• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I wasn't really serious. Although, on his page it is twice specifies that his look drives insane only mortals.

This seems like an inconclusive, Discord cannot finish him off while Cthulhu cannot finish Discord off. Making a reality warper such as Discord insane is a bad idea, he'd try to existence erase first thing and bombard him with his other abilities. It's either inconclusive or Discord takes this (Cthulhu's insanity will just make Discord go ballistic on him which is the first fight that an enemy can get his ability backfired...)

Edit: Discord should take this despite going insane, Cthulhu would just become his stress ball after a while.

So what stops Discord from reality warping him into an inanimate object? Is it because he lives in some higher dimension? Ok? Cool? That stops getting reality warped.....how? Is it because of his regen? Well that's bullshit. I can't think of one fiction that treats regen as a counter to being warped into confetti and if there are, Cthulhu is absolutely not an entity that follows this logic to my knowledge.

Why are we assuming Discord would go on a rampage post mind ****? What stops him from being rendered catatonic by it? There's more than one way to go crazy, whose to say he won't just collapse into a shivering ball?

The Wright Way said:
Why are we assuming Discord would go on a rampage post mind ****? What stops him from being rendered catatonic by it? There's more than one way to go crazy, whose to say he won't just collapse into a shivering ball?
From what I've read of the Mythos (admittedly not a ton, but it included a few Cthulhu tales), collapsing into a shivering ball, committing suicide, and just becoming too paranoid to do anything seem to be some of the more common reactions.

Says who? Godly regen only happens when your body is completely destroyed. Prove it.

Your soul leaving the body and creating a new one

And where is the proof the soul will leave the old body and create another? I'm sorry but that sounds like a literal ass-pull. Who the hell came up with that idea and what was their proof of this? Name a single godly regen character who has countered transmutation that way. Then prove you can apply it to the Chtlhu or however you spell it.

Isn't his soul already out of his body in a higher dimension? That's what Type 9 means, "Characters whose true selves exist independently from the plane where they can be killed", so his higher dimensional self can just make a new body. He could also just shapeshift back depending on how good his shapeshifting is.

Yeah, but would he? Just because he can it doesn't mean he will. I don't need to point out that in character is a thing do I? MLP is especially a huge victim of this ironically.

He either uses his soul to grow a new body or he doesn't. IIRC bloodlust doesn't change how you fight, just makes you want to kill or defeat the other guy. Doesn't make you smart with your powers.

Bloodlust means doing anything to win. Including growing a new body when needed. That's common sense.

Anyways, what exactly is stopping Discord from curling into a brokrn, sobbing mess right away exactly? He has no resistance to mind manipulation.

The Wright Way said:
Bloodlust means doing anything to win. Including growing a new body when needed. That's common sense.
Anyways, what exactly is stopping Discord from curling into a brokrn, sobbing mess right away exactly? He has no resistance to mind manipulation.
Well in that case, would it make a character who almost never uses probability manipulation in a fight use it? Just as a pure theoretical? Since they're doing anything to win? Because I've been told bloodlust doesn't make you use powers or tactics you never use. Just making sure. Again, basing this stuff on what I've been told.

If you think it will help you win, you will use it. If you don't use something out of lack of knowledge or genuine stupidity you still won't use it, but as long as you think it will let you win, you'll use it.

You said it "doesn't change how you fight". It does, drastically, when you're bloodlusted, you only care about defeating the enemy, and will have no inhibitions preventing you from doing anything and everything you can to defeat the enemy.

Then I have been horribly mistaken on bloodlust for quite some time. At least I know Discord will actually use his better hax if we bloodlust him. Probably not helping him here if he doesn't have means to deal with Chtulhu, but good for future fights I guess.

He could probably powernull him. Or send him into his own realm where Chtlhu's powers would stop working due to the lack of logic (worked on Starlight in a book). Might not stop his Higher-D self but it could net an incon.

I'm pretty sure if Discord retreats to his realm Cthulhu would follow him. Besides, even if Cthulhu's soul exists in a higher dimension, the body he uses to take over Earth doesn't.

Paulo.junior.969 said:
Lightbuster30 said:
Um, I don't think thats how it works.
It is.
No. it's not. Being able to create geometry that doesn't make sense to humans is not the same thing as being so illogical and senseless that it literally shuts down someone else's powers. Not by a long shot. Prove it works that way. Don't just assume it does.

Cthulhu's mere existence is so illogical and senseless that it literally shuts down someone else's sanity, his geometry is is impossible and all wrong, and his full physical form is on another plane of reality entirely.

Messing with logic on a 3-D scale isn't really going to do anything, since Cthulhu already defies that logic normally just by being there. He makes so little sense that literally thinking about him makes you go insane.

If cthulhu can regenerate from transmutation, then Discord wouldn't be able to do anything to stop cthulhu. However, no matter what, cthulhu wouldn't be able to do anything to discord. Remember that this is a guy that can break himself apart at will. Cthulhu rips Discord in half, and he puts himself back together. Also, the madness only affects mortals, which Discord is not. I say stalemate.

Back