• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

How does Deku still have his arms?

Honestly, I think that between his unlocked Quirks, and use of 30-45%, Deku can probably take Muscular Mid-High Diff.

How does Deku still have his arms?

Honestly, I think that between his unlocked Quirks, and use of 30-45%, Deku can probably take Muscular Mid-High Diff.
As we can see from the bandages, they’re probably absolutely destroyed when it comes to combat. Don’t think Horikoshi would make him have those without harking back to how damaged they already were. He might be able to use them for simple things, but his punching days without gear helping him are over.

Muscular is like a super jacked Rhino to Deku’s Spider-Man. When he goes serious with his muscle fibers, Deku probably can’t hurt him at 30-45%, but if he plays around him and hits him where he isn’t protecting himself or tires him out, he’s got it.

As we can see from the bandages, they’re probably absolutely destroyed when it comes to combat. Don’t think Horikoshi would make him have those without harking back to how damaged they already were. He might be able to use them for simple things, but his punching days without gear helping him are over.

Muscular is like a super jacked Rhino to Deku’s Spider-Man. When he goes serious with his muscle fibers, Deku probably can’t hurt him at 30-45%, but if he plays around him and hits him where he isn’t protecting himself or tires him out, he’s got it.
It depends on how powerful Horikoshi thinks 30-45% of One for All is. Because unlike the rest of One for All's percentages? It could actually be 30-45% of his strength. If the recent War Arc is anything to go by.

Our only frame of reference for Muscular’s speed is him bullying 5% with no effort while playing around and saying he’s “pretty quick,” which could just be in reference to other people he’s fought.

Muscular could very well be Hypersonic too.

It depends on how powerful Horikoshi thinks 30-45% of One for All is. Because unlike the rest of One for All's percentages? It could actually be 30-45% of his strength. If the recent War Arc is anything to go by.
I suppose in a situation where Horikoshi considers 30-45% to literally be a percentage of the strength 100% is, he’d be matching Muscular very handily and the fight would be pretty awesome.

I actually wonder if Muscular has gained any new insight or abilities with his quirk since losing. I take him for a guy that trains a lot to never lose.

Shouldn't Deku run circles around Muscular with 30% speed?
Probably. 5% had little to no trouble keeping up with him. It's just that his attacks were a lot stronger. 30-45% would run circles around him while blindfolded with Danger Sense and Black Whip to aid. Muscular doesn't stand much of a chance against Midoriya anymore.

Yeah, Muscular considered 5% quick. Current Izuku blitzes. Combined with Danger Sense? Lol forget it.

Horikoshi probably views 45% as ...uhhhhh half of 100%. So narratively speaking, if they fought, Muscular would take dozens of hits in an extended fight, but would eventually go down.

As for others he's fought before, Current Deku would negative diff Stain, and Gentle together.. Base Overhaul gets-Low diffed. UI think 45% Deku vs Monster Overhaul would be an interesting battle to see though.

I think Muscular could amp his speed if he simply focused more on muscles relating to speed a movement, instead of combat. I wouldn't be surprised if he could hit hypersonic from enhancing his fast twitch muscles or sumething.

I'm also hoping the bandages are a repurposed full gauntlet from Two Heroes. I will literally die of joy if their color scheme is revealed to be red or that Melissa built them to support Deku's arms. Also Deku's arms look significantly thinner right now so I think they won't be of much use for a while.

Well, officials hit. Hype cannot be contained as we head into this last act.

Also, I found my new profile pic
I wouldn't say it's the last act. There's still a lot of stuff that needs coverage. Like the One for All users and their complete discrete history, Midoriya and 1-A becoming heroes, and most importantly-

Who the **** is Midoriya's father?

You're gonna need a few hundred chapters to cover all of this while having it at a decent pace.

I feel like everything is getting set in place for Deku and crew to ascend in the eyes of the world as true heroes. This vigilante front he's decided to take is going to open up many opportunities for Deku to see the world and for the world to see him, especially in a time where heroes are what's needed the most.

A person that never gives up, in the face of hundreds giving up, is something that will not be ignored, especially when the fights he gets into get bigger and bigger as AFO comes after him. Just imagine how much attention he would get as an individual person if he fought Muscular in the middle of a city and won? Or even how scared he could make villains if someone like Overhaul told how this is the one that destroyed his dream?

Deku is being set up as the pinnacle of what a hero should be even more than All Might right now, and him inspiring others to step up their game and save the people is going to be what changes society in his favor.

I mean it’s good that Deku left. He needs to train and he can’t do that by being stuck at school. I mean I know for a fact that Inko and Uraraka are gonna have a scene together (it’s quite obvious)

I mean it also proves that Gran Torino hospitalized for the rest of his life or he retired
Deku must have also went to Mei before he left

The villain he's looking at must be pretty strong to cause an explosion that big around all those skyscrapers

The villain he's looking at must be pretty strong to cause an explosion that big around all those skyscrapers
I'd estimate that's anywhere between Large Building or City Block level if we're judging by the shockwave. It could be dust, but let's assume the best for now. If we get a clear shot of the damage it did to the city block we might be able to calculate it.

Once again, I find myself asking if this is the "Final Act" of the entire story or just the current series, with a sequel series continuing onwards

Either way, there's still a lot more to do before the end and I'm looking forward to seeing every bit of it

Once again, I find myself asking if this is the "Final Act" of the entire story or just the current series, with a sequel series continuing onwards

Either way, there's still a lot more to do before the end and I'm looking forward to seeing every bit of it
Final Arc. Next chapter is next Sunday

I feel that, should a sequel series arise, that THAT will be where the focus shifts from japan to a more worldwide view, like other countries. Maybe a manga about famous hero Deku going around to other places around the world.

At the very least, the rest of the world being involved with Japan is beginning to happen, what with other heroes coming in from other countries to help with the current society.

Hope we get more details or at least a trailer. I'm also hoping the manga starts acknowledging the movies more directly instead of small snapshots and statements.

So far the only main manga acknowledgement of Two Heroes is Endeavor's costume and for Heroes Rising, its just some snap of Nine some vague statements before the timeline of the movie but after it happened, nothing about it was mentioned again.

She was mentioned in the Volume Extras as the person who made Endeavor's costume, and she shows up in the official spin-off, Team Up Missions

Last edited:
Yeah, she's in TUM but that's even more inconsequential than even Vigilantes. TUM is more like the novels as it mostly handles slice of life material that'll probably never be acknowledged in the main manga.

At least with Vigilantes, it has covered important stuff like Stain and Eraserhead's backstories.

Back