• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Moon Level Rocket Racoon (MCU)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, if we accept this, only Rocket should get the upgrades, but it might cause too great inconsistencies with the rest of the verse, and raise neverending demands for "5-C to everyone".

What other issues would it cause? Personally, I can't think of anything else.

If people try and try to upgrade everyone to 5-C repeatedly then just make a discussion rule about it.

They are a couple of old interviews that describes the Hadron Enforcer as a weapon that fires nuclear warheads that creates contained explosions. [1] [2]

If the power of the weapon depends on the warhead loaded in, maybe the scraps didn't allow Racoon to create a moon-level warhead?

It created a smallish explosion when it hit Ronan.

But when it hit Ronan's hammer, it created a much smaller explosion.

They are a couple of old interviews that describes the Hadron Enforcer as a weapon that fires nuclear warheads that creates contained explosions. [1] [2]

If the power of the weapon depends on the warhead loaded in, maybe the scraps didn't allow Racoon to create a moon-level warhead?

These are very good points.

It may be too unreliable to use then.

After what I've read, I'm pretty sure the best options are "Outlier for Ronan" at best and "Completely inapplicable" at worst, considering the new stuff that has been brought to the table.

I personally believe it would be valid for Rocket still. Throughout the movie he seems to insist that it's stronger than the smaller explosion would point to. He claimed it would blow up moons originally, later in the movie he threatened to use it to destroy the Ravagers main ship, which is over 1km long according to outside calculations. (Which I'm inclined to believe it's on this scale given what we saw of the thing).

After what I've read, I'm pretty sure the best options are "Outlier for Ronan"
but even the guides or whatever is this mentioned that he can tank it
7612393-7254589551-DrqEuzoUcAA4DdQ.jpg

If we scale it to Ronan, there's an argument for it to eventually scale to most characters. We cant cherry pick which characters scale and which do not, if there's going to be one character scaling, there will be little reason for others to if they have feats or implications of such.

If the weapon is proven to have variable firepower, then we can say that the weapon wasn't used at its full potential (especially since scraps was used to make it along with the ammo).

I think that we have to consider it as an outlier in order to not mess up our entire scaling system based on calculations from actual on-screen feats.

Okay, let me play the devil's advocate here for a second. If Ronan does indeed scale to the Hadron Enforcer at full power, meaning he did indeed tank a Moon level blast, who would end up scaling to this?

So 5-C for Rocket with the Enforcer (doesn't mess with scaling as it's only used in Guardians), outlier for Ronan (messes with the god tier scaling)?

Okay, let me play the devil's advocate here for a second. If Ronan does indeed scale to the Hadron Enforcer at full power, meaning he did indeed tank a Moon level blast, who would end up scaling to this?
There's a decent reason to assume Thanos could scale to this. Since he's also a Power Stone user, and he didn't seem too worried even after Ronan got the Power Stone.
If Thanos did scale to this, Captain Marvel very likely would, as would many other Top Tiers like Thor, Iron Man, and more.

Hmm, call me crazy, but can we not just give the other top tiers aside from Thanos and CM a "likely 5-C" for scaling from the Power Stone? It seems like a fair compromise, and the scaling does seem like it could be viable enough...

Hmm, call me crazy, but can we not just give the other top tiers aside from Thanos and CM a "likely 5-C" for scaling from the Power Stone? It seems like a fair compromise, and the scaling does seem like it could be viable enough...
No we cant, because as everyone here was saying some minutes ago, its outlier, but nobody explains the reason to it be an outlier, but still cannot be accepted because yes

Okay, then let me be blunt to the other knowledgeable members so there is no confusion here.

Explain the exact reason why this would be an outlier.

What other 5-C feats does the verse have? If this is basically the only one then it's flat out an outlier.

And doesn't basically every single Avenger have a feat of harming Thanos or physically clashing with him in some way?

The more people that scale to a feat the more evidence is needed to support it.

Also, why would the ammo being made out of scraps mean it's weaker? Why does the size of the explosion even matter here?
It means that there is no guarantee that it is not weaker than normal or at maximum performance, due to scarcity of resources.
The size of the explosion matters because we saw the weapon being fired twice, and the size of the explosion produed is vastly different. This means that the firepower of the makeshift weapon differs between uses.

May I please see these two feats side-by-side so we all can confirm this to be accurate?

Is there an issue with using "possibly"or "likely" to scale others to 5-C?

It seems pretty strange that Rocket would be 5-C via a weapon but Ronan can't scale to it because it's an outlier despite Ronan being the one stated to tank the attack from the weapon.

So, lets downgrade Thanos to 8-B due being kicked by Spiderman
Honestly the MCU profiles look like a mess

Spider-Man has justifications scaling him to both Iron Man and Thanos and Iron Man has a justification that scales him to Thanos, yet neither are rated anywhere near him.

Regardless, as mentioned above by others, if Thanos scales to it then CM, Iron Man, Thor and others would too.

If Thanos and CM would scale then everyone else would be 5-C via scaling to Thanos and that would be a massive outlier.

Just make it 5-C for Rocket and make a note that Ronan surviving the enforcer is an outlier

Yes. Like I said, I would like to see them both side-by-side to make sure the variant power levels being proposed is accurate

The non-damaged Hydron used to directly hit Ronan is the one stated to bust moons so its potency can't be questioned, only deemed an outlier or not.

And looking at the two scenes you linked (I can't remember a good amount of the movie), the latter Hydron is clearly damaged and hardly functional until Rocket gets it working again but based on its look it's clearly not working at a 100%. That is more likely why its blast radius isn't large and the explosion doesn't look as strong, because it's being shot from a broken Hydron.

Last edited:
I agree with Dien. Plus, the second one didn't even hit him. It just shattered his hammer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back