• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Well I’ll just begin with the fact that Mori is only 8C with just regular punches. When using his actual martial arts he becomes 8B and can go up to 8A with him Jeabongchim multipliers.

Yeah he doesn't have Jeahbongchim in the first key.

What does the girl do?

This would pretty much be a fist fight? Alpha fights with a sword, but you get what i mean.

Alpha wears a slime body suit, which she forms weapons such as swords out of, she can also make a weapon out of any part of it, ie if someone snuck up behind her, she can make a sword come out of her back.

She can cause fear with a gaze, dodge things on instinct etc, but that's really relevant here, what i am curious about is Mori's sensing ability cause Alpha does abuse her stealth in combat, while fighting someone who was focused on her, he completely lost sight of her, she sneaked up on him with no bloodlust or sound.

In terms of fighting skill, all members of Shadow Garden are taught in Cid's martial which is a combo of countless other martial arts, and is on a level where centuries of training can't reach, that said not everyone has the same level of mastery over it, Beta would be the one who is most skilled in terms of martial arts as she has most accurately replicated Cid's style.

Though Alpha is still the strongest of the 7 Shadows, so she does have a good degree of mastery, and makes up for her short comings with magic. With magic she can also turns herself into mist that covers the area, she can also sense everything the mist touches, and attack basically from random/unpredictable angles while in that form, i am talking to the point that even Cid who has precog and info analysis couldn't deal with it, and had to basically brute form his way out by blowing away all the mist.

Alpha wears a slime body suit, which she forms weapons such as swords out of, she can also make a weapon out of any part of it, ie if someone snuck up behind her, she can make a sword come out of her back.
Mori's instinctive reactions should counteract this since he can counterattack his opponents just as they hit him.

She can cause fear with a gaze, dodge things on instinct etc, but that's really relevant here, what i am curious about is Mori's sensing ability cause Alpha does abuse her stealth in combat, while fighting someone who was focused on her, he completely lost sight of her, she sneaked up on him with no bloodlust or sound.
Mori resists fear manip so that's not an issue. Again, Mori's instinctive reactions should cover her stealth since he can react to things the moment they touch his skin, like kicking Bongchim Nah back despite having no time to react to his fingers jabbing through his chest.

In terms of fighting skill, all members of Shadow Garden are taught in Cid's martial which is a combo of countless other martial arts, and is on a level where centuries of training can't reach, that said not everyone has the same level of mastery over it, Beta would be the one who is most skilled in terms of martial arts mastered as she has most accurately replicated Cid's style.
Mori can copy and overcome martial arts that have been passed down from generations and took decades to master. He can even create new techniques to counter ones he's seen.

Though Alpha is still the strongest of the 7 Shadows, she does have a good degree of mastery, and makes up for her short comings with magic. With magic she turns herself into mist that covers the area, she can also sense everything the mist touches, and attack basically from random/unpredictable angles while in that form, i am talking to the point that even Cid who has precog and info analysis couldn't deal with it, and had to basically brute form his way out by blowing away all the mist.
Gaksu counters the mist since it is actively touching him and he can react to Alpha's attacks with it. He can also just blow the mist away with his kicks since they kick up very strong gusts of wind.

Epsilon, who Alpha is comparable does the exact same thing, she was completely taken by surprise, and the moment she was touched she bent her torso backwards, and then controlled her boobs (don't even ask lol), which were cut off, to go back on her chest, the last bit is Epsilon's specialty controlling stuff which has already left her body, but reacting to stuff by instinct is something even less skilled people like Rex can do

That's a fair argument.

Passed down for generations and taking decades to master, is a lot different from being the pinnacle of martial arts, that you can't reach with a lifetimes of training. I thought this would be an issue before i made it, so i was genuinely wondering if i should have used Delta, cause she has no martial art to copy, just stupidly good instincts, but that's not what's being argued here. I think Alpha's martial arts might be too much for Jin to copy, at least not instantly, however i could see an argument for him eventually being able to do it.

The wind required to get rid of the mist is, based on either the LN or WN, Cid's level of wind power, compared to a storm, a massive tornado, strong enough to send someone to the stratosphere etc, the profiles are based on the LN, so you can ignore the latter, but regardless, in story its not really something someone on Alpha's level could generate.

As for reacting to it, honestly think this would be getting into a skill debate of Mori vs Cid.... Because i can very much say not even Cid could react to it, and Cid is the same guy who is superior to Beatrix who could block an attack on impact with instinct alone even though she wasn't even aware of the attack.

Alpha's mist form is said to defy the concept of space, and bends the laws of physics, wasn't too sure what to put that as.

Last edited:
Yeah I think Mori might be underpowered for this match up. All his good abilities are in his later keys.

I wanted to match him up with Cid, but sadly their tiers don't aligned.

So looks like this match might sadly be a stomp?

Speaking of Alpha's mist form being able to defy the concept of space and bend the laws of physics, i said Cid wasn't able to react to it, but in fact the dude was able to prevent Alpha from hitting his vitals, just that that was all he could do, now that i think about it that's kinda absurd....

Also remember that people on Cid's level have info analysis and analytical prediction, yet Cid's actual sword style can't be perceived by Beatrix, who is on that level, so probably have resistance to those abilities, that's a CRT for another day i guess.

Back