• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

If Deku touches something he can speed things up
Can you also slow them down? because if you can do it and put an enemy in gear zero you basically get your own instawin

[RRHH][/HR]
Puede ser una imagen en blanco y negro

I mean we can still find the speed of this blitz and it would work for how fast 2nd Gear makes you, since Deku can react to Awakened Bakugo. I’m sure we can get something out of this.

For reference, AFO’s reactions are scaling to 45% Deku’s, so he gets Nagant bullet speed reaction for this blitz. And it was from MANY kilometers away.

I mean we can still find the speed of this blitz and it would work for how fast 2nd Gear makes you, since Deku can react to Awakened Bakugo. I’m sure we can get something out of this.

For reference, AFO’s reactions are scaling to 45% Deku’s, so he gets Nagant bullet speed reaction for this blitz. And it was from MANY kilometers away.
Yeah the panel where bakugo saves allmight can be used best to calculate the distance. Also, the shockwaves are so big they cover the entire city, I'm suprised the buildings are still standing up.

I’m very pleased AM didn’t die, it was a guarantee the second Bakugo got up. Defying fate has a precedent and the whole “wishing energy” was shown with how Deku didn’t die vs Overhaul.

Enough people hoping for an outcome > Nighteye’s vision, as was established. So I’m happy that’s consistent.

AM doesn’t need to die and never has needed to die. Living in spite of death flags is his specialty and he needs to hear Deku say “I’m Here” before his character is complete.

Small question. I want to make a matchup with Kaminari, but I can't tell what his exact attack potency value is. Is it the same as 5% Deku (711.97 tons) or is it one of these values under the secondary calculations section? I'm trying to use Joint Training arc Kaminari by the way

image.png

Bakugo being thrown at AFO created some big ass shockwaves all the way to the city. That’s gotta be a crazy LS feat.
You mean through scaling and by extension blitzing AFO across that distance with said scaling, right?

If you're talking about the shockwaves... If something with the mass of a person flew that close to the surface at LS, the surface would be absolutely demolished.

Last edited:
Small question. I want to make a matchup with Kaminari, but I can't tell what his exact attack potency value is. Is it the same as 5% Deku (711.97 tons) or is it one of these values under the secondary calculations section? I'm trying to use Joint Training arc Kaminari by the way

image.png
The reason they are called secondary calcs is because we don't use them for the main scaling, they are just supporting feats.

You will probably have a better idea of Kaminari's scaling from if you read the "Notes" section, he is physically around Monoma's level, who is scaling three times weaker than 8%, which is stronger than 711.97 tons.

His electricity is around 8% level, if not stronger.

Distance between Bakugo and Deku is ~2.16 kilometers. Distance between Deku and AFO is ~9.57 kilometers. This is using the U.A. Fortress's diameter.

We could probably get Mach +24000 if we assumed AFO have Supersonic+ reactions.
Me after using frozen time method since this all happened before he could rip AM in half and seeing the result: 🗿

Distance between Bakugo and Deku is ~2.16 kilometers. Distance between Deku and AFO is ~9.57 kilometers. This is using the U.A. Fortress's diameter.

We could probably get Mach +24000 if we assumed AFO have Supersonic+ reactions.
The question then is where the Supersonic+ assumption comes from. It's very oddly specific

Aite I’m prob dumb and this is why I don’t calc but I’m getting Relativistic speeds for a blitz.

Let’s assume AFO is moving his arms but he doesn’t move them enough to rip AM in half before Bakugo gets there, so like .25 meters.

0.25/1422 = 0.000175808720113 seconds

Distance = 9570 meters

9570/0.000175808720113 = 54,434,159 m/s = 18.15% SoL (Relativistic)

Could be wrong though so use 1 meter instead (even though it’s impossible for his arms to have moved 1 meter)

1/1422 = 0.00070323488045 seconds

9570/0.00070323488045 = 13,608,540.00000136 = 4.54% SoL (Sub-Rel)

And then of course there’s the frozen time method which is lmao

.00275/(1422) = 0.0000019338959 seconds

9570/0.0000019338959 = 4,948,560,054 m/s = 16.5x SoL (FTL+)

Soooooo ye

I’m probably suuuuuuper wrong and values aren’t certain but that’s why I don’t calc in the first place.

Nagant bullet speed, 1422 m/s = Mach 4, lowballing from the fastest snipers available since her shots are obviously ridiculously faster just from feats.
Unless we actually consider Nagant's bullet speed to be Mach 4, this has no basis being used in calcs.

Unless we actually consider Nagant's bullet speed to be Mach 4, this has no basis being used in calcs.
He was probably just lowballing as much as possible to avoid people coming for him.

After all, if sub-rel is used, we all know the arguments that will go down.

We DO consider her bullet speeds as Mach 4 for calcs, it’s the speed of the fastest sniper available, the 220 Swift. This is cause we can’t calc stack her bullet speed, but there are real life snipers that she vastly surpasses, on top of the statements of her sheer power and speed.

We’ve been using that value for her bullet speed in calcs forever.

Re-doing my horrible calc because .25 meters is an obscenely big number actually. That’s 25 cm, his hands did not move that far at all.

So, I did a bit of research and found that, if AFO is pulling AM in half, and doesn’t manage to do it before 2nd Gear Bakugo blitzes him, he would not have been able to tear the ligaments in his stomach significantly, as that is the center point for how he’s ripping AM.

The biggest ligament in the stomach is the Sacrotuberous Ligament which, in men, is about 64 mm. Ligaments can stretch about 6% their size before they tear, so using two ends for “AFO hasn’t torn anything yet” (6%) and “he’s started tearing them significantly” (so like 10%)

64x.06 = 3.84 mm distance = .00384 m
64x.1 = 6.4 mm distance = .0064 m

.00384/1422 = 0.000002700421941 seconds

9570/0.000002700421941 = 3,543,890,624 m/s = 11.8x SoL (FTL+)

.0064/1422 = 0.000004500703235 seconds

9570/0.000004500703235 = 2,126,334,375 m/s = 7.09x SoL (FTL)

So it’s comparable to frozen time.

Gonna stop now and just wait for the actually intelligent people to do it now before I give Damage more heart attacks 🗿

Re-doing my horrible calc because .25 meters is an obscenely big number actually. That’s 25 cm, his hands did not move that far at all.

So, I did a bit of research and found that, if AFO is pulling AM in half, and doesn’t manage to do it before 2nd Gear Bakugo blitzes him, he would not have been able to tear the ligaments in his stomach significantly, as that is the center point for how he’s ripping AM.

The biggest ligament in the stomach is the Sacrotuberous Ligament which, in men, is about 64 mm. Ligaments can stretch about 6% their size before they tear, so using two ends for “AFO hasn’t torn anything yet” (6%) and “he’s started tearing them significantly” (so like 10%)

64x.06 = 3.84 mm distance = .00384 m
64x.1 = 6.4 mm distance = .0064 m

.00384/1422 = 0.000002700421941 seconds

9570/0.000002700421941 = 3,543,890,624 m/s = 11.8x SoL (FTL+)

.0064/1422 = 0.000004500703235 seconds

9570/0.000004500703235 = 2,126,334,375 m/s = 7.09x SoL (FTL)

So it’s comparable to frozen time.

Gonna stop now and just wait for the actually intelligent people to do it now before I give Damage more heart attacks 🗿
This paired with my CRT for changing a previous calc to ftl will definitely make the verse ftl/ftl+ and make it easier to get previous laser feats such as the ones in the sns fight and the Armoured allmight one accepted. If everything's correct.

We DO consider her bullet speeds as Mach 4 for calcs, it’s the speed of the fastest sniper available, the 220 Swift. This is cause we can’t calc stack her bullet speed, but there are real life snipers that she vastly surpasses, on top of the statements of her sheer power and speed.

We’ve been using that value for her bullet speed in calcs forever.
I see we use that for Deku's Mach 100 calc, but frankly this calc should be removed from the verse page. We accept that Lady Nagant's bullet speed in the Dark Hero arc is at least Mach 5941.

We cannot also accept a calc that puts Deku's speed at 25 times higher than Lady Nagant's bullet speed which uses a speed value that is nearly 1500 times slower than what we accept her speed to be.

We currently don't use the Mach 100 calc at all, so removing it wouldn't cause any problems.

I see we use that for Deku's Mach 100 calc, but frankly this calc should be removed from the verse page. We accept that Lady Nagant's bullet speed in the Dark Hero arc is at least Mach 5941.

We cannot also accept a calc that puts Deku's speed at 25 times higher than Lady Nagant's bullet speed which uses a speed value that is nearly 1500 times slower than what we accept her speed to be.

We currently don't use the Mach 100 calc at all, so removing it wouldn't cause any problems.
I don't get why we can't use Mach 4 for calcs as a way to get a baseline value. The alternative is calc-stacking and that's not allowed.

It’s also used in the 45% reactions calc that’s on the blog.

It’s used mainly because we CAN’T use Mach 5941 in a normal calc. Deku can block, grab and kick away her bullets, so his combat speed/reactions are far higher than that of basically ANY sniper rifle that exists.

The 1422 is used as the baseline speed for her and anyone that scales to her shots. In the same way we use Mach 1 for Deku’s Blackwhip in that same Mach 5941 calc.

If not then we would have to use Mach 1 reactions, which isn’t correct since Deku’s is reacting to a sniper rifle that is more powerful and fast than any sniper rifle in the real world

I don't get why we can't use Mach 4 for calcs as a way to get a baseline value. The alternative is calc-stacking and that's not allowed.
If Lady Nagant's bullet speed was completely unknown, then substituing another value would make sense - but it is contradictory to assume her bullet speed in Mach 4 in one moment when really it is accepted as being Mach 5941. We'd be intentionally using an incorrect value as part of a calc which then produces an incorrect result.

If we're not going to accept that Deku's speed is Mach 100, then why bother even having the calc? If the result of the calc is irrelevant to the profiles, why keep it?

If Lady Nagant's bullet speed was completely unknown, then substituing another value would make sense - but it is contradictory to assume her bullet speed in Mach 4 in one moment when really it is accepted as being Mach 5941. We'd be intentionally using an incorrect value as part of a calc which then produces an incorrect result.

If we're not going to accept that Deku's speed is Mach 100, then why bother even having the calc? If the result of the calc is irrelevant to the profiles, why keep it?
Because it's still a good baseline? Deku would just be "faster than x"/"at least x". What's wrong with that? Should we just ignore obviously impressive feats?

Any calc that uses normal human perception speed for a character that has a calculated speed higher or lower than that value would then be incorrect as well.

Because it's still a good baseline? Deku would just be "faster than x"/"at least x". What's wrong with that? Should we just ignore obviously impressive feats?
Nothing on the profiles would change if we ignored this "obviously impressive feat".

Back