• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Multiplier standards clarification

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, he is very busy IRL currently, so it is better if somebody else summarises what he has said here previously.

What he said here previously is simply, for larger multipliers, the boost needs to be supported by the plot
also my previous view on it is still the same
Verses should also have a feat outside the multiplier that is close to the said multipliers.
I mean if a verse only feat was Country level and through stacking of multiple multipliers throughout the series, they could get to Planet level without an actual showing of anything even remotely close to that, that brings up an issue.
And such things should be brought under closer review to ensure they are valid, the same goes for Speed multiplier stacking

What he said here previously is simply, for larger multipliers, the boost needs to be supported by the plot
Yes, that seems sensible to me.
also my previous view on it is still the same
Verses should also have a feat outside the multiplier that is close to the said multipliers.
I mean if a verse only feat was Country level and through stacking of multiple multipliers throughout the series, they could get to Planet level without an actual showing of anything even remotely close to that, that brings up an issue.
And such things should be brought under closer review to ensure they are valid, the same goes for Speed multiplier stacking
I am not sure. It depends on how canonically explicit a multiplier is.

Which staff member think what here so far?

I don't feel like the OP has a solid stance

People will freak out over a 100x multiplier and then say it's inconsistent and unsupported, and then also be ok when a 7-C character has a 7-A transformation based on calcs and feats. Even though the difference between 7-C and 7-A is like 1000x. So like, I don't get what the OP is trying to argue. Via multiple characters in a row using a multiplier, you can easily have a gap be over 100x.

Frankly I would need a lot of evidence that debunks a multiplier to completely discredit a statement like "I'm at 1% power" or "This form makes me 100x stronger"

This thread is not all extremely old, but it was supposed to just clarify what an existing standard was supposed to mean and devolved in debating whether the standard should exist... it should honestly just be redone at a later point, so I will close it for now.

Btw. since people wanted an example, I may as well give one for now. See here for Kamen Riders upscaling a 25 megaton feat to 312.5 Terraton (and x6 to x11 higher for the finisher) by repeatedly staking multipliers. That's a 12.5 million times increase from City to Large Country level. Stuff like that is what I would doubt without evidence beyond "but A damaged B a lot".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back