• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mortal Kombat 1 Discussion Thread

And this too

I'm so happy to see Baraka back and I hope this time he'll be allowed to not be the jobber king, even though this trailer surely doesn't promise well.

The redesign for Li Mei is so crazily good that i didn't even recognized her at first glance, Baraka is even more played aggressively than before, he's seems finally embraced "unga bunga" playstyle lmao

And finally, Takeda is back, and prolly the only best kombat new gen/kid that being brought back

Summary of new stuff so far

Baraka's bio
"Baraka was once a respected Outworld merchant. But that life ended in an instant when he contracted the dreaded Tarkat plague. Incurable, contagious, and the cause of severe physical deformities, Tarkat turned Baraka into a monster. He was cast out and doomed to live out his days in a colony of similarly afflicted Outworlders. When Baraka first arrived, the colony was in disarray. His fellow Tarkatans had given up and were ready to die. Their hopelessness lit a fire in Baraka’s heart. He spares no effort to better his fellow Tarkatans’ lives. He knows that as long as he fights, he will never truly be a victim."

Tanya's bio
"Chosen as an infant from Outworld’s first-born daughters, Tanya was raised by the Umgadi’s priestesses. She’s never known her birth family. As she grew older and saw other initiates wash out, Tanya feared that she would share their fate. But that fear spurred success; after many attempts, Tanya passed her trials and became a full Umgadi. Over time, Tanya became one of the order’s most trusted members. She was the obvious choice when it needed to choose a new leader for the royal family’s personal guard. As an Umgadi, Tanya is sworn to piety and chastity. That is why her bond with Princess Mileena, were it known, would cause a scandal. By following her heart, Tanya risks not only her position but also her life."

Li Mei's bio
"As her parents’ firstborn daughter, Li Mei was claimed by the Umgadi, the warrior priestesses who guard Outworld’s royal family. Li Mei’s service began with high expectations. Her early success caught the eye of the Royal family. But it all fell apart when a terrible tragedy unfolded. Li Mei was blamed for this and In the aftermath, she did the unthinkable: she quit the Umgadi. Friendless and alone, Li Mei needed a new purpose. She joined Sun Do’s constables, the Outworld capital’s rough and tumble police force. Over time, she became their First Constable. Li Mei is glad to be the capital guardian. Still, she hopes one day to redeem herself."

Baraka still the same as ever with how he uses his blades, but I'm interested in seeing what new moves he has

Tanya doesn't seem to be the evil traitor Edenian that she was back then given that Liu Kang rewrote history to remove all threats to his peaceful New Era. She also has this new kind of power where she summons disembodied hands and weapons. Still retains the crazy teleportation stuff she has in MKX.

Li Mei keeps her pink/purple magic but at the same time she has this dragon summon. Looks quite interesting

Also I want to talk about Kombat Pack 1, I'm glad they didn't go with the MCU treatment with Omni Man with the overdesigned suits. He looks just the same as he did in the comics and the animated series. Same goes for Homelander and Peacemaker, who look a lot like their face models.

Takeda looks sick with his modernized suit and blade whips, he also bears the Shirai Ryu symbol on his headband so I wonder if the Shirai Ryu still exist in this timeline or in another

Quan Chi and Ermac are back, but the designs are alright to me. Hoping to see their moveset soon

Oh and Darrius is back and he looks awesome

Last edited:
Interestingly Amp, this Takeda we seen might be the OG Takeda and not the kombat kid like we've seen, so looks like he might be the head clan of Shirai Ryu instead of Scorpion who is now afflied to Lin Kuei

Still, best Kombat Kid is back regardless, Cassie and Jacqui doesn't born yet in this new era, Kung Jin? Straight up erased from existence lmao

Still getting his a** whooped like a fiddle regardless

Do we still have Spawn page?
It's rotting in my blog posts
Is Cage ******* uo Shinnok in this
Cage is getting embroiled in the 80s mass satanic ritual panic lol
Interestingly Amp, this Takeda we seen might be the OG Takeda and not the kombat kid like we've seen, so looks like he might be the head clan of Shirai Ryu instead of Scorpion who is now afflied to Lin Kuei

Still, best Kombat Kid is back regardless, Cassie and Jacqui doesn't born yet in this new era, Kung Jin? Straight up erased from existence lmao
Yeah that's gonna be interesting, it's strange that there's a Kombat Kid without the others but it's possible that this is the founder of the Shirai Ryu when it split off the Lin Kuei.

Speaking of which, there were leaks of a story scene where there was evil Kombat Kids who were killed by Titan Kitana, so who knows who this Takeda really is

Yeah, Shirai Ryu in fact, still play a major role in any of previous game so it will be such of shame if they throw it under the bus just because Scorpion is on Lin Kuei now

About that leaks, beside the very reliable characters roster list leak, i'm not buying on that one yet

And speaking of the leaks, Reiko looks awesome
AAZ0reAAEreG.jpg
AAZ0reAAEreH.jpg

Motaro looks goofy as hell lel, he's definitely a kameo

So here they confirm that the Scorpion we see is Kuai Liang, aka Sub-Zero from MK9 to MK11. To quote Cianciolo:

"Smoke is very similar to what we've seen before. The big difference is that we are playing up the relationship he had with Kuai Liang, Scorpion, and it is taking that relationship and deepening it and fitting that into the whole brother dynamic. He is the adopted brother of Sub-Zero and Scorpion and it really levels up, sort of, their conflicts and relationships"

The chance of "Hanzo is Smoke" theory is getting higher it seems
And that's why MK1 Scorpion is way more friendly and honorable, so it is Kuai Liang

So here they confirm that the Scorpion we see is Kuai Liang, aka Sub-Zero from MK9 to MK11. To quote Cianciolo:

"Smoke is very similar to what we've seen before. The big difference is that we are playing up the relationship he had with Kuai Liang, Scorpion, and it is taking that relationship and deepening it and fitting that into the whole brother dynamic. He is the adopted brother of Sub-Zero and Scorpion and it really levels up, sort of, their conflicts and relationships"

So would the Sub-Zero tabber be renamed "Kuai Liang" in the style of Noob/Sub2021 being "Bi-Han"?

So would the Sub-Zero tabber be renamed "Kuai Liang" in the style of Noob/Sub2021 being "Bi-Han"?
Yes, that's what I'm thinking. To add to that, there won't be a page named Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Noob Saibot, etc. now that they have made it more complex, there's going to be pages like Hanzo Hasashi, Kuai Liang, and Bi-Han to replace these respectively. The disambiguation page for someone like say Scorpion could look like this

Scorpion may refer to:

Yeah I could see that, I'd note MK Conquest could complicate that though (Since Scorpion is named Takeda there)
It could just look like this, haven't seen MK Conquest but here

• The character named Hanzo Hasashi from Mortal Kombat
    • Scorpion from the Midway Era of the official Mortal Kombat video games
    • Scorpion from the Netherrealm Era of the official Mortal Kombat video games
    • Scorpion from his crossover with Injustice: Gods Among Us
    • Scorpion from the short movie Mortal Kombat: Rebirth
    • Scorpion from the animated movie Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion's Revenge
    • Scorpion from the 2021 live-action movie
  • The character named Takeda from Mortal Kombat Conquest
  • The reimagined Kuai Liang from Mortal Kombat 1
    • Scorpion from the New Era of the official Mortal Kombat video games

I just realized that the link to Scorpion (Mortal Kombat) after all the revisions from Midway to MK1 is gonna need an additional disambig

Dumb question but do we know what Jax's arms are made of? I ask because Shao absolutely crushes them in the animated movie
Not a dumb question but I honestly don't know, especially when it comes to the MK Legends movies. Least I can give about this is that his cybernetic arms are made of a metal that heats up and cools down quickly in MK11 but honestly I don't know. Probably just steel or iron, but now that I think about it there might be references to metal in his gear names in MK11, plus alternate gear that isn't thematically different is canon thanks to that Raiden vs Liu Kang cutscene in past universes

Back