• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Quirks do influence your personality and are seemingly the absolute basis of your personality (the entire existence of vestiges). Toga’s whole character depends on the fact her Quirk makes her want to do things others think are evil.

Nature vs Nurture is a huge theme of MHA, so it’s no surprise that All For One, the secondary villain, is a shining example of it.
I see it as the natural instinct to do something, but with enough effort or patience can be made into a sort of non factor (Getting Toga blood packets to stop the cravings would have been easy given Vlad King is a hero, so blood quirks shouldn’t be the most rare in existence). Or perhaps it’s just me wanting to see as many characters as possible getting a happy ending

I see it as the natural instinct to do something, but with enough effort or patience can be made into a sort of non factor (Getting Toga blood packets to stop the cravings would have been easy given Vlad King is a hero, so blood quirks shouldn’t be the most rare in existence). Or perhaps it’s just me wanting to see as many characters as possible getting a happy ending
From what they explained about conversion therapies,
but quirks
Like, don't work on the situation, just ignore it until it goes away.
Quirks in general affect the personality of the user but most do not seem to be unpleasant or are simply physical characteristics such as lagrar or the geru of asui.
toga flatly linked his feelings of affection to his transformations that were linked to blood and well, what happened happened.

From what they explained about conversion therapies,
but quirks
Like, don't work on the situation, just ignore it until it goes away.
Quirks in general affect the personality of the user but most do not seem to be unpleasant or are simply physical characteristics such as lagrar or the geru of asui.
toga flatly linked his feelings of affection to his transformations that were linked to blood and well, what happened happened.
and just like conversion therapy it doesn’t work

exactly
It only makes everything worse, except that in this verse anyone can become a national threat so also if the bnha society swings on a very thin rope.

What we're talking about is an old approach so I don't think it counts as a spoiler.
Ah I just meant plot wise, forgot we moved from the plot spoilers

To be honest, one reason why society in Bnha was going to fall no matter what is the fact of wanting to maintain the actual and normal fire when they are not even joking in a world like the current one.
instead of moving forward they went back to before the awakening of the quirk

They are making the same mistakes but the consequences and reach of each individual person are infinitely greater than what anyone actually has.
It's one reason why I love all of this.

Last edited:
So can AFO take the life energy of the people’s quirks he steals? I been seeing a lot of translations and it seems to be the implication from the last chapter

What in the name of all nine hells did I just read?

Wasn't expecting AFO backstory right now, though now people can shut up and accept the fact that the holes on the hand come from the AFO Quirk and not Air Cannon.

The glowing baby was not the first Quirk User in the world. Even in the beginning the series made it clear this was the first ever documented case. But we saw fully grown adults also reacting to their abilities for the first time as well. I'd always assume that was around the same generation, meaning they were older than the baby.

Their powers just weren't obvious and they didn't know they had them. AFO's mother also had a Quirk and died without ever knowing about it. Also, AFO's personality is practically molded by his own power, taking from others so he can have everything for himself. He's always been a complete jerk.

Even him talking to his own brother, kind of implying he's not allowed to do anything without consulting him first. Sounds like Yoichi wasn't really sick from some kind of special diseases or something. He was sick because AFO took everything for himself and practically didn't share anything with his own brother.

He's the exact same child he is now that he was over one hundred years ago. As expect for someone who's individuality is stealing the individuality from others.

Interesting that AFO might be a mutation as well? He didn't have his mother's Quirk but a completely separate one, though maybe it came from the father's side unknowingly. But Yoichi's power is the opposite of AFO's though, so considering their twins I wonder what the hell happened to give them those abilities.

And AFO killing the glowing baby because he was really popular is peak pettiness from him.

Seriously though, what is this chapter? I guess AFO's time is coming to an end soon, flashbacks like this are never good for a character in battle, especially when they're the villain of a story that's about to reach its conclusion. There's a break next week, wonder if it'll be more flashbacks throughout AFO's life or we'll go back to the battle.

To be honest I think we'd all like to see any kind of snippet of All Might vs AFO in the past. This is probably are last chance at getting a look at that.

It seems that afo's mother does not remember the conception of the twins.

Born of a prostitute, holes in his hands from birth, guides a new era, a mysterious conception, violent nature, kept in bad conditions, saved from rats by a river, the king of demons.

afo is the antichrist? kidding aside, afo is the damn antichrist

F_JAKmNboAAIrIJ.png

I'm sorry Ik there are a lot of posts here that's why I don't rly think I'll check all of them, I've been reading some stuff here and just wanna know how Deku's stats r looking rn.

I'm sorry Ik there are a lot of posts here that's why I don't rly think I'll check all of them, I've been reading some stuff here and just wanna know how Deku's stats r looking rn.
The MHA page notes explain the stats, you'll see on Izuku's profile.

Current Izuku is Country level at 8.36 Teratons of TNT, up to 41.8 Teratons with Fa Jin.

His speed is vastly higher than 1.9% the speed of light and his Lifting Strength is vastly higher than 93,006,374,246 Metric Tons.

Anyone interested?

I should have asked this ages ago, but...

MHAS4SawTheFuture.png

'You and I are killed' refers to Deku dying here, and yet Deku lives. Does this count as any kind of Acausality or Precog. res for Deku?

I should have asked this ages ago, but...

MHAS4SawTheFuture.png

'You and I are killed' refers to Deku dying here, and yet Deku lives. Does this count as any kind of Acausality or Precog. res for Deku?
It's not for Deku.
The latest chapter explains how this type of stuff works, but basically if enough pray they can change the outcome of certain events. All Might was supposed to die fighting AFO, this was foretold by Sir Nighteye, however due to everyone around the globe praying for him to win Bakugou appeared and save All Might. His fate was changed

W chapter this time around. It's always a great thing to see the villain's origin story, no matter the nature.
Turns out that All for One (the quirk) is the true catalyst of MHA, rather than All for One (the person). I think there is a layer of irony here as well. He acts like everyone is his to use and control but if you really think about it, his whole life has been lived allowing his quirk's parasitic nature to dictate who he'd be.

Last edited:
of wishes has only been seen on 2 occasions
and both times were to alter a future already seen, the world wanted Toshinori's victory but the only thing that was avoided was the death seen by Sir.

Back