• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Alduin eats. He resisted conceptual manipulation, which is something that Morgoth starts with and proceed to grow as big as a planet and then eat Morgoth.

Morgoth has clairvoyance that bases itself off the nature of the universe, he would know about Alduin's abilities and try to control him or corrupt him, since he has no more resistance to 4d mind powers it should likely work, also he can power drain him. He has all his previous powers to a conceptual degree so I don't think the resistance is a factor. Does he start with void?

Also He can just teleport away to avoid being eaten

Edit: I forgot alduin eats the entire timeline

Alduin is one of the few enemies who can resist Bend Will shout, a 4-dimensional mind manipulation. Heck, he literally insulted you for trying to control him. Also, Alduin starts with void manipulation, while Morgoth starts with conceptual manipulation which Alduin resist. So Alduin resist whatever conceptual manipulation Morgoth use, while Morgoth get erased.

I thought bend will was no longer high dimensional mind hax? besides the dragons aren't qualitatively higher dimensional.

Iisdude1 said:
I thought bend will was no longer high dimensional mind hax? besides the dragons aren't qualitatively higher dimensional.
No, Bend Will is higher-dimensional because of the fact that it increase your power to the point where you are able to fight toe-to-toe with Miraak.

That's just a power increase then, you don't actually have to use bend will on him to defeat him because Hermaeus Mora just kills him after your fight. Bend will has only shown to affect a large number of people from a hyperversal distance.

Iisdude1 said:
That's just a power increase then, you don't actually have to use bend will on him to defeat him because Hermaeus Mora just kills him after your fight. Bend will has only shown to affect a large number of people from a hyperversal distance.
Because Bend Will is able to increase your 4-dimensional power, which would require it being 4-dimensional. Heck, the power increase is only a side effect of you learning the word of power, so it's hard to believe that the mind manipulation, which is supoosed to be the main thing about Bend Will could be weaker. Not to mention that all of Dovahkiin's shouts are powered by their soul, which is 4-dimensional.

It is 4-dimensional in power, that does not scale to mindhax potency. the main thing about bend will is in its name, it can control anything in Skyrim, even dragons, but not Alduin because he is 4d. The dragon needs it to surpass Miraak, nothingn more.

I think the Valar tried to erase him at one point but failed, however even that wouldn't be enough to resist alduins void.

Iisdude1 said:
It is 4-dimensional in power, that does not scale to mindhax potency. the main thing about bend will is in its name, it can control anything in Skyrim, even dragons, but not Alduin because he is 4d. The dragon needs it to surpass Miraak, nothingn more.
Yes, it does scale. Why would the side effect of the shout be more powerful than the main effect of the shout? Not to mention that every single shouts that the Dovahkiin and dragons have are powered by their souls. So, Bend Will shout would still be powered by a 4-dimensional power source, so there's that.

He does have a lot of resistances yes, but Morgoth has clairvoyance that extends to the nature of the universe scaling to nessa

Iisdude1 said:
He does have a lot of resistances yes, but Morgoth has clairvoyance that extends to the nature of the universe scaling to nessa
Isnt Alduin and the Jills are beyond time ? Would Clairvoyance work ?

Because there's nothing that indicated that the mind hax increased, Hermaeus Mora never mentions it being more powerful as a result. He just says you need to challenge and surpass Miraak.

Just saying. If the requirement of the mind hax is not any diffence than the low 2-C attacks of the user and can be powered by the same power source then the user can increase the potency by charging more power into the mind hax

The valar all have a higher understanding of reality and essentially oversaw the 4d blueprint of the entire universe.

I'm not the most knowledgeable on elder scrolls either, I've only played Skyrim and oblivion

Iisdude1 said:
Because there's nothing that indicated that the mind hax increased, Hermaeus Mora never mentions it being more powerful as a result. He just says you need to challenge and surpass Miraak.
You do realise that the more word of power that you unlock, the stronger the shout is, right?

It's still power related, the description of bend will is that as it grows more powerful it can bend rocks and even dragons to your will, but is not stated that higher beings aren't immune to its power, which might be why Alduin is unaffected by it. Bend will also forces the dragons to land but not Alduin.

we dont need to debate this, Bend will is the main reason Dovah won against morgoth and we can see its higher dimensional in the threadhttps://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/2692623, there's a lot of proofs here, but i will show some specifics one.

Matt: "Dragons in Elder Scrolls are tiny shards of the Dragon God of Time, Aka Himself. They were never truly born, they just are, and always were, as immutable and immortal beings. They predate the creation of Mundus itself"m

they are lower 4-dimensional beings and cant resist bend will, Alduin laughs about this type of thing and is like a hero/god to normal dragons

Even master of Arda agreed bend will would work on morgoth, another important thing i dont think morgoth can precog alduin with his existence based on AKA,Non-linear and thu'um(there's a character able to manipulize outcomes with thu'um, nobody talks about her,but i link after some time)

Now that we have agree that Alduin can resist Morgoth's mind control, what can Morgoth actually do to resist Alduin's void manipulation?

Nothing, I was arguing that his precog would help him in this fight, then Zhepar brought up Alduins non linear existence. I'm not sure if that would matter though since morgoth also exists beyond linear time and can understand new concepts entirely.

BARFOK, Maid of Planes, who appeared as a winged human with lick-encrusted spear, had the powers of Event Denouement. Battles fought against her would always end in victory for Barfok, because she could shape outcomes by singing. Four Chimeri villages and two more Dwemeri strongholds were destroyed by her decision enforcement. Vivec had to stuff her mouth with his milk finger to keep her from singing Veloth into ruin.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:36_Lessons_of_Vivec,_Sermon_9

What can Morgoth even do with his precog? It won't tell him that Alduin resist his conceptual manipulation, the only thing that it will tell him is that Alduin will start with his void manipulation, which won't even matter because Alduin eats an entire timeline.

Back