• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Moving Celestial Bodies Revision

Catalyst75

The longest serving member

Looking at the information presented here, it is understandable how the conclusions were reached. On the other hand, there is something I think should be taken into consideration when discussing things that affect celestial bodies within speeds below the speed of light.

When it comes to "moving a solar system", you don't necessarily need to take into account all the matter in the entire star system. Because the celestial bodies in a star system are gravitationally bound to their star, you only need to alter the trajectory or velocity of the star for the rest of the star system to follow suit in the same direction.

I am presenting it here, because I wonder if there are any feats that might be affected if this were taken into consideration.

I think it would be specified regardless since most fiction doesn't take this into account. Unless there's a "he moved the solar system" feat without elaboration that I'm unaware of.

Back