• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

My guy AM dodged the laser before it hit the ground, idk if it was aim dodging or not either since he used the resin to protect himself. Forget Stain I need to see if we got a speed upgrade for AM.

Also this lowkey confirms the SnS lasers are similarly true light now that we have a comparison and reason to believe they can be reflected like via AM’s resin.
I just calced it (AM dodging the laser before it hitting the ground) and got it to relativistic!

cant you put it through google lens to get a feel?
I did. Through that, he says:

“At the same time as irradiation, purge (laser fire I think?), “Tentacol” power to move. Use thrusters at full forward (to) escape.”

Or it’s “As irradiation, purge at the same time “Tentacol” power to move. Use thrusters at full forward (to) escape.”

I did. Through that, he says:

“At the same time as irradiation, purge (laser fire I think?), “Tentacol” power to move. Use thrusters at full forward (to) escape.”

Or it’s “As irradiation, purge at the same time “Tentacol” power to move. Use thrusters at full forward (to) escape.”
...That went well

Given the scene, I think he, at the same time the laser is shot, disconnects Tentacol and then uses his thrusters to blast forward.

Whether he CONCRETELY did that before or after the laser was shot, unknown. It says “at the same time” but early translations say “After,” so either way the laser should be already moving as he’s disconnecting Tentacol and moving forward. So his movement speed here is definitely going at a relative pace to the laser.

Also I THINK he still got a bit clipped by the laser given he mentions the invisible girl resin. Idk tho

Yeah, I’m breaking down the RAWS a bit more and the phrase specifically is “同時に” which means “at the same time” or “simultaneously” and even “while.”

So he disconnected Tentacol “at the same time/simultaneously/while” the laser is shooting.

So yeah, he moved that distance while that laser is coming down.

Mach 1 Iida btw

Can’t you take the thickness of he laser at its base and use that to find the height with the previous chapter shot?
That's going to make it more complicated when it's not necessary, to use the calc of the laser to recalc the laser in a different panel. And again the building blocks a lot of it and we can't see it. It's much more straightforward and simpler to go with the panel where we can see the entire laser.

How do we know that laser is light speed?
It's powered by a battery and engine so it's not some stupid biological or chemical laser which only let's us with a good old fashioned light speed laser. It's named after Aoyama whose ability is called and clearly shown to be light (even if it's not lightspeed 😒) and most importantly allmight used invisible girls optical resin and invisible girl can bend/refleft light.

No again because we can't see the bottom half and we have nothing to scale off of. We need something we know the height of.
Can use that light pole
How do we know that laser is light speed?
We are told via chapter name (using the raws) that the laser is an “Organic Alternating Current Electronic Cigarette/Lamp.” So it’s a functionally just a giant, power plant powered light producer. So that’s reasonable source and photons met.

He also claims the resin from the suit reduces the heat, which would mean that the resin is refracting the light as that is what Resin does. There is no other reason he would use resin if the attack itself wasn’t light.

Bruh. Wait for officials, wiki doesn’t evaluate things before official release no matter how the scan looks. Also means you might spoil for people that don’t read spoilers but are calc group members, just chill out.
Yeah, this is a good point. We wouldn't allow a CRT for it anyway till after official releases.

All's left is Bakugo's canon now. Also high chance All Might and Stain do not get a clean win with this especially knowing AFO shenanigans. Even when you think you killed him, he crawls back. (I never thought about it before but both Hagakure and Aoyama should have pretty high heat resistance
We see the other cannon got destroyed actually (shame), so it was probably an ice cannon for Shoto if Bakugo is a self destruct. And yeah AFO gonna pull some weird “I don’t need to move” bs to live this.

I redid the calc using that light pole. The best average I could find is 4.5m. Using that I got allmights speed at relativistic+, even better. Wow.
Not gonna lie, this isn’t getting accepted.
If All Might truly moved at the same time as the laser, he’s barely reaching sub rela. The scan you used doesn’t work because the lightpole is no where near the center.
In the previous chapter we see that this beam is far higher than you calculated.

Not gonna lie, this isn’t getting accepted.
If All Might truly moved at the same time as the laser, he’s barely reaching sub rela. The scan you used doesn’t work because the lightpole is no where near the center.
In the previous chapter we see that this beam is far higher than you calculated.
First off, use spoilers.

Why would he barely reach sub rela if he moved a certain distance while the laser was already firing? And why does the light pole have to be near the center at all, it’s just a frame of reference for the lasers height?

And yet in this chapter it’s way lower than what we saw before, so either it got lowered down for some reason or that shot is inconsistent with the other two shots of the laser we get this chapter that show it around this height.

Farfetched imo, but can’t you use the wheel on it and just assume it’s an average motorcycle wheel size and use that to calc the speed or no.

Ok yeah, looking at the feat:

https://cdn.****************.com/file/CDN-M-A-N/bnha_399_014.png

Imma say that beam looks to be 50-100 meters above the ground.

https://cdn.****************.com/file/CDN-M-A-N/bnha_400_limit_004.png

All Might has to move only like 2 meters to avoid getting hit by the laser, and he might’ve even gotten clipped by it too.

I don’t know where y’all are getting relativistic, let alone relativistic+ ratings from this feat. All Might moving a couple feet right as the beam is fired when it’s dozens of meters above ground means he should only be sub relativistic at most.

Also, is this beam even moving at light speed? It’s supposed to be a replica of Aoyama’s beam right, which is weird in the own right.

Back