• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mortal Kombat: Quan Chi & Shinnok's Regenerationn?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
Quan Chi has Regenerationn High-Mid which means he can regenerate from being blown to pieces.

Shinnok has Regenerationn Low Godly which means he can regenerate from his disembodied consciousness or another realm.

I don't know the games where they preformed these type of regen but isn't this contradicted in Mortal Kombat X where Scorpion killed Quan Chi by cutting the top half of his head off and Shinnok being shown bodiless with only his head remaining and being held by Radin and didn't regenerate?.

Yes I know Shinnok was still alive but that would give him Immortality Type 2.

If they do have that type of regen, which game takes priority over the other.

I am personally uncertain, but would appreciate input from the community.

Well, unfortunately I do not know enough about Mortal Kombat to be of much help.

@Ant Don't sweat it, I'll just ask some of the supporters of the verse to check the thread out.

Quan chi i'm not too sure about that never seen the regen part tbh and you are right on X where he did die from a head chop

Shinnok is a former elder god so i guess low godly when he was an elder god? I mean he did scale before he fell and in a mortal body i guess type 1 and 2 exists for him though not too sure

Professor Voodoo is a lot better in MK than I am but right now i'm saying this from memory hope it's correct and it helps

I have asked God-King Superman77 and Professor Voodoo for input.

High Mid Regenerationn for Quan Chi is ridiculous as he has never regenerates from being blasted into pieces. The Low Godly regen only applies for Shinnok's god form and not his mortal form.

PS: I think the High-Mid regen on Quan Chi's page comes from the OBD.

@TISSG7Redgrave In MK X after Scorpion became human he hunted down Quan Chi who had be captured by Earthrealm Forces and brought to their base. Scorpion finds him and after some talking he drops Quan Chi to his knees the cuts the top half of his head off, then Shinnok shows up and takes Divora (the bug lady) with him and leaves Quan Chi (Who died)

I finally found my old thread about this topic.

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/412036

Professor Voodoo told me Quan Chi might have regenerated from Raiden's suicide bomb attack in Deception.

Also as you can see I ask the same thing but instead of Shinnok I asked about Shao Kahn's regen which is Low Godly also. I thought he would have died from Lu Kang's punch but Professor Voodoo cleared that up with that Quote from Khao Kahn in MK 9 and he also mentioned that was Shao Kahn's restricted form.

Since MK X would be more canon in a sense over Deception I propose we get rid of Quan Chi's regen and add "In his Unrestricted Form" for both Shao Kahn and Shinnok next to their regen so no one gets confused.

Keep in mind i never confirmed Quan Chi having regen (it was just the best explanation i could think of since so many people came back for Armageddon)

As for Kang's heart punch, Kahn was most definitely restricted, given that when Kahn got serious (read: decided to start merging realms), he was able to tank a full blown Elder Gods blast in a similar spot to where Kang heart punched him.

As for the regen, i agree that it should be cleared up that it only applies to Kahn/Shinnok/etc's unrestricted modes.

@Professor Voodoo & God-King Superman77 So, what solution do the two of you suggest?

I could do the changes if that's ok?

The changes are.

1. Quan Chi loses his regen

2. Shao Kahn, Immortality (Type 1 in Restricted Form) (Types 1, 3 and 4 in Unrestricted Form), Regenerationn (Mid-Low in Restricted Form) (Low-Godly in Unrestricted Form)

3. Shinnok, Immortality (Type 1 and 2 in Restricted Form) (Type 1, 2, 3 and 4 in Unrestricted Form), Regenerationn (Low-Godly in Unrestricted Form)

This should clear up what they have and don't in their restricted and unrestricted forms

Okay. Feel free to perform the changes then.

I have finished the changes so this thread can be closed.

Note: The reason Shao Kahn doesn't have Immortality Type 1 on his page is because he dose age just very slowly and when he absorbs souls he slows his age down more so he would only have Longevity in his Restricted Form.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back