• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Most of the criticisms against Midoriya is just him crying (which has never stopped him from being competent when it actually matters and doesn't make someone a bad character)

I like the idea of an inherently awkward and vulnerable teen who tries to embody a greater ideal
I promise you when I say that when this shit was revealed in the manga people were hopping on the MHA bandwagon because Deku "looked cool". They're basically saying that they only were interested in Deku when he was portrayed as some sort of edgy badass instead of crybaby, which, while valid to say in MHA's early days, is such a horrible misconception these days.

I want All Might to explode into a million pieces.
All might next chapter:
squidward-squidward-explodes.gif

My guy they are moon level off of multipliers from a High 6-C calc that stretches over 100+ chapters, I’ve given up on that verses scaling. Them having a 20x amp move that they can throw out whenever they want doesn’t surprise me.
Technically in the middle of the scaling chain is a high 6-A feat from a cannon movie

My guy they are moon level off of multipliers from a High 6-C calc that stretches over 100+ chapters, I’ve given up on that verses scaling. Them having a 20x amp move that they can throw out whenever they want doesn’t surprise me.
Well it ain't as bad as Mashle relying off of a country bust statement and getting to low 5-B through multiplier scaling until the continent push and tsunami

Poetic that the strongest Shonen of the modern era is a sword wielder with a devil inside. Really following that Bleach footsteps
Boruto does not exist you are trippin

I wouldn't mind all these multipliers if the authors actually substantiated then with actual feats.

But a lot of authors seem to like going the Toriyama route where there's barely any feats despite dozens of statements.

Although he had a short showing, Kunieda is definitely up there in the verse. At least his power seems to be hax on par with Mushroom girl in how it infects people. He wipes out an entire battalion of heroes including FatGum.

Aoyama and Hagakure get to team up again and take him down.

AFO doesn't particularly use any new quirks. Just the mouths he used against Jirou but much bigger.

All Might blows his mouth open with an imitation of Shoto's fire then Hercules blasts AFO with a laser like Aoyama's.

So there's 5 abilities left so far and I'm guessing the last one used might be Bakugo.

Man, I hope that’s not the end of Kunieda or Aoyama. Only other assassin we have is “Gashly” who is probably where Sero is (which is also where AM/AFO are near now).

Also yeah this armor is awesome in like every way. Him sticking the Shoto cannon in AFO’s mouth and blasting him with it was sick. In an actual fight against someone not wildly stronger than him, the amount of stuff he’s pulling out would be pretty annoying to deal with. I’m guessing Uravity is the flight system that is always on and he’s just enhancing it with Ingenium to go faster, but combining that with the Tentacole/Froppy limbs and Tailman makes such a cool visual.

The Anima birds doing his bidding to get the Can’t Stop Twinkling Laser was a cool play, and with that, we’ve only got five students left: Creati (maybe shifting broken parts to make new weapons on the fly?), Grape Juice (an adhesive for sure), Earphone Jack (sound blasts), Invisible Girl (either a flash bang or some stealth capabilities) and naturally: Great Explosion Murder God Dynamight.

Dynamight is without question a self destruct button and if AM dies it’s going to be to that/ejecting the suit to detonate on AFO.

Leaves me wondering if he has a “Deku” function or not, since he’s only used “Blackwhip,” not “Deku.”

All in all? AM is going out like a badass if this is his end, and he’s STILL confident that he can win even though he’s been getting thrashed. I wonder how much damage the Can’t Stop Twinkling laser is gonna deal.

Though it pains me to think of (not cause sad but cause stupid), if Deku somehow loses OFA and has to go on as a Quirkless Hero… Melissa and Mei are absolutely kitting him out with an Armored Deku suit that will just be Armored All Might on crack. My man’s hero career is secured whether he keeps OFA or not.

Melissa/Mei can make gauntlets that are strong enough to block Prime AM level punches, them working together for a full suit would be scary.

Also if Toshi dies he’s giving everything to Izuku, so I wonder if he’ll just be filthy rich at the end of all this lol.

Back