• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mortal Kombat 1 Discussion Thread

I'm not too familiar with how this is calced but it might not be AP since I don't remember a single sound based destruction feat that has molecular disintegration, could be hax for all I know. Then again I'm not an expert in sound calcs but either way this is huge
Seeing as you can make a Universal Blackhole at like 3112 Decibels or some shit, I think molecular is pretty fine.

It's basically a shockwave.

It's a different continuity, Shang Tsung is alive. It can get its own profiles though

From what I can tell, the movie duology got two sequels and a prequel. The cartoon, FOTMA, and Conquest. FOTMA is like a weird alternate convergence of all three
I know the cartoon has an volcano eruption feat for Raiden

Nope, he was surprised by magic. I dunno what Shadow Kick is though

Screenshot_2023-09-27_at_2.22.40_PM.png

I'm led to believe Shadow Kick is just a visual effect now. Johnny didn't even know that magic existed before meeting Liu Kang, and he doesn't have the green power anymore

page is meh

I think it's just special movement effects, to imitate when he had powers.

It's not like these "lines/shadows" are shown as something different or magic. Nor does anyone ever mention it.

I don't know. But from my point of view it doesn't seem like real real power.

I think we should go full scorched-earth on all our MK profiles tbh. I think remaking the verse from scratch would be easier than reworking all these bad and outdated profiles
That's practically it.

Considering we have 3 different timelines, with each one having to have different profiles.

And we still have titan versions of each character in the cast because of that final battle.

So there are a lot of profiles to arrange/create. And that's what should be the focus instead of the new scale of the mk1.

In my opinion.

I wasn't expecting anyone to agree but yeah, I think deleting everything from the games except for One Being would be ideal

It should be equal work given we'd have to split and redo all the profiles anyway

Preferably I wanna get some staff opinion here before I go to the Profile Deletion Request thread

The 2021 movie and stuff can stay, and One Being has a lot of scans and is fairly self-contained scaling wise

But everything else should probably get the boot for being a composite mess, then we can work on remaking them

Preferably I wanna get some staff opinion here before I go to the Profile Deletion Request thread
You need to sandbox all the new profiles or work on them before hand then make a crt to nuke all the current ones

Can't just shit on all of em without having new ones to cover them, especially when they're relatively good profiles

I'm on the side of deleting everything except movies stuff

Also, like I said before, I'm interested in Shang, more precisely his mk1 version (and maybe mk11, my only regret with mk1 Shang is that they greatly downplayed his magic and notably his soul magic)

Last edited:
(YouTuber voice) I spent TWO HOURS looking at EVERY MORTAL KOMBAT CALC on VS BATTLE WIKI... this is what I learned

Ok, so, original timeline;
  • Taven is like... the definition of average iirc. Everyone should scale to him, High 8-C (3.6554541 Tons)
  • There's only one speed feat lol
  • Big boys scale above Raiden's sacrifice since Onaga was barely fazed by it, Low 7-C (4.57 Kilotons)
  • As for who "the big boys" are... I dunno yet. Raiden killed himself , Shang Tsung, and Quan Chi with his blast while Onaga was unfazed by it. So Onaga, definitely, but idk who else
  • Blaze is 2-C easy. Everyone (but especially Shao Khan) can probably get an Armageddon key with a "possibly 2-C" after their new tier, Low 7-C, and then a "With Blaze's Power" key where they're flat 2-C
  • The reason for a dedicated key for Armageddon is because something happens. The wiki says "throughout the Mortal Kombat universe, the kombatants of the realms were growing too strong and numerous for the realms to handle. The warriors' powers threaten to utterly destroy the fabric of the MK universe." (this is said in the intro cutscene)
  • Everyone has clearly grown in power, and can fight Onaga AND Blaze. "Low 7-C, possibly 2-C" Armageddon keys works well imo
  • So, let's use my girl Khameleon as an example. She'd be High 8-C | Low 7-C, possibly 2-C | 2-C (Pre-Armageddon | Armageddon | Blaze's Power)
As for the new timeline;
  • Sheeva is faaairly average here. Raiden's feat may also be fairly average for the kast, so High 8-C
  • Fire God and Centrion's feats may be a bit higher than the average kombatant is capable of, so I'll leave those alone for now
  • Raiden's storm feat probably doesn't scale to physicals, and Tier 8 is far more consentient
  • Hypersonic+ scaling from Sub-Zero
  • 2-C Titans
As a side note, the hierarchy. I think it's something like this

Average Kombatant (High 8-C) < Demi-Gods (At least High 8-C) < Fallen Elder God (At least High 8-C) < Onaga/Singular Elder God (Low 7-C) <<< Blaze/One Being (2-C) <<< Titans (2-C/2-A)

Where we all did revisions for Midway MK

Seems a bit outdated (no 2-C Blaze or 8-C Taven) but a lot of it makes sense. I'll probably make a CRT after some more discussion here

Also, I did the final MK1 chapter again, this time with the narration on. The narrator refers to the members of each army as "Dark (blank)" and "Light (blank)", but refers to Kitana, Quan Chi, Kung Lao, Raiden, and Shang Tsung as Titans explicitly. I think they're the only Titans present (aside from Liu Kang and Havik of course)

It's not outdated, you should discuss Midway MK there and you missed a lot of stuff about how we scaled them based on Armageddon's stat amp from WoG

I'm on the side of deleting everything except movies stuff

Also, like I Saïd before, I'm interested in Shang, more precisely his mk1 version (and maybe mk11, my only regret with mk1 Shang is that they greatly downplayed his magic and notably his soul magic)
To be fair, he's just starting out and Titan Shang likely didn't teach him the real potent stuff because there's a chance he gets betrayed. In Shang Tsung's ending, he finds his island and the Well of Souls so he's definitely going to get some buffs when we see him next.

Ah, I wasn't aware it was still going. I'll drop in when I prepare something (though I'd very much prefer to make it it's own separate CRT, it's a lot of info and that thread has been going for a whiiile lol)

To be fair, he's just starting out and Titan Shang likely didn't teach him the real potent stuff because there's a chance he gets betrayed. In Shang Tsung's ending, he finds his island and the Well of Souls so he's definitely going to get some buffs when we see him next.
True, I just think MK11 Shang is the best in terms of sorcery, he has tons of interesting soul-related abilities plus multiple other applications like curses, lava, corpses summoning, etc. MK1 Shang is interesting to, I really they went for a more alchemist vibe with him using poisons and syringes but his magical arsenal is quite limited and they seem to have given him a focus on fire and less on souls compared to Quan Chi (I recall only one soul attack in the story and it's to absorb Dark Shao's soul), which I think is a bit of a let down considering soul sorceries are Shang's most well known gimmick (aside from shapeshifting and being an unrepentant evil backstabber)

Btw, 2 questions

1. How does Shang's ability to create skulls in terms of power on the wiki? Creation?

2. What about the MK1 tower endings? They don't seem to be alternate endings, more like "where are they now" events after the main story so I guess we can use them for profiles if we need feats and stuff (looking at you Rain)

Btw, 2 questions

1. How does Shang's ability to create skulls in terms of power on the wiki? Creation?
Application of Soul Manipulation iirc
2. What about the MK1 tower endings? They don't seem to be alternate endings, more like "where are they now" events after the main story so I guess we can use them for profiles if we need feats and stuff (looking at you Rain)
Yeah they’re canon
Odin and Zeus are low 1-C my guy.
this was before the Tier 1 upgrades
True, I just think MK11 Shang is the best in terms of sorcery, he has tons of interesting soul-related abilities plus multiple other applications like curses, lava, corpses summoning, etc. MK1 Shang is interesting to, I really they went for a more alchemist vibe with him using poisons and syringes but his magical arsenal is quite limited and they seem to have given him a focus on fire and less on souls compared to Quan Chi (I recall only one soul attack in the story and it's to absorb Dark Shao's soul), which I think is a bit of a let down considering soul sorceries are Shang's most well known gimmick (aside from shapeshifting and being an unrepentant evil backstabber)
yeah I think they’ve wanted to make him more a mad scientist so the soul stuff kinda went to Quan

Back