• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mortal Kombat 1 Discussion Thread

Binged all of FOTMA (each episode is less than a minute lol)

i think everyone is 9-C physically, with Rain/Raiden being 8-C with Lightning, Sub-Zero being 9-A with Ice, and Quan-Chi being 9-A with Magic

there is one good feat though. is there a calc of violently fragmenting a human-shaped ice sculpture?

Shouldn't Rain be City level with Magic for flooding a city, and everyone's magic/abilities scale from that? Endings are canon this time around, aren't they?

We talked about that earlier, it's said he had to summon more magic than he typically uses. I could see a "(tier), up to (flooding tier) with magic" though
Certainly even Fire God Liu Kang's capabilities would exceed that even if that was never used against a single person in the story.

From what I can tell, the new scaling is looking something like uhhhhhhh (i'm just spitballin here, feel free to correct me)

OG Timeline:

Normal fighters scale to the mountain of 9-A/8-C feats, however they also get a 4-A/Low 2-C/2-C (whichever gets accepted) key for when their Armageddon Tower endings, when they have the power of Blaze

On the subject of Blaze, his profile is kinda... bad. He's Low 6-B without a calc. His power (when used by other fighters) can create realms (Low 2-C), creates constellations (4-A), destroyed every realm except earthrealm (2-C), tore every realm apart (2-C), merges the realms (2-C), and "shattered reality until there was nothing" (At least 2-C)

I think 2-C Blaze (and fighters with his power) is kinda obvious and consistent

Reboot Timeline:

Normal fighters once again scale to a mountain of 9-A/High 8-C feats, probably getting a 2-C/2-A key for their Titan selves from their MK11 ending

Guest characters... idk actually. They scale to the average Kombatant and then get a key for their Titan self? Since they get a Tower ending?

MK1:

Looking like, surprise surprise, 9-A to 8-C for the average fighter. 2-C/2-A for the Titans and maybe a 2-C/2-A key for the average fighter during the final battle?

Reboot Timeline:

Normal fighters once again scale to a mountain of 9-A/High 8-C feats, probably getting a 2-C/2-A key for their Titan selves from their MK11 ending

Guest characters... idk actually. They scale to the average Kombatant and then get a key for their Titan self? Since they get a Tower ending?

MK1:

Looking like, surprise surprise, 9-A to 8-C for the average fighter. 2-C/2-A for the Titans and maybe a 2-C/2-A key for the average fighter during the final battle?
How are we sure the average fighters in Armageddon aren't titans?

Reboot Timeline:

MK9 guest characters scale to Shao

MKX Guest characters scale to Shinnok

MK11 Characters full-throttle scale to Kronika... so Tier 2...

Ohhh, good question then

I was under the impression that they were mostly just randos plucked from each timeline, plus the MK1 gang, plus a handful of confirmed Titans like Havik and Kitana
I'd just say every single one of them were Titans if there are no inconsistencies present.

When Liu Kang said he was finding allies in his fight against Shang Tsung. I think he has the hindsight of not recruiting fodder non-titans into the fray.

I'm almost 100% sure everyone in that last pyramid fight are all Titan level of varying degrees, including your chosen character. They're explicitly not the mainstream timeline version since Liu Kang sends them to their own timeline, and Liu Kang says he hopes to see them again.

From what I can tell, the new scaling is looking something like uhhhhhhh (i'm just spitballin here, feel free to correct me)

OG Timeline:

Normal fighters scale to the mountain of 9-A/8-C feats, however they also get a 4-A/Low 2-C/2-C (whichever gets accepted) key for when their Armageddon Tower endings, when they have the power of Blaze

On the subject of Blaze, his profile is kinda... bad. He's Low 6-B without a calc. His power (when used by other fighters) can create realms (Low 2-C), creates constellations (4-A), destroyed every realm except earthrealm (2-C), tore every realm apart (2-C), merges the realms (2-C), and "shattered reality until there was nothing" (At least 2-C)
I’d note the endings also mention Shao Kahn has destroyed whole realms before so there’s more consistency to this and stuff like Shinnok being capable of the same as well as the fighters eventually threatening the Realms directly
I think 2-C Blaze (and fighters with his power) is kinda obvious and consistent

Reboot Timeline:

I’d say we reserve the Titan pages for characters we get confirmed variants for (Liu, Kung Lao, Kitana and Havik)
I’d say they get an “at least 9-A (scales to other Kombatants , possibly 2-C (beats Shao, Shinnok, Kronika or whoever)”
MK1:

I think Raiden could get something since he’s shown creating a construct that helps restrain Invasions Scorpion

I’d say we reserve the Titan pages for characters we get confirmed variants for (Liu, Kung Lao, Kitana and Havik)
I'd say every character you can choose in the final battle should have a Titan key, since they defeated the Titan Deadly Alliance. Although I really would like to have a confirmation who the canonical character is.

Last edited:
Even if we did decide to slap on stats for the optional titan characters at the end they wouldn't be keys for the main characters since they're explicitly different versions from othet timelines so they'd be their own profiles. Although I'm in the same boat as Hellbeast about this and think we should just stick with the ones that have a genuine presence in the story.

Even if we did decide to slap on stats for the optional titan characters at the end they wouldn't be keys for the main characters since they're explicitly different versions from othet timelines so they'd be their own profiles. Although I'm in the same boat as Hellbeast about this and think we should just stick with the ones that have a genuine presence in the story.
But Tier 2 General Shao-

I don't think there's any harm in making pages for the Titan Kombatants, they have a narrative presence because they beat Shang Tsung if you pick them

I'd also like to suggest profiles for the guys you fight while climbing the pyramid. Clockodile, Janet Cage, Female!Ermac, etc.

If they aren't confirmed to be Titans, maybe a "9-A, possibly 2-C" would work? For two reasons, potentially being Titans and beating Shang Tsung

I don't think there's any harm in making pages for the Titan Kombatants, they have a narrative presence because they beat Shang Tsung if you pick them

I'd also like to suggest profiles for the guys you fight while climbing the pyramid. Clockodile, Janet Cage, Female!Ermac, etc.

If they aren't confirmed to be Titans, maybe a "9-A, possibly 2-C" would work? For two reasons, potentially being Titans and beating Shang Tsung
Abit of a stretch to assume they aren't titans. The first thing Liu Kang brought in with the hour glass is a titan kitana followed by Kung lao, Raiden, etc.

Back