• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

+ before Garaki, AFO probably took other life force or longevity quirks. If he had a quirk like Rikiya's, he would be able to suck away people's life force or vitality.

I don't think the doctor can steal quirks himself. Only AFO can do that. The doctor can only duplicate quirks with science.

Wow, that manga chapter

So good
The art poppped off hard absolutely can’t wait for this in anime form, hope Bones go all out with the music and animation.

Deku talking about villains he just put down vs villains with no second thought while thinking of gentle and La Brava was great giving slot of characterization and development for Deku.
It’s done without it feeling like Talk No Jutsu because Deku in the back of his mind thinks shiggy should probably still be killed he’s not saying forgive and forget. Which is good I was worried it would go down that path and thankfully it didn’t.
Also the focus on one for all and the meaning along with the use of said power is another good reason Deku couldn’t have been like Batman fighting shiggy with gadgets without the themes and story having to be immensely different.
Nana’s dialogue this chapter was on point and I like her a lot now.

I may even like this chapter over the brief Toya flashback stuff

Last edited:
The Toya flashback stuff was good, but I wasn't a fan of how many chapters they stretched it for. Iirc it was like 4-5 if you include the brief stuff when Machia showed up at the battlefield all those chapters ago.

The whole chapter was literally about Deku saying he will try to save Shigaraki, but he fully acknowledged that Shigaraki was a murderer and that when it comes down to it, he may have to fight him regardless and that he may have to kill him, he's just saying that instead of resolving himself to try and kill someone, maybe he can try and save him instead and reach a peaceful conclusion

That doesn't make Deku naive, he's being consistent with his character and trying to see if he can reach Shigaraki another way fully understanding that that specific method may not end up working out

I honestly don't see this ending in Shigaraki being spared. The dude's a mass murderer. If he get's spared he's just gonna go to prison until he dies. This either ends in jail forever, or Shigaraki dying. I don't see it going down any other way. Then again... the writer is Horikoshi so it's hard to say for sure.

I think it ends with Shiggy dying for certain but he will probably get some closure before that.

I think Hori made Shiggy too powerful to survive, first with his decay now threatening cities and then near All Might level stats even when quirkless. At least quirks can be dampened and monitored in places like Tarturus which isn't the case for Nomu-fication. Quirks can be erased by quirk erasing bullets unlike Nomu-fication. Probably only Eri can undo that in-universe.

Low 6-B All might and 7-A Machia nah
Those calcs are practically completely invalid
They're no less valid than the calcs here though. I'm definitely not going tell anyone what to think and how to do their calcs or what to believe, but I've also found some of the calcs here to be fairly questionable…without naming any specific examples I've noticed some characters being tier 6 5 4 and even 2 even though these characters may be unable to knock down a steel door or lift a boulder etc or another thing that bothers me are calcs based off game mechanics etc seems like there's a lot of unwarranted wank in some calcs and anti-wank in others. The only reason why it doesn't bother me too much is because calcs here are done by a bunch of different folks while Death Battle calcs are basically done by the same people, so I can't expect everyone here to do their calcs the same.

Of course there's some things in Death Battle that are also questionable so I wouldn't give them a pass either. I wouldn't blanket statement and say "Death Battle calcs are objectively better than calcs here" and would rather take them on a case by case basis.

I've noticed some characters being tier 6 5 4 and even 2 even though these characters may be unable to knock down a steel door or lift a boulder etc
Destructive capability is not always linked to say lifting capability ... Some characters are also Hax heavy in their powers

Destructive capability is not always linked to say lifting capability ... Some characters are also Hax heavy in their powers
I understand that but at the same time there are calcs that get wanked based off of game mechanics or heavy misinterpretation.

Horikoshi seriously is like:

giphy.gif

I couldn't control myself and saw the leaks. Not nearly as explosive as you all are hyping it up to be

Last edited:
I couldn't predict this at all. Hell, I never saw someone predict this before. Just endless theories about all the students running overseas or something.

I have yet to see someone truly predict anything that happens in this series for a VERY long time. Ever since All Might didn’t die vs AFO, so many guesses or predictions have been curved by Horikoshi going all out.

No one predicted how any of the fights or plots in Overhaul went down

No one predicted what happened in Deku vs Gentle or how important that fight was

No one predicted Hood

No one predicted Endeavor’s vehement search for repentance and becoming a true father

No one predicted MVA and literally everything the League accomplished in that arc

And most certainly, not a SINGLE person predicted what went down in this war arc from start to finish.

This next chapter just further goes to show how little we know of the processes behind his mind and where he’s taking the series. Nothing but straight flames coming from Horikoshi at all times.

Deku is an absolute beast of a character, and how the situation between him and Shiggy has now flipped is beautiful

Yeah, the war arc was really ridiculous in terms of twists and turns. Every week we would think the heroes were winning, then villains were winning the next, then heroes again.

I for one did not expect the students to succeed in taking down Machia. There was a huge cost but they still did it.

And while I knew the Dabi reveal was coming, I couldn't tell exactly how it would go.

Yeah, the war arc was really ridiculous in terms of twists and turns. Every week we would think the heroes were winning, then villains were winning the next, then heroes again.

I for one did not expect the students to succeed in taking down Machia. There was a huge cost but they still did it.

And while I knew the Dabi reveal was coming, I couldn't tell exactly how it would go.
for sure and likely a lot of vigilantes are gonna appear.

Already had a time skip, it was a week or 2 at most. We’re now in April from Late March during the war.

I highly doubt Horikoshi is going to do a “Insert long time skip here.” We’ve been time skipping all over the place for a while in the Manga, so we’re probably going to focus on what Deku is doing right now for quite a while before we get another skip.

Idk of he’ll do a large time skip for the supposed “part 2” of MHA, but we’ll see

Also, I love how right now is the perfect time for either Deku or Shigaraki’s ideals to be realized. Heroes and Villains are fighting openly in the streets of the whole country while civilians, those that aren’t fighting back themselves, are just getting out of dodge.

This is the REAL war now. This is the malleable form needed to push society into a new era. Either Shigaraki takes hold and destroys everything to see what lies beyond, or Deku grasps it and saves everyone to show them a brighter future.

It is about to get crazy

Fan Translations are out
When it means the Beginning of the End, I wonder if it means the end of just My Hero Academia or the end of the entire Story, Deku leaves his academia means a lot

I can see three scenarios happen
1. My Hero Academia ends with Shigaraki and AFO's defeat and we get a sequel
2. My Hero Academia ends on a TBC without Shigaraki and AFO being beaten and there will be a sequel
3. My Hero Academia ends with Shigaraki and AFO's defeat and that's it

Back