• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

You can refuse to watch the movies and the manga still stands alone as its own story. That's why a lot of people think the movies are not canon. It's almost inconsequential.

It is canon as per Horikoshi and it doesn't contradict the manga. But the casual viewers don't really delve into these things most of the time.

There's a bajillion frog or toad abilities Hori could give Tsuyu.

Some frogs have spikes, others can break their bones and use them like wolverine claws.

Others can shoot blood out of their eyes (sort of like Dio and Jojo vampires).

They can condense water on their skin.

Of course some also have very potent poison (Tsuyu kinda has some of this).

Plus a very good healing factor.

Todoroki needs something like Human Torch/Ice-Man. Basically a transformation into either fully ice or fully fire or both.

Iida - there's like a bajillion speedster powers and abilities that Hori could pull from.

But I think that's about it. I don't see the non-important characters getting any major power-ups.

The guy who might really benefit from an Awakening is Kaminari cause he hasn't done shit in this 2nd war. At least in the first war he served as the opening act.

There's really nothing to calc there. At best it could be an Lifting Strength feat, but we don't know how many clones Uraraka is making float in this moment.

Unless you want to know how many clones there are? I can't really say as of yet, I'm going to wait for more panels in future chapters before trying.

I can understand for now.

Also, here’s a new take of mine:
Current Uraraka now low diffs any Pre-Overhaul Arc version of Deku (assuming he doesn’t risk breaking his body with any 100% attacks ofc).

^ Who agrees or disagrees?

Ochako surviving the onslaught of twice clones after getting stabbed up is craazy plot armour
How tf does she survive 70% of the chapter before her quirk awakens?

Ochako surviving the onslaught of twice clones after getting stabbed up is craazy plot armour
The same could be said about all the characters who were getting swarmed before Ochako's awakening. Like they should be full of holes by now(maybe not Jirou since she survived an Air Cannon from AFO)

We see her dodging, deflecting and fighting off the entire swarm of clones with gunhead martial arts while making them float, she’s simply built like that. They only start to actually get close enough to touch her near the end when she’s fully surrounded and even then she’s fighting them off and not getting hit directly like everyone else, while bleeding out from that stab wound.

Her Quirk awakens when she seems to get finally overwhelmed.

Also one of the clones Toga sends at her is a Nomu clone, so allow me to check rq if Ochako just survived an assault that included a 7-A character.

We see her dodging, deflecting and fighting off the entire swarm of clones with gunhead martial arts while making them float, she’s simply built like that. They only start to actually get close enough to touch her near the end when she’s fully surrounded and even then she’s fighting them off and not getting hit directly like everyone else, while bleeding out from that stab wound.

Her Quirk awakens when she seems to get finally overwhelmed.

Also one of the clones Toga sends at her is a Nomu clone, so allow me to check rq if Ochako just survived an assault that included a 7-A character.
Did any of the clones hurt Jirou? I smell 7-A 👀

Alright so pretty sure one of Toga’s clones swallowed the blood of the near high end that was at the Gunga battlefield since that’s how they’re turning into different people in the first place. So might just be appearance and not physical considering how her Quirk works.
Did any of the clones hurt Jirou? I smell 7-A 👀
They beat the shit out of Jirou and everyone else on the battlefield.

Wonder if this will scale only with her knife(Hawks style) or her physical as well. My guts is telling me the latter since she also beat the shit out of Jirou

Wonder if this will scale only with her knife(Hawks style) or her physical as well. My guts is telling me the latter since she also beat the shit out of Jirou
Wouldn't it take a set amount of energy to penetrate the skin and muscle the high-end nomu? That would be an interesting feat to calc. Should scale to her ap

If taking a hit from a High end wasn't enough, I guess this should solidify Froppy with 7-A dura

Wait I just realized her clones ATTACKED the near high end and DREW ITS BLOOD. On the panel of her Sad Man’s Legion, where everyone is getting swarmed, the Near High End isn’t spared.

What kind of drugs is she on.
By the time the Paranormal Liberation War arc rolled on, Nomus had been a fair bit vulnerable. We knew a swarm of heroes killed several Near High Ends, and Gang Orca's group killed one during this arc.

Though Toga's always been portrayed as a bit of a wildcard I guess.

Wouldn't it take a set amount of energy to penetrate the skin and muscle the high-end nomu? That would be an interesting feat to calc. Should scale to her ap
Nothing to calc, would just be a Hawks situation where her knives can apparently pierce people way stronger than she should be capable of piercing.

And the thing with Jirou isn’t set cause pretty sure Jirou doesn’t downscale from AFO.
By the time the Paranormal Liberation War arc rolled on, Nomus had been a fair bit vulnerable. We knew a swarm of heroes killed several Near High Ends, and Gang Orca's group killed one during this arc.

Though Toga's always been portrayed as a bit of a wildcard I guess.
I mean, they’re tireless mutations that are only separated from High Ends because of their lack of intelligence (see the one that was surviving hits from Star and Stripe alongside Shigaraki).

So there’s really no reasoning any high end is weaker than another without specific quirks coming into play. Their baseline strength and durability should all be similar.

So we got Toga drawing blood from one with her knives (which Ochako can block with her gear btw) and Tsu taking a hit from one and surviving, though she was KO’d and severely hurt. I sense a downscale in our near future.

My Danger Sense is telling me that Damage is gonna show up and debunk all of this in one fell swoop

So we got Toga drawing blood from one with her knives (which Ochako can block with her gear btw) and Tsu taking a hit from one and surviving, though she was KO’d and severely hurt. I sense a downscale in our near future.
A downscale for the nomus? How would that make sense. Shouldn't it just upscale everyone else, that's more logistical.

So there’s really no reasoning any high end is weaker than another without specific quirks coming into play. Their baseline strength and durability should all be similar.
Never said they were weaker. Just that the story decided to let them get damaged more often once the NHE were classified as foot soldiers. Alternatively, the power of pro heroes in general fluctuate depending on what the story needs them to be.

However you wanna scale this particular situation is up to you.

Never said they were weaker. Just that the story decided to let them get damaged more often once the NHE were classified as foot soldiers. Alternatively, the power of pro heroes in general fluctuate depending on what the story needs them to be.

However you wanna scale this particular situation is up to you.
I mean imo everyone should just scale to whatever we do with Hawks considering he’s the poster child of this exact scenario.

Back