• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Actually, quick question: did we ever establish if killing Twice is what killed all his clones back in the first war?
Was never a thing.
Prime AFO stomps the hell out of Complete Shigaraki
As it stands, Quirk-erased Current Shigaraki can physically stomp characters that All For One needed a Quirk that destroys his own body to do so.
Shigaraki with actual access to his Quirks would obliterate All For One.

Honestly current AFO has an even shittier Dura than his Weakened self. A few hits from Dark Shadow, Mt Lady and Machia and my man was reduce to a literal skeleton.

Not gonna lie..

Prime AFO stomps the hell out of Complete Shigaraki if we’re going strictly off of feats performed. Like, it isn’t close whatsoever
What feats? He onetapped Gigantomachia, Tokoyami, and Mt. Lady but frankly none of them are Shigaraki level.

Look at the punishment Shigaraki took against Star and Stripes for example or against Deku and Endeavor in the first war even while his body was literally splitting apart.

Shigaraki has insane damage soak even when he was a regular human physically and now he is a tank. Unless AFO can somehow output power equal to 120% Deku (unlikely), he isn't bursting through even just quirkless Shigaraki's shell.

With quirks, Shigaraki can tank anything AFO throws at him. He can also one tap AFO with Decay.

Of course that's just stat-wise but I'm terms of skill, AFO has shown himself to be better at using the stockpiled quirks in Shigaraki's body better than Shigaraki himself so it is possible for him to win based off "experience". Even then, he hasn't really shown anything that can put Shigaraki down.

Honestly current AFO has an even shittier Dura than his Weakened self. A few hits from Dark Shadow, Mt Lady and Machia and my man was reduce to a literal skeleton.
I think he just stopped bothering to defend himself with defence type quirks once he started rewinding.

Cause even Hawks sword cut his cheek and stabbed and cut through his shoulder.

We know AFO can boost his defense to at least Kamino All Might level.

Plus he has Impact Recoil, which he gave an excuse that it wouldn't work against Endeavor's flames but against physical fighter's like Machia, Tokoyami, and Mt. Lady, they would have been screwed.

He also has some type of barrier quirk that he doesn't use again post-rewind.

Bakugo vs Dabi who wins and why?
It would be kinda opposite of the AFO-Shigaraki fight where rather than heat, it's the concussive force of Bakugo's explosions that would be any threat to Dabi.

Bakugo is obviously faster and it's not like we haven't seen Dabi get KO'd by Gran Torino before.

I don't know how good Bakugo's heat resistance would be. It's definitely better than most but I doubt he can tank Dabi's stronger attacks. His best bet is to just keep running around Dabi and spamming attacks from a mid-range distance.

Last edited:
Dabi vs Bakugo is highly dependent on how Dabi's durability is presented and his capacity to take blunt force attacks. Dabi's one of those characters whose capabilities increases depending on their relevance to the plot.

As of now, current Dabi seems to be fast enough to block attacks from Pre-Awakening Bakugo, but Bakugo's Awakening presumably gave him a speed boost significant enough to just blast Dabi in the face and knock him out indefinitely. Bakugo only needs to land one, strong attack.

Not sure why Horikoshi didn't show us that directly.

Star and Stripe destroying Tomura's Quirks was a big disappointment in the end. We should have gotten a list of what he had lost.
That's one of my biggest criticisms of the arc and the story in general.

Clearly the reason why Hori did not show that is because he's a hack.

The regen destruction was actually a really good moment of just showing without telling. At least that's how I feel since I've been calling it since that chapter came out.

However I'd say the bigger issue, for me at least, was that Shigaraki barely showed off any unique Quirks that really stood out.

Obviously he can't lose Decay or AFO, so that left his extra Quirks. Search was shown to be fine, but I feel like they could've let that one get destroyed since he hasn't really shown any use for it in the current battle. Maybe Impact Recoil as well, though it would've been great to see him use it if he did lose it.

It's possible we'll still get mentions of any Quirks he lost during his fight, but they won't hit as hard since we barely saw them in action. Since Shigaraki's been Quirkless for most of his fights. Would've been great if we had a small villain arc with a Incomplete Shigaraki who'd show off some new and old Quirks.

I kind of thought that was what the Star and Stripe arc would've lead up to, yet he barely used anything new. Shigaraki not showing off any Quirks means Horikoshi can just make up any power he feels like. I mean he already could, but getting to see them in advance would've help them feel more solid.

I don't want a full comprehensive list of everything he can do, that'd be a bad decision in my mind, just a general showing of his powers.

The regen destruction was actually a really good moment of just showing without telling. At least that's how I feel since I've been calling it since that chapter came out.

However I'd say the bigger issue, for me at least, was that Shigaraki barely showed off any unique Quirks that really stood out.

Obviously he can't lose Decay or AFO, so that left his extra Quirks. But we barely saw or even care about any of them. Search was shown to be fine, but I feel like they could've let that one get destroyed since he hasn't really shown any use for it in the current battle.

It's possible we'll still get mentions of any Quirks he lost during his fight, but they won't hit as hard since we barely saw them in action. Since Shigaraki's been Quirkless for most of his fights. Would've been great if we had a small villain arc with a Incomplete Shigaraki who'd show off some new and old Quirks.

I kind of thought that was what the Star and Stripe arc would've lead up to, yet he barely used anything new. Shigaraki not showing off any Quirks means Horikoshi can just make up any power he feels like. I mean he already could, but getting to see them in advance would've help them feel more solid.

I don't want a full comprehensive list of everything he can do, that'd be a bad decision in my mind, just a general showing of his powers.
Honestly Shigaraki has been handicapped in almost every fight since he got AFO. He rarely ever gets to showcase any extra quirks. In the first war, he was under Erasure the entire time and even after getting out of it, he didn't use anything new.

In S&S arc, the only new quirks he used were Heavy Payload and Reflect and Refract. But none of them are that special. Losing reflect didn't seem like a big deal since it wasn't even as OP as Flect's version of Reflect.

Had always wished he had Wolfram and all of Nine's quirks. Maybe give an explanation that AFO took a copy of Metal Manip in exchange for his help, maybe make it so that the suit that Nine wore records and makes copies of his quirks and Shigaraki retrieve its record when he offed Nine. Those quirks were cool and would've added much variety to AFO's "limitless variety" of Air Cannon and Rivet Stab

Had always wished he had Wolfram and all of Nine's quirks. Maybe give an explanation that AFO took a copy of Metal Manip in exchange for his help, maybe make it so that the suit that Nine wore records and makes copies of his quirks and Shigaraki retrieve its record when he offed Nine. Those quirks were cool and would've added much variety to AFO's "limitless variety" of Air Cannon and Rivet Stab
Kinda hard for him to have Nine's quirks when Nine stole them after he got out of the tube. They are stolen from heroes in the early part of the film.

That's why the anime was pretty dumb in coloring Shigaraki's air canon like Nine's Air Wall since there's no way Shiggy would have it given the timeline.

Though there is honestly no reason Ujiko couldn't have copied or replicated Nine and Wolfram's actual quirks.

Bakugo vs Dabi who wins and why?
This honestly seems like a bad match up. From my perspective of things, i see no reason why dabi would lose to bakugo.

Bakugo no matter how fast he is, he is never coming close to dabi unless he is planning on dying. The heat and fire feat that dabi was radiating pre his phoshor awakening would be to much for bakugo and would keep him bay.

Bakugo would be forced to use range attack on dabi which i doubt would be blitzing dabi. Meanwhile, we have dabi who can spam multiple attacks quickly and without charge, dabi could also cause environmental destruction via heat, dabi has denmaku thats is even better than endy + his magma manipulation that instantly just pop out of the ground from nowhere.

Unless bakugo has some broken precog that am un aware of, dabi is simply a bad match up for bakugo as he is a type of foe bakugo has never faced.

This honestly seems like a bad match up. From my perspective of things, i see no reason why dabi would lose to bakugo.

Bakugo no matter how fast he is, he is never coming close to dabi unless he is planning on dying. The heat and fire feat that dabi was radiating pre his phoshor awakening would be to much for bakugo and would keep him bay.

Bakugo would be forced to use range attack on dabi which i doubt would be blitzing dabi. Meanwhile, we have dabi who can spam multiple attacks quickly and without charge, dabi could also cause environmental destruction via heat, dabi has denmaku thats is even better than endy + his magma manipulation that instantly just pop out of the ground from nowhere.

Unless bakugo has some broken precog that am un aware of, dabi is simply a bad match up for bakugo as he is a type of foe bakugo has never faced.
Yeah, I don’t see him losing either. Passive heat negs.

Seems like she’s gonna get a nerf like Shigaraki.
The clones at the end are seen warping and coming together to make “ something”.

Could be Asui, or it could be something. Whatever it is I hope it doesn’t take the Shigaraki turn.
First he has infinite fingers that can all use decay which would honestly have made him unbeatable, but he lost all of them “evolving” into something stronger. While he did receive a buff, he lost what truly made him broken at the time. Horikoshi knew it was too OP.
Same thing seems to be happening with Toga, if she learn to make exact copies then everyone just loses, but if she just keep making inf copies everyone loses. She has to lose her wincons without getting weaker so it has to be a “buff” that takes away her previous wincon.

My reason for saying that AFO > Current Shigaraki is because of AP. Although I guess we can assume that Shiggy has all of AFO’s quirks, we haven’t seen him use them.

AFO could oneshot Gigantomachia, who is more durable than anyone that Shigaraki fought. He also no-diffed Mount Lady and Baldr Tokoyami.

In terms of sheer AP feats, Complete Shigaraki hasn’t done anything worthwhile. Mirko, a character who is not known for her durability, could withstand a full power punch from Evolved Shigaraki at point blank and remain standing.

Maybe we will see Shigaraki use some quirks that surpass AFO’s feats, but as of right now, AFO has far better AP feats than Shigaraki.

To be fair though we can't compare AFO to current Shigaraki at all yet.

A better comparison would be Quirkless AFO to Quirkless Shigaraki.

We should reserve judgements on current Shigaraki's full power.

Current Shigaraki is #1 in the verse both narratively and logistically, he has all the statements and AFO's entire plan is having Shigaraki just be a stronger version of himself. Also so far we've only seen Shigaraki with physicals, it's not exactly fair to say Full Power Shigaraki is below an AFO that's been spamming and combining quirks when Shigaraki himself has solely been relying on his Physicals and Mutations, which already make him a stronger version of All Might

Current Shigaraki is #1 in the verse both narratively and logistically, he has all the statements and AFO's entire plan is having Shigaraki just be a stronger version of himself. Also so far we've only seen Shigaraki with physicals, it's not exactly fair to say Full Power Shigaraki is below an AFO that's been spamming and combining quirks when Shigaraki himself has solely been relying on his Physicals and Mutations, which already make him a stronger version of All Might
I think that is what Damage is saying, that we shouldn't judge a quirkless Shigaraki to a Full Power AFO.

Pls let AFO on his last breath after killing All Might, arrive at Shigaraki only to get dusted and all his quirks stolen 🙏
That would go exactly as AFO plans the situation to be.
His current body is done for. His mission is to transfer his current Quirk to Shigaraki's body in order to have two AFO Vestiges overpower the Shigaraki Vestige and take control of Shigaraki's body.

My reason for saying that AFO > Current Shigaraki is because of AP. Although I guess we can assume that Shiggy has all of AFO’s quirks, we haven’t seen him use them.

AFO could oneshot Gigantomachia, who is more durable than anyone that Shigaraki fought. He also no-diffed Mount Lady and Baldr Tokoyami.

In terms of sheer AP feats, Complete Shigaraki hasn’t done anything worthwhile. Mirko, a character who is not known for her durability, could withstand a full power punch from Evolved Shigaraki at point blank and remain standing.

Maybe we will see Shigaraki use some quirks that surpass AFO’s feats, but as of right now, AFO has far better AP feats than Shigaraki.
Even if Current Quirk-erased Shigaraki can't oneshot Gigantomachia, his Prime All Might level strength indicates that he won't be that far from doing so.
No-diffing Tokoyami and Mount Lady aren't even feats for AFO,'s benefit, rather Tokoyami and Mount Lady benefits from fighting AFO.

Mirko surviving Shigaraki's point blank hit is a feat for Mirko.

We currently don't have any reason to believe that AFO is outputting AP higher than a Prime All Might level character can also output. Even if that's the case, that's not a particularly huge gap.

"But we're talking in terms of sheer AP feats" then that means AFO > Current Midoriya too, since Midoriya's only feats at this time were performed against Shigaraki.

Back