wasn’t gonna chance his body being strained in some form via Power Stone ON TOP OF the full Gauntlet.

Captain Marvel surviving the Power Stone hit could be representative of two things-Thanos hand not being a good enough Vessel, (likely), Captain Marvel just being that durable, (considering Stark was able to take a few meteors from that shattered Moon, and Captain Marvel is supposed to be the most powerful MCU character to date, short only End of IW Thor, this might not be too far off, especially considering Thor was able to handle the “might,” of a star in IW. The quotes are there because he’s not really taking that much, but we clearly see the intent of a much higher bracket of MCU characters.) And neither would be continuity breaking, since CM hasn’t HAD an equal throughout the entire MCU. The most damage she’s taken after harnessing her powers is an Infinity Stone punch. No scaling is broken here.

The iron man and Thor feats you mentioned have been calculated and are tier 6 at absolute most iirc. Thanos pulling the moon was because it was a larger celestial body, as has been explained in the mcu. But yes, Thanos never asked himself with the stone, but neither did Roman as it was a surprise attack. So it's still an outlier.

The iron man and Thor feats you mentioned have been calculated and are tier 6 at absolute most iirc. Thanos pulling the moon was because it was a larger celestial body, as has been explained in the mcu. But yes, Thanos never asked himself with the stone, but neither did Roman as it was a surprise attack. So it's still an outlier.
Ronan did, though. In fact, that’s why his eyes were glowing. He was continuously amping himself if I remember correctly, the stone constantly glowing as he utilized its power.

Yeah, if there's 5-C durability with the Power Stone, then Iron Man and Thor at least would have to scale to 5-C for being able to harm Thanos while he possessed the Power Stone.

Rocket should have a 5C tier for his Hadron Enforcer.

Movie statement 3:00
Guidebook statement 1
Guidebook statement 2

Proposed rating
Attack Potency:
At least Street level (Stronger than Baby Groot), at most Building level (Fought on par with Gamora. Fought the Abilisk). At least Building level with different weapons or with preparation time (created grenades capable of busting walls and a rocket launcher that could blow up small ships, his firearms should be comparable to if not stronger than that of Star-Lord's), Moon level with the Hadron Enforcer (He claimed that the Hadron Enforcer could blow up a moon, and that was confirmed by the guidebook as well)

Edit:
Since Ronan was able to tank a shot he should either:
1. Get possibly 5C durability
2. Remove likely far higher durability rating and deem Ronan tanking it an outlier.
Yeah I agree, I said that this would be a outlier before, but I saw that the guides also stated that Ronan can tank it, I agree, yeah

Yeah, if there's 5-C durability with the Power Stone, then Iron Man and Thor at least would have to scale to 5-C for being able to harm Thanos while he possessed the Power Stone.
Only whilst he amped himself for attacks, which he didn’t DO against them. For both he resorted to projectiles.

I feel very iffy about Roman scaling in any way to 5-C, if Thanos could do the same, he would have. Especially when he realised he was close to losing a couple times in infinity war.

I feel very iffy about Roman scaling in any way to 5-C, if Thanos could do the same, he would have. Especially when he realised he was close to losing a couple times in infinity war.
He’s much smarter than Ronan though, and frequently stated he’s a bigger picture type. Using Ronan’s crude method of powering up was a last resort, as seen in Endgame.

If Thanos had any doubt in his mind that he would lose his chance to fulfil his goal, he would do anything to stop that from happening, as we saw with Gamoras case.

The fact that Thanos amped himself with the stone does not mean he amped himself to Moon level, the fact that Captain Marvel was atomized and killed instantly by that blast when Thanos is clearly uninterested in keeping anyone alive during the fight would indicate that he's not capable of amount himself that far with the stone.

He is awfully determined, sure, but you overestimate his desperation’s ability to cloud his judgement. He has SEEN what Ronan’s method can do, and the consequences of such foolish action. And thus he acted accordingly with the Stones, using them as needed. And that’s actually likely the reason he did it in Endgame, because at that moment he hadn’t, since it was prior to Ronan’s betrayal.

Also, all I’m referring to is the fact that in order to gain what Ronan did, you must amp yourself, which Thanos just didn’t do until the next film as a last resort.

If Thanos had any doubt in his mind that he would lose his chance to fulfil his goal, he would do anything to stop that from happening, as we saw with Gamoras case.
I’d argue even after Gamora there was a level of holding back

Thanos regularly shows that he doesn’t use the IG’s full capacity in combat and we see this in a lack of his more potent hax

The only time Thanos stops playing around is when his younger Endgame self sees his life’s work undone, to the point, where he changes his whole modus operandi to accommodate this

The fact that Thanos amped himself with the stone does not mean he amped himself to Moon level, the fact that Captain Marvel was atomized and killed instantly by that blast when Thanos is clearly uninterested in keeping anyone alive during the fight would indicate that he's not capable of amount himself that far with the stone.

Yeah I definitely agree Thanos’ using this doesn’t amp his attack potency to moon level, at most its a stone wall situation and even that would only come if he has a vessel for the Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back