• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Most boring fights to actually watch

This isn't about how interesting who would win the fight would be, this is about what fights would be the most boring to actually watch. For example,

Chuck Norris vs Composite Slenderma: Chuck slowly and violently coughs out all of his blood and organs due to numerous 4D passive hax by Slendy (Namely Sigma Radiation) while Slender desperately tries to escape until this ends because of Chuck's 4D passive conceptual fear hax, but can't because Chuck won't let him escape due to his Immeasurable speed and personality but does nothing to Slenderman since the latter is multiple infinites stronger.

Golden Freddy vs Baldi:

Either Goldy just outhaxes or he sits there. Either way, it's boring, but Goldy sitting there means Baldi just stands and waits for him to get the notebooks.

I mean..."Lilithmon Sighs" would be a legit vote that would in fact be an in character move...

Who shoots first battles would be dull to watch. It's over in just a few seconds with the fight boiling down to who uses their instant win hax faster and as a result barely anything happens.

Cant harm/kill each other Incon fights, watching a fight between characters who cant do anythig to each other would get boring really fast.

Those scenarios remind me when I installed multiple mods for Minecraft just to see the OP mobs fight each other.

... Needless to say, it wasn't as entertaining as I thought it would have been. Sometimes both mobs would have even one-shot each other.

Anyway, dull is a matter of perspective really. I personally see more excitement over Overlord's Battle of Katze Plains or Death Note's anything then any fight in Dragon Ball, even though the first is a stomp and the second has literally no action.

Yobobojojo said:
Anyway, dull is a matter of perspective really. I personally see more excitement over Overlord's Battle of Katze Plains or Death Note's anything then any fight in Dragon Ball, even though the first is a stomp and the second has literally no action.
Exactly, from my perspective all three of those things bring me excitement.

The real cal howard said:
@Yobo. I wanna know your reasoning behind that. Not out of disbelief but out of curiosity.
Battle of Katze Plains in Overlord was essentially just Ainz Ooal Gow deciding to get off his ass and actually do something. That alone would have made it worth it, but a big part of it is how well it's written, and the reaction of the army he fights. It's doesn't need to have a major clash, because it's not that sort of battle, but seeing the reaction to and aftermath of the incident is actually the best part, and gives a sense of anxiousness.

Death Note is filled with little turns and tricks that you don't ever see coming. Even after the death of certain characters, there are backups overlayed on top of failsafes, and it really keeps you on the edge of your seat.

Dragon Ball has had martial arts, yes, but at its core is just combat and a raw power spectacle. Compare that to something like JoJo, where every detail of the fight is a life or death situation, and characters regularly have more then one trump card that goes beyond a "power boost that could endanger my life" and you have something with a bit more depth in acts battle. That's also why I personally prefer Hamon over Stands, because while stands can be highly versatile, Hamon had tricks and ways it could be taken advantage of and evolved.

That's just me though.

iirc Araki switched Hamon to stands cause he felt like Hamon had basically been explored to death with Joseph's creativity using up the last trickles of what was left that was new that the characters could do with it. On the other hand, Stands have all of the things you said Hamon had. Not only are stands highly versatile, but they have tricks and ways they can be taken advantage of and evolved.

DragonEmperor23 said:
iirc Araki switched Hamon to stands cause he felt like Hamon had basically been explored to death with Joseph's creativity using up the last trickles of what was left that was new that the characters could do with it. On the other hand, Stands have all of the things you said Hamon had. Not only are stands highly versatile, but they have tricks and ways they can be taken advantage of and evolved.
Eh, it's just my opinion. Yeah, they're hella versatile, but one person always only has one stand. Also, IIRC, it was because they weren't directly dealing with Pillar Men or Vampires by that point more then anything.

Back