• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

It's always funny to see how people treat author's statements no matter how physically and mathematically impossible it is to the things the characters are shown to do. You could have a verse where people are dodging lighting, traversing interplanetary distance and saving a city full of people from a nuclear explosion but a few faster than sound or below light speed statement later and people are all clambering to downgrade the verse like they just heard a thesis from a physics professor. On the flipside, a verse could have multiple lightpeed or FTL statements from the author but will be treated as hyperbolic or flowery language by everyone as it contradict and is literally impossible with what the characters are shown to do. The complete opposite way the same group of people treat the same event always cracks me up. Personally, author statements are only worth considering if they line up with or are supportive of what is shown on paper. I don't care how FTL you think your verse are, if the highest feat the characters are shown to struggle against are Hypersonic then it will stay that way, on the contrary if your characters can immediately travel from one city to the next to save a falling building or move fast enough to caught up with and outspeed a bullet then no amount of hyping up transonic or supersonic is gonna change my perception.

Last edited:
In hindsight I would've been all-in on downgrades not only if it made actual sense but if there's real suggestions on what to change beyond "I think there's something wrong here."

I was originally pushing for considering the movies as a separate canon but it's not like we can ignore Horikoshi saying that they are, in fact, canon, even to the point that he made sure the second and third movies would fit the manga timeline.

She's an irrelevant background character so i couldn't care less
Can someone post the full leak pls 🙏

Last edited:
She's an irrelevant background character so i couldn't care less
Can some one post the full leak pls 🙏
Can't link to the full chapter, but you should be able to find it online easily enough.

Why is Deku Massively Hypersonic on his profile yet Shigaraki isn’t?

Shigaraki is canonically as fast as 100%.
Pretty sure deku is only conditionally mhs+ as he needs to use like 3 abilities at once with some buildup
So his regular combat speed doesn't scale there

Hell, All Might is Massively Hypersonic on his profile and Shigaraki is canonically as fast as him. So is Shigaraki’s profile in error or is there some arbitrary downplaying going on?

Pretty sure deku is only conditionally mhs+ as he needs to use like 3 abilities at once with some buildup
So his regular combat speed doesn't scale there
That doesn’t matter because Faux 100% is still 100% speed, which Shigaraki is naturally as fast as. Because he’s Prime All Might level in every way naturally, which Faux 100% is stated to replicate.

Why is Deku Massively Hypersonic on his profile yet Shigaraki isn’t?

Shigaraki is canonically as fast as 100%.
The profile for Shigaraki is for Incomplete Shigaraki who is HHS+ with the current scaling.

Izuku's current 100% is superior to Weakened All Might and Incomplete Shigaraki.

The scaling you're mentioning only applies to Complete Shigaraki.

Current war Shigaraki has yet to even accumulate any feats. I don't think anything he has done in the current fight strength/defence/or speedwise compares even with the Star and Stripes fight.

Not gonna lie..

Prime AFO stomps the hell out of Complete Shigaraki if we’re going strictly off of feats performed. Like, it isn’t close whatsoever

Not gonna lie..

Prime AFO stomps the hell out of Complete Shigaraki if we’re going strictly off of feats performed. Like, it isn’t close whatsoever
He hasn’t shown any feats as of now. Complete Shigaraki is literally Prime AFO with Regeneration and Decay, it’s not even close.

And not even that, his body has reactive evolution which lets him adapt to changes towards his body.
Someone starts to overpower him? His durability grows. Idk if this is still in effect but before hand it definitely was. Shigaraki just cant lose.

Back