• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mortal Kombat 1 Discussion Thread

REPTILE, ASHRAH, AND HAVIK!!!!!1111

Havik already has feats lmao (Class 5 LS, Type 2 Immortality, Blood Manipulation and High Low Regen), hopefully he scales to Fire God Liu lmao. And my girl Sareena is a Kameo (she looks so ******* cool). Also, cool to see Reptile not only has his people, not only has his human and monster selves represented but also is one of the good guys working for FGL. They cooked with him in this timeline and he's hot. Also, the trailer might lowkey confirm my theory Shang is behind Tarkat (notice the opening looks like the fleshpits with a bunch of Tarkatan bodies)

OMG they are all so cool!
I appreciated these new characterizations, aside from Havik, who doesn't seem as unhinged though.
I thought I wouldn't have liked movie Reptile, but he surprisingly works, and the shapeshifting makes his gameplay much more creative.
And Ashrah's an interesting character now, incredible.

Havik already has feats lmao (Class 5 LS, Type 2 Immortality, Blood Manipulation and High Low Regen), hopefully he scales to Fire God Liu lmao. And my girl Sareena is a Kameo (she looks so ******* cool). Also, cool to see Reptile not only has his people, not only has his human and monster selves represented but also is one of the good guys working for FGL. They cooked with him in this timeline and he's hot. Also, the trailer might lowkey confirm my theory Shang is behind Tarkat (notice the opening looks like the fleshpits with a bunch of Tarkatan bodies)
Nah I'm seeing Low-Mid regen from Havik bisecting himself with his torso spin move as well as forming a new arm out of thin air. Besides what you said, he also has Body Control for being able to control his dismembered parts. As for the other fighters...

Reptile: Shapeshifting (into his true Zaterran form) and Transformation (he can turn parts of his body into those of his true form) are probably his only new abilities
Ashrah: Intangibility or Teleportation? (saying this because it looks like phases through her enemy), Flight + Bodily Weaponry (her fatality with the wings of blade feathers), Fire Manipulation (her fatality again)
Sareena: Hellfire Manipulation (i know it's technically fire manip but it's worth noting), Weapon Control (boomerang sickles, looks like she still takes after Bi-Han), Shapeshifting (looks like she can freely shift between her human form and demon form unlike in the old games), Bodily Weaponry (her tail)

The non-klassic costume kameo fighters remind me that these guys have potential to appear in the story mode. We have Goro as a kameo but he appears in the story wearing the same outfit. Maybe Darrius and Sareena will make an appearance in the story, especially since these two had their realms of origin referenced in the story trailers

Speaking of Tarkat, Ashrah was seen fighting a bunch of mutants, looking closely I think these are mutated Tarkatans (if you look at the vid frame by frame, you'll see that they have a blade sticking out of their arms, plus the overall similar appearance) who are possibly Shang's experiments (mentioned by Bi-Han in one of his MK1 intros with FG Liu)

Lol what happened? I don't think a gacha game would help you either
I need to make profile 😩
OMG they are all so cool!
I appreciated these new characterizations, aside from Havik, who doesn't seem as unhinged though.
Yeah I expected mad looney tunes vibes, like an unhinged Skeletor voice
I thought I wouldn't have liked movie Reptile, but he surprisingly works, and the shapeshifting makes his gameplay much more creative.
Yeah it’s cool
And Ashrah's an interesting character now, incredible.
Defo, wish it was Sareena but she’s cool
Nah I'm seeing Low-Mid regen from Havik bisecting himself with his torso spin move as well as forming a new arm out of thin air. Besides what you said, he also has Body Control for being able to control his dismembered parts. As for the other fighters...
Let’s ******* go Havik has Hax
Reptile: Shapeshifting (into his true Zaterran form) and Transformation (he can turn parts of his body into those of his true form) are probably his only new abilities
I think it’s just transformation
Ashrah: Intangibility or Teleportation? (saying this because it looks like phases through her enemy), Flight + Bodily Weaponry (her fatality with the wings of blade feathers), Fire Manipulation (her fatality again)
I’d say Intangibility
Sareena
(i know it's technically fire manip but it's worth noting), Weapon Control (boomerang sickles, looks like she still takes after Bi-Han), Shapeshifting (looks like she can freely shift between her human form and demon form unlike in the old games), Bodily Weaponry (her tail)
Yeah she’s got good stuff and I hope she’s DLC as well
The non-klassic costume kameo fighters remind me that these guys have potential to appear in the story mode. We have Goro as a kameo but he appears in the story wearing the same outfit. Maybe Darrius and Sareena will make an appearance in the story, especially since these two had their realms of origin referenced in the story trailers
Motaro and Goro appear in story mode funnily, I also think Khameleon is there
Speaking of Tarkat, Ashrah was seen fighting a bunch of mutants, looking closely I think these are mutated Tarkatans (if you look at the vid frame by frame, you'll see that they have a blade sticking out of their arms, plus the overall similar appearance) who are possibly Shang's experiments (mentioned by Bi-Han in one of his MK1 intros with FG Liu)
Yep looks like it and we see the Fleshpits

I don't remember how Motaro appears clearly, and at this point I think it's most likely a kameo at most, but having him playable in centaur form would be amazing.

It's also a shame to have Sareena not playable, her netherrealm form might even be averagedevil.jpg, but it looks very good either way. It might clash with Reptile, since they would share the shapeshifting gimmick, but I honestly don't care.

I don't know if it's already been shown or anything, but with the focus on the movie they're giving and how they seem bent on refreshing PS2 people, I think Nitara would be a gread addition.

Speaking of MK Onslaught, it sounds like it takes place in the same universe as the Krypt? The lore for Drahmin's Mask is the same as the one in the MK11 Krypt where he was an Outworld warlord of Shao Kahn who was damned to the Netherrealm and then he escaped and returned to Shao (iirc it was to renew his loyalty?), only for Shao to eat his soul
I don't remember how Motaro appears clearly, and at this point I think it's most likely a kameo at most, but having him playable in centaur form would be amazing.

It's also a shame to have Sareena not playable, her netherrealm form might even be averagedevil.jpg, but it looks very good either way. It might clash with Reptile, since they would share the shapeshifting gimmick, but I honestly don't care.

I don't know if it's already been shown or anything, but with the focus on the movie they're giving and how they seem bent on refreshing PS2 people, I think Nitara would be a gread addition.
NRS is going to have to redesign him from the ground up in terms of gameplay to make him a main fighter. He's an unorthodox fighter if he remains a centaur in MK1, unlike that Motaro in Armageddon who was a two legged thing

If Sareena is playable and if she retains her shapeshift, then Reptile having the same thing might not be a problem since there's room for two shapeshifting characters. NRS could easily make them distinct characters, Reptile looks like he can't shift into his reptile form entirely like a permanent stance and Sareena could take that

Oh she's definitely coming

Finally watched the banished trailer (I had to go to sleep for work before they revealed it) and god Reptile looks so good, really giving us the best of both worlds for human and full lizard Reptile. Ashrah also looks really cool, always thought the concept of the character was cool but her execution in the 3D games were pretty underwhelming so hoping they really flesh her out this time (Which it looks like they're doing). Not sure how I feel about Haviks design, would've preferred if he had his old face, but his gameplay looks bonkers. Love how he rips off his own arm to use it as a weapon.

Yo so we might get a KK for Geras soon, hopefully we get some new hax there
I can't imagine what other hax will Geras have without straying away from his theme/character. Maybe he'll have more creative uses of his powers. Speaking of hax, I think Geras should have Low High regen from the scene where he was reduced to blood puddles in MK11 by Cassie's grenades and her certified forklift driving skillz.

Speaking of hax, I just thought of something about Kenshi's most interesting variation, Possessed Kenshi. So I learned that Kenshi is literally possessed by the demons released from his broken Sento. Knowing this, what if Kenshi could theoretically gain Type 4 and Type 7 immortality based on the amount of spirits left to possess him? If Kenshi dies, his demons could just possess his body and continue fighting until there's no more demon spirits left. What do you all think?

I can't imagine what other hax will Geras have without straying away from his theme/character. Maybe he'll have more creative uses of his powers. Speaking of hax, I think Geras should have Low High regen from the scene where he was reduced to blood puddles in MK11 by Cassie's grenades and her certified forklift driving skillz.
I could see him using Time to reflect attacks, either way it’d be cool to see if he gets Acausality or something
Speaking of hax, I just thought of something about Kenshi's most interesting variation, Possessed Kenshi. So I learned that Kenshi is literally possessed by the demons released from his broken Sento. Knowing this, what if Kenshi could theoretically gain Type 4 and Type 7 immortality based on the amount of spirits left to possess him? If Kenshi dies, his demons could just possess his body and continue fighting until there's no more demon spirits left. What do you all think?
Hmm interesting, I could see it working but idk

also I think they’ve leaked the new Mode for MK1

I could see him using Time to reflect attacks, either way it’d be cool to see if he gets Acausality or something

Hmm interesting, I could see it working but idk

also I think they’ve leaked the new Mode for MK1
Yeah I saw the Invasion mode, other than the name and a new singleplayer mode, there's not much known about it. But this is quite exciting

He seems to be a friend and advisor to Liu, unlike Kronika whom she served as her enforcer only. IIRC she shut Geras up when he tried to warn her about Shang in Aftermath. He was just a puppet to her.

Also he's a good guy and good guys always win in MK. Even if they die, they still score a respectable amount of fights.
I rather see Geras a true neutral guy, he's friendly but know how to cut them some of slack based on his dialouge on the trailer

REPTILE, ASHRAH, AND HAVIK!!!!!1111

The enthusiasm on Havik reveal show that how much an fan-fave he is, also funny that both Reptile and Havik shown so many abilities in just one trailer
As for him scaled to top tiers, wait for Takeda and we might get the scaling lel

Kinda bummer that Ashrah doesn't have her hat

Hopefully we can use it to wank the verse
I get your excitement but with how big this mode seems to be, maybe there's no need to wank the verse when it might be abundant with lore. It seems to be a seasonal thing so expect fresh lore and potential upgrades more than once
The enthusiasm on Havik reveal show that how much an fan-fave he is, also funny that both Reptile and Havik shown so many abilities in just one trailer
As for him scaled to top tiers, wait for Takeda and we might get the scaling lel

Kinda bummer that Ashrah doesn't have her hat
Yeah he is by far the most requested 3D era fighter, the MKX comics most certainly contributed to his popularity and introduced to many MK fans what he was in the 3D era games and turns out he was a well designed fighter among the heap of obscurity and so-so in those games.

So I watched the latest Kombat Kast with Smoke, Ashram, and Geras, the first two don't have anything new but Geras is insane. He can use his intangibility to ignore projectiles as he walks towards you, he can attack you while he's intangible/regenerating, he can clone himself, and last but not least he has a ZA WARUDO where he stops time and summons a clone of himself like a stand (similar to Kenshi's puppet, but Geras' lasts shorter) but he only gains this situationally with the weird hourglass gimmick he has

Geras without Kronika is like he's unleashing his full true potential holy smoke those showcase

Looks like Havik and Reptile will showcase more of their bs if they get presented on next kombat kast

Yeah if those are true we have some interesting scaling such as Geras + Kronika + Cetrion being = Fire God Liu Kang, something kinda supporting my idea that Fire God Liu isn't incomparably stronger then characters like Shao Kahn or Raiden

Also could we justify having images split up like the MCU pages. So for Liu it'd be Human (MK9, MKX, MK11), Revanant (MKX, Dark Emperor, MK11), Fire God (MK11, MK1) or for Raiden it'd be Base (MK9, MKX, MK11) and Dark Raiden (MKX, MK11). Sub-Zero might be trickier but I think it'd work for everyone

Last edited:
Yeah unlike the rosters leak, this particular leak is likely fake, and while there is Cyber Smoke screenshot, that might be likely edited since the name below his health bar is just "Smoke" instead of "Cyber Smoke", and the design is too classic since all of the playable chars here are heavily modernized while the Kameos are mostly in their classic designs, which mean the screenshot are just Sektor/Cyrax swap color and add the smoke effect

Yeah unlike the rosters leak, this particular leak is likely fake, and while there is Cyber Smoke screenshot, that might be likely edited since the name below his health bar is just "Smoke" instead of "Cyber Smoke", and the design is too classic since all of the playable chars here are heavily modernized while the Kameos are mostly in their classic designs, which mean the screenshot are just Sektor/Cyrax swap color and add the smoke effect
Honestly I think it’s just a skin

Back